KEE 2020 – Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences will be conducting Karunya Entrance Examination (KEE) 2020 for admisssion to B.Tech, B.Sc, Agriculture (Hons) programmes. Aspirants seeking admission under the engineering courses need to apply and appear for KEE 2020. Those who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are eligible to apply for B.Tech courses. Candidates can submit his/her application online at the official website (karunya.edu). Scroll down to read more about KEE 2020 incluidng official notification, application, eligibility, exam pattern and syllabus.
Appearance in KEE 2020 is mandatory for those seeking admission in B.Tech programmes. Admisisons are purely based on merit and performance in KEE 2020. Candidates aspiring to appear in KEE 2020 must know the important dates and events for KEE 2020.
Schedule for KEE 2020
|Events||Important Dates (Expected)|
|Online application release||1st week of Nov 2019|
|Last date to submit online application for (B.Tech)||3rd week of Apr 2020|
|Admit card release||4th week of Apr 2020|
|KEE 2020||Last week of Apr 2020|
|Publication of results||1st week of May 2020|
KEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Courses offered under B.Tech programme :
- Aero Space Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Robotics and Automation
Eligibility criteria for B.tech programme :
- A pass in 10+2 or equivalent examination with 55% marks aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics OR
- A pass in 10+2 vocational stream (with the subjects General Machinist, Electrical machines and Appliances, Electronic Equipments, Draughtsman Civil, Auto Mechanic, Textile Technology, etc.) with any one of the Engineering related subjects namely Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry with minimum average percentage put together 55%
KEE 2020 Application Form
Application form for KEE 2020 will be released online on the official website. Candidates need to register and then fill the form online. Applications are also available in offline mode in select places across India. The candidates can send their online application and secure admission in a course easily and transparently on Merit by following the steps mentioned below.
- Step 1 : Submit expression of interest (EOI)
- Step 2 : Register online and proceed to fill application form
- Step 3 : Upload documents
- Step 4 : Application fee payment
Application Fee : Candidates need to make a payment of online application fee o the basis of folloiwng details of Application fee :
|For Indian national||Rs 1000/-|
|For NRI & Foreign Nationals||USD 250|
Mode of application fee payment : Application fee can be paid through online mode / DD mode / electronic payment mode / cash payment mode.
KEE 2020 Exam Centers
As per the last year details, Karunya Entrance Examination – 2020 (KEE 2020) will be conducted in 53 places (listed below) across India.
|Coimbatore – Karunya|
KEE 2020 Syllabus
KEE 2020 will cover questions from the =2/HSc level subjects namely Mathematics/Biology , Physics and Chemistry, General Aptitude and General Ethics / Christian Value. Following is the syllabus for KEE 2020, as per the last year details.
|Applications of Matrices and Determinants||BOTANY|
|Complex Numbers||Cell Biology & Genetics|
|Analytical Geometry of two dimensions||Biotechnology|
|Vector Algebra||Plant physiology|
|Differential Calculus||Biology in human welfare|
|Integral Calculus and its Applications||ZOOLOGY|
|Differential Equations||Human physiology|
|–||Theories and evolution|
|Current Electricity||p, d and f – Block Elements|
|Effects of Electric Current||Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry|
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics|
|Electromagnetic Waves and Wave Optics||Electrochemistry|
|Atomic Physics||Isomerism in Organic Compounds|
|Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter – Relativity||Alcohols and Ethers|
|Nuclear physics||Carbonyl Compounds|
|Semiconductor Devices and their Applications||Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives|
|Communication Systems||Organic Nitrogen Compounds|
KEE 2020 Exam Pattern
Following is the exam pattern for KEE 2020 as per the last year details.
