KEAM 2019 – The Rank List for KEAM was released on June 10, 2019. Now the KEAM 2019 Third Allotment Result has also been released now. Candidates need to check the same using the KEAM 2019 Candidate Portal. The entrance exam was held on May 02 and 03, 2019. All the candidates who appeared for KEAM 2019 can check the KEAM Results released by CEE on their official web portal. Direct link to check the KEAM 2019 Result and Score through KEAM 2019 Login has been provided here. For more details regarding KEAM 2019 like eligibility, application process, exam pattern, syllabus, etc keep reading below.
The KEAM 2019 Exam has 2 papers – Paper 1 and 2. Paper 1 is Physics and Chemistry and Paper 2 is Mathematics. The important dates of KEAM 2019 are as follows:
|KEAM 2019 Online Application Form starts||03 Feb 2019|
|Last date for Submission of application form along with the fees|
|Application form correction window||04 Mar – 07 Mar 2019 (5 PM)|
|Last date for receipt Online Application along with supporting documents||31 Mar 2019|
|Admit Card will be available from|
|Paper 1 (Physics and Chemistry) exam date|
|Paper 2 (Mathematics) exam date|
|Release of Official Answer Key||04 May 2019|
|Declaration of Result||21 May 2019|
|Submission of Plus two Marks||22 May – 28 May 2019|
|Declaration of KEAM 2019 Rank List||10 Jun 2019|
|Opening of the website facility for online option registration||13 Jun – 19 Jun 2019|
|Trial Allotment||17 Jun 2019|
|First Phase Allotment Publication||20 Jun 2019|
|Remittance of fee for the Allotted candidates||21 Jun – 26 Jun 2019|
|Opening of the website facility for online option registration||29 Jun – 06 Jul 2019|
|Publication of Second Phase Allotment Result||07 Jul 2019|
|Remittance of fee for the Allotted candidates||08 Jul – 12 Jul 2019 (3:00 PM)|
|Submission of List of Admitted candidates through OAMS by the college authorities||08 Jul – 12 Jul 2019 (4:00 PM)|
There will be the following process that has to be followed by the candidates who will make it to the KEAM 2019 rank list:
- KEAM 2019 option Submission: All the aspirants whose names will be mentioned in the rank list will have to register the options for choosing the streams. Options can be registered online from the official website. Aspirants should have particulars such as Roll Number, Application Number and Password of KEAM 2019 in order to register options.
- KEAM 2019 Seat Allotment: After the submission of options is over, the seats allotted under various engineering courses will be released on the official website. Candidates are advised to take the print out of the allotment memo that will show the college to which the candidate is allotted and the fee to be remitted for the course allotted. The prescribed fee for the Course will have to be remitted by the candidate to the Account of the CEE in specified branches of State Bank of India (SBI). Candidates who do not take admission will lose their allotment & the options once lost will not be available in the subsequent phases. Aspirants who are having who are willing to participate in the second allotment will have to log in to his/her Option Registration Page and confirm their options by clicking the ‘Confirm’ button available in his/her Option Registration Page.
- KEAM 2019 Spot Allotment: Spot allotment is used for filling up the remaining vacant seats. It may be conducted after the completion of the Centralised allotment process. A qualified candidate whose name is included in the rank lists is only entitled to attend the Spot allotment/admission Process.
- KEAM 2019 Final Selection: Candidates who will get the allotment or will be finally selected will have to report before the Principal/Head of the Institution concerned for admission with the following documents:
- Admit Card (if applicable)
- Certificate to prove date of birth
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last attended and Conduct Certificate
- Original mark list of the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary or equivalent) and the Pass certificate of the qualifying examination (if issued)
- Eligibility certificate
- Migration Certificate, if applicable
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Receipt of fee remitted
- Datasheet of KEAM 2019
- Allotment Memo issued by the CEE
- Any other documents required by the Head of Institution
- Click Here to check the KEAM 2019 Third Phase Allotment Result.
- Notice for Third Phase Allotment has been published. Check notice in Malayalam | English.
- Revised counselling notice for Second Allotment has been released. Check notice in Malayalam | English
- Click Here to check Press Release regarding publish of First Allotment.
- Click Here for option registration for Allotment.
- Counselling notice for First Allotment has been released. Check notice in Malayalam | English
Reservation Notice for Community / Registered Trust Quota
KEAM 2019 Notice Regarding Dependant of Co-operative society /bank/ institutions
KEAM 2019 Cut Offs
KEAM 2019 cutoff refers to the minimum marks that a candidate must score to get admission through KEAM Score. More marks than the specified last ranks are required by the candidate. This increased the chances of getting admission through the KEAM Score. The Cutoff varies with various factors, such as the institutes, courses, and categories, etc. Candidates can check the first phase allotment cutoff from the below frame:
- Click Here to check the KEAM 2019 Phase 1 cutoff.
