JEE Main April 2019 – National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting the JEE Main 2019 Exam in online mode twice a year. The second attempt of the JEE main 2019 Exam is in the month of April. The second attempt is scheduled during the period of April 06-20, 2019. Registration is starting from February 08, 2019. The paper 1 of JEE Main April 2019 is for B.E/B.Tech admission and Paper 2 is for B.Arch/B.Plan admission. NTA will compile the final AIR based on the best scores of the candidates out of both the attempts. Read below all the details related to JEE Main April 2019 like exam dates, application form, syllabus, exam pattern, preparations, books, answer keys, result, and counselling.
JEE Main April 2019
JEE Main 2019 April exam is like a second attempt for the candidates who have already appeared in the first attempt in January. Also, the candidates who were unable to appear in the January exam due to any reason can register for JEE Main 2019 April exam. For the January attempt, 9,41,117 had registered.
JEE Main April 2019 Dates
The important thing to note is if you have registered for JEE Main January 2019, and you want to appear in JEE Main April 2019 too, you have to register and fill the application form again as a fresh candidate. The NTA has finally confirmed the dates for the April session of JEE Main 2019, candidates can have a look from below.
|JEE Main 2019 April||Important Dates|
|Application Form will be available from||08 Feb 2019|
|Last Date To Submit Your Applications||07 Mar 2019|
|Dates of Examination||Between 6 – 20 Apr 2019
(Exact dates to be notified later)
|Last Date of Submission of Application Fee||08 Feb 2019 to 08 Mar 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||To be announced|
|Release of Answer Key||To be announced|
|Declaration of Result||30 Apr 2019|
JEE Main April 2019 Attempt Limits and Eligibility
- Attempt Limit: Now, the biggest question that is among the students is that, “If this is my third attempt then will be able to appear in both January and April Exam?”
YES! You can!
However, the candidate can appear for JEE Main exam a total of 03 consecutive times.
- Age Limit – There is no age limit as long as you are suiting the below-mentioned criteria.
- Year Of passing class 12 – The candidates who have passed 10+2 examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE Main 2019 exam.
- Educational Qualification – The candidate should have passed Class 12th or its equivalent examination from any recognized board. Also, the applicant should have studied at least five subjects in class 12th/qualifying examination in order to be eligible for JEE Main 2019.
JEE Main April 2019 Application Form
Even if you have appeared in the January examination, you have to register again for the April examination. Thus, as per the schedule mentioned above on this page, the application form for JEE Main April 2019 will be available at nta.ac.in. Candidates have to register all over again.
The Aadhar card is not mandatory to register for JEE Main 2019 exam. The brief steps to apply online are as follows:
- Fill the authentication form by filling the details like the state of eligibility, Identification type, identification number, name, date of birth, and gender.
- Next, fille the application form using Personal Details, Academic Details, Contact Details, and Guardian Details.
- In the next step upload the scanned images of recent passport-sized photo and your signature.
- Lastly make the fee payment online via net banking, credit/debit card.
JEE Main April 2019 Examination/Application Fee
The application fee payment can only be made through any of the online modes (debit card or credit card or net banking) up to 11.50 p.m. on the last day of submitting the application form. The application for JEE Main 2019 April exam remain the same as the January exam:
|Applying For||UR and OBC||PwD, SC, ST, and Girls|
|If Opting for Exam Center in India|
|JEE Main Paper 1 or Paper 2||
||Rs. 250 (Girls & Boys)|
|Both JEE Main Paper 1 and 2||
||Rs. 450 (Girls & Boys)|
|If Opting for Exam Center Outside India|
|JEE Main Paper 1 or Paper 2||
||Rs. 1000 (Girls & Boys)|
|Both JEE Main Paper 1 and 2||
||Rs. 1500 (Girls & Boys)|
JEE Main April 2019 Exam Pattern
Since NTA will not be changing the exam pattern, the pattern will remain the same. Except that the candidates have to a appear for the exam in online mode only.
- Mode of Examination: Online (Computer Based Test).
- Duration of the exam: 03 hours.
- Type of Questions: Objective Type / MCQ questions.
- The medium of Question Papers: The candidates will be given a choice in the medium of the question papers. The medium of examination in all test centers will be in English and Hindi Medium. However, for Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli, the questions will be available in English, Hindi, and Gujarati. Therefore, the candidates need to opt for the medium of question paper at the time of filling the application form.
|Paper 1 – For BE/B.Tech|
|Subject||Number of questions||Max Marks|
|Paper 2 – For B.Arch/B.Plan|
|Subject||Number of questions||Max Marks|
*In the January exam, there was a change, in paper 2 instead of 2 drawing questions 3 drawing questions were asked.
- For every correct answer, 04 marks will be given.
- Also, there shall be a negative marking of 01 marks for every incorrect answer.
- No marks will be deducted or awarded in case if the question is left unanswered.
JEE Main April 2019 Preparation
Well, there will be two types of candidates in JEE Main April 2019 Exam. Lets us categorize them into Type A and Type B.
Type A: Candidates who did not appear in JEE Main January 2019, and will be appearing in JEE Main April 2019
What might trouble you? Well, if you fall into this category then nothing much will change in your preparation. It is just that you will be facing the examination for the first time in 2019 after NTA has taken up its conduction.