- Mode of examination : CBT
- Type of questions : objective types (MCQ)
- Total duration : 2 ½ hours
- Total no. of questions : 100
- Total marks : 100
- Marking scheme : There will be negative mark of 0.25 for every wrong answer
|Subjects||Duration||Marks||No. of ques|
|Part A: Mathematics / Biology||60 minutes||45||45|
|Part B: Physics||20 minutes||15||15|
|Part C: Chemistry||20 minutes||15||15|
|Part D: General Aptitude||30 minutes||15||15|
|Part E: General Ethics / Christian Values||20 minutes||10||10|
KEE 2020 Important Books
Books are a source of vast knowledge for candidates. Thus, choosing right books for preparation is a crucial aspect for any candidate. Following are some important books for KSEE 2020.
|Important books||Available at|
|Concepts of Physics||Buy here|
|Handbook of physics||Buy here|
|Chapter and topic wise solved papers Mathematics||Buy here|
|Problems in Physical chemistry||Buy here|
|Advanced problems in organic chemistry||Buy here|
|General Aptitude Theory and practice||Buy here|
KEE 2020 Preparation Tips
- Study syllabus : The first step is to go through KEE 2020 syllabus and see which are the topics that have been covered in the syllabus. After checking the topics, you can plan and study accordingly.
- Mock tests : Candidates are advised to take a few online mock tests. When you talk about preparation, studying is not the only thing that one should do. Candidates must keep taking mock test to improve their logical thinking and build up their confidence.
- Previous year question paper : Previous year question papers are one of the most important tools in KEE 2020 preparation. Keep solving and practicing sample questions papers.
- Time management : Prepare a time table and start managing your time and activities. It’s easy if you follow a proper timetable and know what chapters are important.
- Make notes : Keep a separate copy and note points and areas where you will have to improve. Revise and make sure you cover the essential points before sitting for the final exam.
- Subject wise preparation : The Subjects that you will need to cover are for B.Tech Programme are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology. Aspirants just need to develop the strong base of topics of the subject combination for a particular course to crack the examination.
KEE 2020 Admit Card
The Admit card/Hall ticket shall be available online on the official website only to those eligible candidates who submit their applications complete in all respects on or before the last date. Candidates can download KEE 2020 Admit card online from official website. E- Hall ticket once downloaded must be checked and carefully examined by the candidate to avoid any kind of discrepancy. Candidates must bring the SEE admit card with any on of their valid identity proof at the day of examination. The hall ticket with any one of the identity proof must be presented to the invigilator for verification. No candidate shall be allowed to appear in the examination without KEE 2020 admit card.
The E- Hall ticket is not transferable to any other person. Impersonation is a legally punishable offence. Admit card is an important document and must be preserved and produced at the time of admission process.
KEE 2020 Result
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences will be announcing the results of KEE 2020 in the month of May 2020. Once the result is out, candidates will know their chances of admission in the institute. On the basis of the marks in KEE 2020 and class 12 marks, a merit list will be published and candidates will be called for admission accordingly. Qualified candidates will have to attend the enrollment process with relevant documents of proof.
KEE 2020 Enrollment
After declaration of results, qualified and selected candidates who have paid full fees in advance using online payment facilities shall be eligible to be part of enrollment process. The following documents in original along with two set of photocopies are mandatory to submit at the time of enrollment.
- Provisional enrollment letter
- SSLC mark statement
- HSc / Pre degree/ Intermediate mark statement or equivalent
- Transfer and conduct certificates
- Community certificate
- Recent passport size photos
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card as address proof
- Income certificate
- Passport (Applicable for NRI/Foreign National)
KEE 2020 Scholarships
Scholarship details for B.Tech programmes provided by the Institute are provided below.
|Eligibility||Amount per year|
|Indian National (Rs)||NRI/ Foreign nationals (USD|
|95% in PCM / PCB||1,20,000/-||2,500|
|90% in PCM / PCB||60,000/-||2,000|
|80% in PCM / PCB||40,000/-||1,750|
|60% in PCM / PCB||40,000/-||1,500|
About Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences
Established in 1986 as an Engineering College, it was granted an autonomous status in 2000 and declared Deemed-to-be-University by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in recognition of its academic excellence by the Ministry of Human Resources Development under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956. Accredited by NAAC, the institution offers a wide array of Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral Degree programmes in various branches of Engineering, Biotechnology, Food processing and Agricultural Sciences. From a humble beginning of 180 students, the institution has rapidly grown to 8491 students and 452 faculties representing 18 academic departments.