- Click Here to open the above Consolidated Cut Off list in a new window.
KEAM 2019 Result
KEAM 2019 Result has been now released on the KEAM Candidate Login 2019. A separate rank list will also be prepared. Rank list will be based on equal weightage of 50:50 for the score obtained in KEAM 2019 (Paper I & Paper II put together), and the grade/marks obtained in the final year of the qualifying examination for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
Resolution of Tie
In case of a tie, Candidate with higher marks in Mathematics in KEAM 2019 will be placed higher in the ranking. If the tie still exists then KEAM 2019 Result may be resolved in the following stages:
- Candidate with higher marks in Physics.
- A candidate with higher standardized marks in Mathematics of the final year of the qualifying examination.
- Candidate with higher standardized marks in Physics of the final year of the qualifying examination
- If there is still a tie, the older candidate will be placed higher in the ranking.
KEAM 2019 Answer Key
Answer keys for both the papers has been released by CEE. It helps the candidates to estimate their score before the actual declaration of the result. If any candidate has any objection regarding the answer keys, the same should be submitted to the CEE in writing along with supporting documents and a fee of Rs.100 per question through DD in favour of CEE, payable at Thiruvananthapuram. This process ahould be done within 5 days from the date of release of the answer keys. If the objections is found to be valid and genuine, then the fees will be refunded. All complaints and objections on Answer keys received will be subjected to expert committees and their recommendations will be final.
|KEAM 2019||Answer Key|
|KEAM 2019 Physics and Chemistry Answer Key||Click Here|
|KEAM 2019 Mathematics Answer Key||Click Here|
KEAM 2019 Prospectus
the CEE Kerela has released the KEAM 2019 Prospectus on February 03, 2019. The prospectus is the guide to all the admission process that the candidates have to follow. The candidates need to check the information brochure before applying for the exam. The prospectus contains all the important dates regarding the exam and also the syllabus for the exam.
Get the KEAM 2019 prospectus – Click Here.
KEAM 2019 Application Form
Only online mode for applying in KEAM 2019 is available. Candidates are advised to check their eligibility criteria first and read the prospectus properly before applying. It is expected that the online application form submission will be possible until the last week of February 2019.
- For the general aspirants, the application fees are Rs. 700/-.
- For SC aspirants, the fees are Rs. 300/-.
- ST candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Candidates choosing ‘Dubai’ as Examination Centre will have to remit an additional fee of Rs.12,000/-
Payment mode: The fee may be paid by credit card/debit card/Internet Banking/e-challan.
Steps for Filling Online Application Form
Basically, there are 6 steps for filling the application form:
- Candidate’s registration
- Upload the images
- Application filling
- Application fee payment
- Print the application for reference and future use.
There will be no correction window available after the KEAM 2019 application form is once submitted.
Documents to be submitted online with the filled-in Application:
- Proof for Nativity.
- Self Attested copy of SSLC or equivalent certificate.
- Course Certificate in original duly filled in with signature and seal of the Head of the Institution in which the candidate is studying or Self Attested copy of the final year mark list of the qualifying examination.
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in the prescribed format.
- Community Certificate in the case of SC/ST candidates.
- Original certificates as proof in support of any claim for special reservation.
- Inter-Caste marriage certificate if applicable.
- Self-attested copy of Medical certificate from the District Medical Board in the case of ‘Persons with disabilities’.
KEAM 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Only Indian citizens are eligible. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) will also be treated at par with Indian citizens for the limited purpose of admission but these candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation. Also, the aspirants seeking admission will be categorized as Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I (NK I) and Non-Keralite Category II (NK II).
- Keralites: A candidate of Kerala origin and Children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala cadre are deemed to be ‘Keralites’. However, they will not be eligible for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
- Non-Keralite Category I (NK I): Any one of the below-mentioned conditions must be fulfilled so that the candidate will be categorized as ‘Non-Keralite Category I (NK I):
- Candidate who has undergone the qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents belong to Government of India/Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
- A candidate who has undergone the qualifying course in Kerala and who is son/daughter of Non-Keralite parents who are serving/served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years.
- A candidate who is not of Kerala Origin but has been a resident of Kerala State for a period of 5(five) years within the period of 12(twelve) years of his/her study.
- Candidate who is not of Kerala Origin but who has undergone his/her school studies in Kerala from standard VIII to XII.
Non-Keralite Category I candidates will be considered against ‘State Merit’ seats for Engineering. However, they will not be eligible for Communal/ Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
- Non-Keralite Category II (NK II)
- Candidates who do not fall under ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non-Keralite Category I’ will be categorized as ‘Non-Keralite Category II. Such candidates are eligible for admission to Government seats and Management quota seats in Engineering courses in Government Controlled Self financing Colleges. However, they are considered for admission only when the Keralite and Non-Keralite I (NK I) candidates are not available for admission.