What can you do to be prepared? Although the above case is valid, it can be nullified. How? Well, you will have the question papers from the January examination. Thus, you will be aware how much NTA has brought changes in the level of questions. Therefore collect the question paper from the January exam to work out the difficulty level in these 3 months. Also, you might want to have a look at the analysis of JEE Main 2019 Jan exam to get an overview of how the exam was conducted. Check the resources below:
Type B: Candidates who are appearing in both the exam – January, and April
Only Advantages for you!! There is no harm in testing your self twice, you just get better. JEE Main April 2019 will be like a second chance for you if have already appeared in the January exam. Thus, you have the chance to score even better. Thus, we would just like to wish you all the best!
Thus, remember if you are appearing once or even twice, doesn’t matter. Your preparation should go on as usual – complete NCERT textbooks and first and then apply the concepts by solving questions from the reference books.
JEE Main April 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus again remains the same for the candidates who will appear in JEE Main April 2019. Get below the topics you need to cover for the examination.
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical Inductions
- Sequences and Series
- Binomial Theorem and its simple applications
- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equation
- Co-ordination Geometry
- Three dimension Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Physics and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Rotational Motion
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Some basic concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions and Elthe ectrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Principles and processes of isolation of metals
- s-block elements
- p-block elements
- d and f- block elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Purification and characterization of Organic compound
- Some basic principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic compounds containing Halogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
JEE Main April 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for JEE Main April 2019 will be available to those who will complete the online application process without any errors. The Admit card will contain all the important details like venue, time and date of the examination, JEE Main April 2019 Roll Number, photograph and other important instructions. Thus, the candidates will have to log in and download their admit card from nta.ac.in. This important document is to be carried to the exam centre along with a valid photo id proof.
Note that school IDs are not considered as valid Id proof in JEE Main. Many candidates had to face trouble in the Jan exam, as they carried their school IDs as a valid Id proof.
JEE Main 2019 Question Paper And Response Sheet
2-3 days after the exam is over, NTA will upload the question paper with the candidate’s response under the login. The response sheet and question paper will have the following details:
- Application number
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll number
- Test date and time
- Question Ids
- Option Ids
- Correct Options
JEE Main April 2019 Answer Key
After the JEE Main 2019 Apil exam is over, the answer key will be made available approximately 3 days after the exam. Per se, the JEE Main 2019 first exam in Jan was over on January 12, 2019, and the answer key was uploaded on January 15, 2019. Thus, candidates can expect the official answer key release date for the April exam likewise. The answer keys are not released in PDF format, NTA will release the answer key in a different manner. Know how to check the answer key?
However, there will be memory based answer keys and question papers releasing on the same day as the exam get over. Career point and Resonance are some of the active coaching centres that release the memory based answer keys and question paper after the examination.
JEE Main April 2019 Result
After the examinations, candidates will get the scores of JEE Main 2019 April exam. Now, this will be only the score of the April examination. If you have appeared in both January and April exam, your best score will be used for AIR. If you have appeared only in the April exam, this will be the only score based on which you will be placed in the All India Rank (AIR) List. To check the JEE Main April 2019 Result, candidates have to visit nta.ac.in and log in to their registered account and check their scores.
This time the candidates will get the Percentile score (NTA score) section-wise and overall on their JEE Main 2019 Scorecard. Also, the AIR will be based on the overall NTA score or the overall percentile score.
FAQs On JEE Main 2019
Now that National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced the dates and confirmed that JEE Main will be held twice a year and in online mode only, here are few frequent questions that we have been receiving. If you don’t see your doubts answered here, feel free to ask us in the comments below:
Q1: What is the advantage of twice a year exam?
A: There are many. Here we are listing a few of them:
- You will have two chances to perform.
- You can appear in either exam if you are unable to appear in any one of them.
- Also, if you feel you couldn’t do better on the first exam, you can learn from your mistakes and do well in the second one.
Q2: How will NTA Calculate the Result, given that there will be 8 sittings in both January and April Exam?
A: For the 8 sittings, NTA will use a standardized method to calculate the scores. This will eliminate any irregularity in difficulty level that may be existing in all the 8 sittings. Now, only one AIR will be published after both the exams. Candidates will be ranked on the basis of their best scores out the two exams.
Q3: Does the criteria of 75% marks in boards still valid?
A: Yes, it is still valid.
Q4: If the examinations are in online mode only, how will we attend the drawing questions in Paper 2?
A: Do not worry, like NATA, NTA might provide sheets to attempt the drawing questions.
Q5: I am giving JEE for the third time. So I wanted to know that, can I appear in both January and April exam? Or if I give January exam it will be counted as my third attempt?
A: See, logically speaking, you must be able to give both the exams. As the score of one will be used for AIR and admission, it seems that both the attempts will be counted as one and not two. But we think we should wait for the detailed information brochure.
Q6: Can anyone who is going to give improvement for class 12 in 2019 can give jee mains in January as well as in April 2019?
A: Yes, they can!
Official Website of JEE main April 2019: www.nta.ac.in