JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria– National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the information brochure at its official website (jeemain.nta.nic.in) for the students who want to pursue Engineering (B.E. / B.Tech) as an undergraduate degree. However, there are different norms and conditions for various participating institutes. After appearing in JEE Main, the selected candidates can take admission in IIITs, CFTIs, NIFTs, SFTIs and any other state Engineering Colleges. JEE Main is conducted in the online mode and the knowledge of the candidates as per the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is tested. Candidates can go through this article to know in detail about JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
There is no limit for attempts in JEE Main 2020. Candidates can appear in Paper 1 or Paper 2 or both. For more information about JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria, check this article thoroughly.
There is no age limit for the candidates to appear in JEE Main. In other words, the candidates who have appeared in 12th class examination / equivalent in the year 2018, 2019 or appearing in the year 2020 can apply for JEE Main 2020.
List of Qualifying Examination
Following points can be referred in order to see what are the list of qualifying examinations which are considered for JEE Main 2020.
- The final examination of the 10+2 system conducted by any recognized Central / State Baord like Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi.
- Final Examination of the two-year course of Joint Services Wing of the National Defence academy.
- Intermediate or two -year Pre – University examination conducted by the Board / University.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School / Board / University examination in INdia or in any other foreign country recognized as equivalent to 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education of atleast 3 year duration (Only for admission to IITs).
- Higher SEcondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate
Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva (Only for admission to IITs).
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced Level (Only for admission to IITs).
Admission to Participating Institutions
THe admission in the above given institutions will be done through Central Seat Allocation Board and will be based on All India Rank. Keepind in mind this points, there are dew other points which will be considered to take admission to these institutions. Check the other points given below.
- The candidates must have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination OR.
- Candidates must be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective boards.
- The candidates belonging to the reserved categories such as SC / ST must have 65% in the 12th class / qualifying examination.
Subject Combination required
For B.E. / B.Tech
The candidates must have passed qualifying examination with the subjects Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject.
JEE Main 2020 Application Process
The application process for Joint Entrance Examination 2020 consists of the for major steps. Check the steps given below for submitting the application form and therefore appearing in the exam.
Step 1: Registration
The first step to fill the application form is to get registered before the lapse of the deadline. At the time of registration, the candidates will have to provide the username and password which will act as their login credentials. Enter the details like name, gender, date of birth, parent’s name, contact number etc in the registration form.
Step 2: Fill the application form
After getting registered, the credentials will be sent to the registered e-mail id and contact number. Use those credentials to sign in and fill the remaining application form by entering the personal details, programme applying for, education details, other necessary details etc.
Step 3: Upload the images of the documents
After entering each and every details, now is the time to upload the scanned images of the various documents. Make sure the images of photograph and signature are uploaded in the correct format and dimensions as no chance will be given to the candidates to do the correction in the images later.
Step 4: Pay the application fee
THe last steps is to pay the application fee using the online payment gateways such as debit card / credit card / net banking / paytm / upi.
Application Fee: The following table can be referred to see the amount of the application fee for JEE Main 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Seat Reservation
Candidates can check the information given below to see how the seats are allotted to the selected candidates according to the different participating institutes. In case if any of the institute is run by the Central Government, then, these following reservations will be followed.
|GEN – EWS||10%|
About JEE Main
National Testing agency has the authority to conduct the JEE Main for the 10+2 qualified candidates aspiring for engineering as an educational platform. Candidates appearing for the JEE Main need to appear for the test in an online mode. According to the JEE Main 2020 exam pattern (JEE Main 2020 paper pattern), the exam has questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The type of questions include MCQ and the Numerical Value type questions in each section of the exam. All the interested and eligible candidates can apply for the exam and appear for the same as per the schedule.
About National Testing Agency
National Testing Agency (NTA) has been set up as an autonomous body with the authority to conduct various national level exams. Examinations in almost all the streams, including engineering, management, pharmacy, medical are being held by the Agency for the smooth functioning of exams at a large scale. National level exams including JEE Main, NEET, CMAT, GPAT, DUET and UGC NET is being conducted by the National Testing Agency.