JKCET 2019 Result will let the applicants know the qualifying status of the JKCET 2019 Examination. A merit list might be released stating the name of candidates who are eligible for counselling to be held after the result declaration. It is expected that J&K BOPEE will announce the result in the month of May 2019. To check the result, a candidate can click on the link provided below the table on this page. Board may also release the result in two daily newspapers. To know the details of how to check JKCET 2019 Result, merit list and other important information, refer to the article written below.
JKCET 2019 Result
Candidates who want to get an idea of the marks they may score in the exam before the declaration of JKCET Result 2019 can match their responses with the answer key that is released by the evening of the date of examination or at 12 noon on next day. To know the result date of JKCET 2019, see the table provided below:
|J&K CET 2019 Result||Important Dates|
|J&K CET 2019 Exam date is|
|J&K CET 2019 Result is Declared in||By or before 22 May 2019|
|J&K CET 2019 Counseling is Held in||2nd week of Aug 2019|
Result: JKCET 2019 Result will be Available at www.jkbopee.gov.in
How to Check JKCET 2019 Result?
If you have appeared for the exam on the date decided by the Board, you will be able to check the result by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click on the direct link provided below the table. You will be redirected to the official page where the result could be checked.
Step 2: Here you are required to enter the year of examination from the drop-down menu and click on ‘View’.
Step 3: Now you can download the result and check your status.
Step 4: It is advised to take a print out of your result for future reference.
Note: The Board may also release the result in two local dailies stating the name/ application number.
JKCET 2019 Cut-Off
On the basis of the number of candidates appeared for the exam and also according to the difficulty level, the cut-off will be prepared. The candidates will need to qualify the minimum cut-off to get the place in the merit list. The cut-off will be prepared by the different colleges. The cut-off will be prepared category wise for the candidates. If there will be some vacant seats then the cut-off might get reduced, if the Board will allow so.
JKCET 2019 Merit List
The Board is going to announce JKCET 2019 Result in the form of merit list for counselling and seat allotment. It is going to be prepared on the basis of marks scored by the applicants in the entrance examination. In case, the entrance examination is not conducted, merit list is going to be prepared on the basis of aggregate marks scored by the applicant in the qualifying exam, i.e., class 12th.
The merit list of JKCET 2019 is going to be prepared in order of inter-se merit. The rank of a candidate will be displayed in the descending order for both open merit category and reserved category in separate merit lists.
Inter-se-merit in a reserved category is going to be considered for seat allotment in Government Engineering colleges. In case number of candidates in the reserved category are less than the available seats, vacant seats will be filled by the open merit category.
How is Merit Decided in-case of Tie ( Two or More Candidates Scoring Equal Marks)
If two or more applicants who have appeared for the exam obtain equal marks then the following procedure is followed to decide the rank in inter-se-merit:
- First of all, candidate scoring higher marks in Mathematics is considered. If this doesn’t work then
- Marks obtained by the applicant in Physics are considered to decide the rank
- Marks obtained in Chemistry are taken into account if marks in Physics are also the same
- If marks in all the three subjects are same, candidate older in age is preferred over other.
JKCET 2019 Counselling Process
The students whose name will appear on the JKCET 2019 Merit List, will have to fill the online preference form and appear in person for the counselling rounds. Before appearing in the counselling rounds the candidates will have to pay counselling amount and fill the preference form. The counselling fees will be Rs. 1200/-.
The JKCET 2019 Preference Form:
- The Online Preference Form enables a candidate to fill in the preferences for various disciplines/institutions for allotment of a seat for admission in B.E/B.Tech. Engineering Courses in the Govt. and Private Engineering Colleges of the state.
- Candidates will initially be required to enter the requisite/mandatory details for registration and obtaining the password for subsequent logging into the website.
- During the online filling up of Preference Form, the candidates will get all the details of the disciplines available in the participating institutions.
- Candidate should select his/her most preferred preference first along with the College of preference followed by second, third, fourth and so on for the said course. This preference shall be available to all the preferences/ colleges are exhausted by the candidate.
- Candidates who have submitted the form online shall, however, be required to download/print at least one copy of the Preference Form for retention by the
- The candidates will have to lock all the preferences and choices before the last date of the online counselling.
The subsequent rounds of the counselling process will be conducted as per the availability of the seats in the courses and institutions.