Engineering is one of the sought-after disciplines in India, offering lucrative opportunities to the aspiring candidates. Due to increased competition in IT industry, students want to secure their future by taking admission into top colleges of engineering. JEE Main 2020 is counted amongst the most popular and one of the toughest entrance examinations in the country for pursuing engineering disciple from IITs, NITs, IITs and other reputed colleges. The motive of JEE Mains 2020 is to access candidate’s skills and command over core subjects like mathematics, chemistry and physics. JEE main exams are held once in a year, candidates who have scored more than 75% in 10+2 are eligible for the exam.
JEE Mains 2020 Date: It is expected that CBSE will conduct Joint Entrance Examination Mains 2020 on 5th April 2020 in pen and paper mode. Online exam may be conducted in 2nd week / 3rd week of April 2020 in multiple sessions based on number of applicants.
JEE Main 2020
The best thing about JEE 2020 Main is it offers two options to the candidates, online method and pen & paper-based method. Students can easily give test online, that will expand their comfort zone and they can smoothly complete the exam.
As you are gearing for JEE 2020 exams, you might need to know some specific details about the examinations. Here we present you all important details of JEE Main 2020 examination.
JEE Main 2020 Overview
|1||Name of Exam:||Joint Entrance Examination (Main)|
|2||Organised by:||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|5||Courses Offered :||B.Tech / B.Arch|
|6||Number of Seats Offered:||30,000 approx|
|7||Duration of Course:||B.tech: 4 years|
B.Arch: 5 years
|8||Exam Duration:||3 hours|
|9||Mode of Examination:||Offline / Online|
|10||Types of Question:||Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response|
|12||Number of Questions:||90|
As an aspirant of JEE main test, you are likely to give plenty of tests, that will help you build a frame of mind for JEE Mains 2020. Your approach to attending questions should be well organised. You can take help from specific test series that will help you attain good marks in JEE Main 2020. Just keep in mine “winners don’t do different things, they do things differently”
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
There are three major subjects in JEE Main, the JEE Main 2020 Syllabus covers class 11 and class 12 course of these subjects
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus for Maths
- Quadratic equations and expressions
- Complex numbers
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Circles and Family of Circles
- Sequence and Series
- Hyperbola in coordinate geometry
- Functions, Limit
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus for Chemistry
- Chemical equilibrium in physical chemistry
- Carbonyl Compounds & their derivatives
- Coordination chemistry
- Chemical bonding
- Mole concept & the concept of equivalents,
- Redox reactions
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus for Physics
- Dimensional Analysis
- Gravitation & Electrostatics
- Current Electricity & Heat Transfer
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Waves & Sound
- Geometrical Optics
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Rotational Dynamics
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern
JEE 2020 provides candidates an opportunity to choose the desired mode for giving the exam-offline and online. However paper -2 ( B arch/B.planning) is only conducted offline and paper-based modes. A candidate may choose either offline or online mode for paper-1 (B.E/B.tech)
- Duration: 3 Hours
- The question paper consists of 90 minutes
- The three parts in question paper A, B, C consists of physics, chemistry and mathematics carrying 30 questions in each
- JEE main paper 1- Physics, mathematics and chemistry
- JEE main paper 2- Mathematics, aptitude test, drawing test
JEE Main 2020 Preparation
Jee main is one of the toughest exams to crack. If you are going set in upcoming JEE main, you may require some simple and effective tips for scoring high in the examinations. Here are the few tricks that might help you doing good in JEE Main.
Best book to buy for JEE Main
Make sure you are buying only the latest editions of JEE main preparations. Check if the book has revised edition that ensures that it is more concurrent and includes solved papers and practice questions. Do not buy too many books at a time: it is advisable to read one book and carry on searching for the good books. Don’t forget to read author’s note before you purchase the book. It will tell a lot of author’s expertise and interest areas, hence, will help you choose an ideal book for jeemain.
- Physics- Concepts of physics by H.C Verma-volume 1 and volume 2
- Complete physics for JEE main ( publish revised edition every year)
- Chemistry- NCERT books (for theory)
- IIT chemistry by OP Tandon
- Complete Chemistry for JEE Main by NCERT (buy revised edition)
- Mathematics: IIT mathematics by R.D Sharma
- The person guide to complete mathematics for JEE by SL Loney
Maintain a daily schedule: planning a daily routine for preparation also helps candidates. You make a list of topics you like to cover first and divide them according to the schedule. Do not leave things for the last minute and try to give priority to mathematics –solve problems every day.
Clear basic concepts: devote time to getting clarity of complex and basic concepts. It will help you solve the problem the and you can save a lot of time. Once your concepts are clear, there is no need to worry as you will realise where you are going wrong or need to fix something.
Weightage of each topic: The jee mains 2020 exam is consists of three subjects, so it is crucial that you know the weightage of topics of each subject. You can check out previous year exam pattern to know the weight each topic holds
Don’t take unnecessary burden or stress– we all know that JEE 2020 is tough to crack but necessary stress will only distance you from your goal. Take care of your health and seek advice from counsellors or parents who can provide you emotional support during these times.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form – How to apply?
This is a proper guideline which candidates have to bear in mind while filling application form for JEE Mains 2020.
- Candidates are advised to apply online as printed applications are not available.
- Make sure you are filling an authentic JEE Main 2020 Application Form that is available on the official website.
- Please read the details of JEE Main Application Form 2020 properly before you set out to fill the application form. And Make sure you are eligible
- The candidate must have a valid email ID and mobile number to complete the JEE Main 2020 Registration process
- Candidates are advised to choose a complex password for account security
- Candidates have to upload scanned images of identification documents –passport size photo, digital signature and left thumb must be genuine and matched with given documents
- After candidates paid the fees, get a print out of JEE Mains 2020 Application Form for future reference.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Number of attempts: Limited to three
Age Limit: Candidates who are born after 1994 October are eligible for the entrance exam. However, in case SC, ST, a person with disabilities, five years are extended.
Educational Qualification: Only those candidates can apply for JEE 2020 who has passed 10+2 with good scores or appearing in class 12.
Subjects: Candidates must have studied at least five subjects in class 12th or other equivalent exams. Your application will be rejected if you have taken less than five subjects in higher secondary