- But they will not be eligible for Communal/ Special/ Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
- They are eligible for admission to a maximum of 10% seats under Management Quota in Private Self Financing Pharmacy colleges subject to fulfilling the eligibility conditions.
- All the aspirants who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 50 % marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for admission.
- In the case of 45% marks, they are eligible for admission under Management Quota in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges/Government Controlled Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
Aspirants should have completed 17 years of age as on December 31, 2019. No relaxation in the minimum age will be allowed. There is no upper age limit for candidates applying for Engineering courses.
CEE has released the KEAM 2019 exam date and time. Candidates have to appear in the exam as per the schedule below. There will be 2 papers in 2 different days. details can be seen in the table below:
|Subject||KEAM 2019 exam date||Timings of the test|
|Paper I (Physics and Chemistry)||02 May 2019||10:00 AM – 12:30 PM|
|Paper II (Mathematics)||03 May 2019||10:00 AM – 12:30 PM|
The exam day schedule is as follows:
- 9.30 AM: Entry to the Examination Hall
- 9.55 AM: Distribution of Question Booklet
- 10.00 AM: The opening of the Question Booklet and Commencement of Examination
- 10.30 AM: The latest entry to the Examination Hall
- 12.30 PM: The conclusion of Examination:
KEAM 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for KEAM 2019 is as follows:
- The relative weightage of subjects will be 5:3:2 in Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry respectively.
- 2 papers will be conducted namely paper I for Physics and Chemistry and paper II for Maths.
- The candidate has to appear in both papers for being considered in the Engineering rank list.
- The question paper will be based on MCQ type questions where 5 options will be available for each question. You have to mark a single response.
- Both the papers will contain 120 questions which are to be answered in 150 minutes.
- 4 marks will be given for each correct answer.
- For each wrong response, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score.
- The standard KEAM 2019 will be that of Higher Secondary or equivalent examinations.
|Paper||Subject||Number of questions||Max Marks|
|Paper I||Physics and Chemistry||120||480|
How To Prepare For KEAM 2019?
To crack competitive exams, you need to follow a strategy and plan. Plan before preparation is the key to success. Some tips to score well in KEAM 2019 is as follows:
- You need to be updated with the changes (if any) regarding the exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
- Make short notes of the important formula and all the small things that you come across so that your revision time becomes easy.
- Appear for lots of mock tests and solve as many sample papers and previous years papers as possible to know the level of difficulty. This will also help to analyze yourself that where you stand and consequently, you can work on your weaker sections.
- Use the clock at home for solving the questions so that you can manage your time properly during the exams.
The syllabus for Maths, Physics, and Chemistry for KEAM 2019 is mentioned below:
|Algebra||Introduction and measurement||Basic concepts and atomic structure|
|Trigonometry||Description of motion in one dimension||Bonding and molecular structure|
|Geometry||Description of motion in two & three dimension||States of matter|
|Statistics||Laws of motion||Periodic properties of elements and hydrogen|
|Calculus||Work, energy, and power||s-block elements and principles of metallurgy|
|–||Motion of system of particles & rigid body rotation||p, d, f block elements|
|–||Mechanics of solids and fluids||Chemical equilibrium|
|–||Heat and thermodynamics||Solutions|
|–||Oscillations and waves||Redox reactions and electrochemistry|
|–||Current electricity||Surface chemistry|
|–||Magnetic effect of current and magnetism||Co-ordination compounds and organometallics|
|–||Electromagnetics induction and alternating current||Basic principles, purification and characterization of organic compounds|
|–||Optics||Organic reaction mechanism|
|–||Dual nature of matter and radiation||Stereochemistry|
|–||Atomic nucleus||Organic compounds with functional groups containing halogens, oxygen, and nitrogen|
|–||Solids and semiconductor devices||Polymers and biomolecules|
|–||Principles of communication||Environmental chemistry & chemistry in everyday life|
KEAM 2019 Admit Card
The Admit Card for KEAM 2019 can be downloaded from the official website. The Admit card for KEAM 2019 is available on the Candidate Login. Candidates can access the KEAM 2019 Login by entering their Application number and DOB provided on the official website. Check the details mentioned in the admit card and keep the print out of admit card/hall ticket with you for future uses. Admit cards will not be sent by post. On the examination day, bring your admit card without any fail. If your application form gets rejected, then rejection memo will be issued to you. But for the defective application, no memos will be sent to you.
As per the latest notice available, it has been declared that the KEAM 2019 exam will be held in 14 districts of Kerala and Mumbai. the other test centres will be in the state of New Delhi and abroad in Dubai.
Last year the exam was conducted in the following cities:
- New Delhi
There are multiple courses offered in the engineering section. They are listed below:
- Bachelor of Technology (including all the courses)
- B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Food Engineering & Technology)
- B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)
- B.Tech. (Food Technology)
Official website: www.cee-kerala.org