NTA release JEE Main 2020 Result for both Paper 1 and Paper 2. JEE Main 2020 Result for both Jan Session and April Session are release separately which includes score and percentile of the students. Once both exams are concluded NTA will release the All India Ranks of all the candidates in May 2020. After the declaration of JEE Main 2020 Result, the JOSAA 2020 counselling details are announced. To check the result make sure to keep handy your Roll Number as given in your JEE Main 2020 Admit Card. Get here latest update on JEE Main 2020 Result which will show score, percentile and rank. Top 2,45,000 or more students will be eligible for JEE Advanced 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Result
JEE Main 2020 Result of computer based examination is announced by National Testing Agency after releasing Final JEE Main 2020 Answer Key. Check result of JEE Main 2020 at jeemain.nta.nic.in as per following schedule.
|JEE Main 2020 Dates January Exam|
|Dates of Examination||06 – 11 Jan 2020|
|Declaration of Result||31 Jan 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Dates April Exam|
|Dates of Examination||03 – 09 Apr 2020|
|Declaration of Result||30 Apr 2020|
Enter roll number, date of birth to login. Upon login, candidates can see score card / rank card on the screen which indicates JEE Main Result. It contains subject wise marks, all India Rank and category rank.
Check Result Here:
- Click here to check JEE Main 2020 Result of Paper 1
- Click here to check JEE Main 2020 Result of Paper 2
The result of JEE Main 2020 indicates marks, rank, as well as eligibility for JEE Advanced. Admission to engineering (BE / B.Tech) and architecture (B.Arch / B.Plan) in academic session 2020-2021 in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs are only on basis of JEE Main 2020 result.
NTA is to publish cutoff in scorecard/rank card along with result. Separate cutoff are release for general, OBC, SC, and ST. Candidates with either at least 75% marks in board exam or in top 20 percentile can participate in counselling on basis of JEE Main 2020 Result.
This is what scorecard/rank card looks like
NTA is responsible for conduct of JEE Main 2020 and declaration of its result. Result (rank) is only on basis of score obtained in exam as per official answer key.
- Marks in paper 1 = Number of correct answers x 4 – number of incorrect answers x 1.
Expected cutoffs and past year cutoffs
Given below are the expected cut off of JEE Main 2020 as well as actual past year cutoffs. To start with, the past three years cut offs were as follows:
NTA also declares 2020 cutoff (for eligibility for JEE Advanced 2020) along with JEE Main 2020 Result. You can also download opening and closing ranks of last year here.
Significance of JEE Main 2020 result of each paper is explained below.
JEE Main 2020 Result of Paper 1 for Engineering (BE / B.Tech) admission
- The result of JEE Main 2020 of paper 1 is used for the purpose of admission to engineering (BE / B.Tech).
- NITs, IIITs, CFTIs shall directly use JEE Main 2020 Rank to offer admission through counselling.
- Also many private colleges are accepting JEE Main result for engineering admissions in academic session 2020-2021.
- In paper 1, candidates get marks out of 360.
JEE Main 2020 Result of Paper 2 for Architecture (B.Arch / B.Plan) admission
- The result of JEE Main 2020 of paper 2 leads to admission to architecture and planning (B.Arch / B.Plan).
- Candidates can participate in counselling for seeking admission in NITs, CFTIs, SPAs on basis of JEE Main 2020 paper 2 result.
- Otherwise, one can also apply separately to other private colleges that accept JEE Main result.
- In paper 2, candidates get marks out of 390.
JEE Main 2020 Result: At what time will score and rank be announced?
NTA announce fixed time for declaration of JEE Main Result. It can be announced any time on scheduled date.
- Last year result was announced at 1 PM.
- In the year before that, the time at which result was announced was 5 PM.
So, firstly, if NTA announces any time for result announcement, it will be updated here. Otherwise link to check result of JEE Main 2020 will be directly published at that time at which NTA publishes result.
Marks vs Rank
While waiting for result, candidates can use the marks vs rank given below to predict their rank.
|Range of marks||Range of Ranks|
|301-310||201 – 300|
|201 – 210||6701- 8500|
|171-180||13,301 – 16,500|
|121 -130||39001- 48,000|
|61 – 80||12,00,01-20,00,00|
|41 – 60||20,00,01- 38,00,00|
|10 – 14||83,00,01-93,00,00|
How to check JEE Main 2020 Result?
Step 1: Click on the link for JEE Main 2020 result check (which is made available as soon as NTA declares result). Or you can visit jeemain.nta.nic.in.
Step 2: If you visit jeemain.nta.nic.in instead of clicking link above, then you will land on jee website main page. Here, you will have to click link with text that says “Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2020 Result”. Now you reach the login for JEE Main 2020 result.
Step 3: The first thing you enter is the roll number.
Step 4: Then you enter date of birth. Click the submit button then.
JEE Main 2020 Result in form of score and rank now appears on screen. Check result and print it.
NTA does not send score card or rank card by post. Hence all candidates must download it on time.
How to check JEE Main 2020 Result if I forget my roll number?
If you have forgotten your roll number, then these are the ways to get it.
- You can find roll number on top of admit card.
- Otherwise, check confirmation email that you received at time of registration.
- If both are unavailable then use forgot application number login at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
JEE Main 2020 result: Details Mentioned In Score / Rank Card
When you log in to see result (score card / rank card), you see following details.
- Roll number
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- Sub category
- State code of eligibility
- Physics marks obtained in paper 1
- Chemistry marks obtained in paper 1
- Mathematics marks obtained in paper 1
- All India Rank
- Category rank
- Cut off score for appearing in JEE Advanced 2020
What happens after JEE Main 2020 Result is announced?
NTA is only responsible for conduct of exam. Therefore after result, following things happen.
- NTA sends result data to seat allocation boards.
- Seat allocation board or concerned state governments, institutes accept JEE Main result 2020 data for the purpose of seat allotment and counselling.
NTA do not handle counselling process, seat allotment, or get any input on seats.
JEE Main 2020 Result of the following candidates will not be announced.
- If candidate had provided incorrect information, and appeared in more than one slot.
- If candidate actually studied less than five subjects in qualifying exam / class 12th, but furnished incorrect data to appear in exam, then also his/her candidature will be cancelled.
How is JEE Main 2020 Result Evaluated?
NTA releases official JEE Main Answer Key. Candidates can login at jeemain.nta.nic.in to check answer key of JEE Main 2020, recorded answers of computer based test. Candidates can also submit challenges to official answer key. Based on challenges received, the NTA shall decide upon final answer keys. NTA will calculate JEE Main 2020 score and rank on basis of final answer keys only.
Important note to candidates for after result of JEE Main 2020
Candidates should check and ensure their eligibility for JEE Advanced 2020. They should also check eligibility criteria for admission to various colleges. It is important to note that being eligible for JEE and getting JEE Main 2020 All India Rank does not automatically entitle you to be eligible for admission.
What is the process that is to be followed for admission after JEE Main 2020 result?
- Candidates need to register for counselling process.
- Once registered, they will get the option to choose colleges and branches. Choice filling will be an online process.
- Seat allocation board / state counselling authorities / institutes will offer admission on basis of choices exercised by candidates and their JEE Main 2020 All India Rank.
- Those who get a seat need to attend document verification. Its purpose is to check identity, age, qualifying exam, state of eligibility, category.
- Candidates need to show original documents.
- Then, candidates who are offered a seat and are proved to be eligible for it as per verification, need to pay admission fee to secure admission.