KIIT Admission 2020 – Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT), Bhubaneshwar offers various Undergraduate and Post-Graduate courses. KIIT offers job opportunities to all its students. According to the institute, 2800+ jobs have been offered to the students in the year 2017. To take admission in KIIT, in any of the Undergraduate or Post- Graduate courses, candidates will have to appear in KIIT Entrance Examination (KIITEE) which is an All India Entrance Examination. It should be noted that the candidates who want to pursue M.Tech and have given GATE and have valid GATE Score, those candidates will be given consideration. So, in all those candidates who have a score above 400 in GATE, they are not required to appear in KIITEE.
KIIT Admission 2020
- Establishment: It was established in the year 1992 by Achyuta Samanta.
- Location & Area: It is located in Bhubaneshwar, Odisha, India. It has spread over 700 acres.
- Type: Deemed to be university.
- Campuses: It has 23 distributed campuses.
- Facilities: It has 16 Sports Complexes with swimming pools, 25 Food Courts, 25 sq km. Academic Township. The classrooms are air-conditioned and have state-of-the-art-modern educational equipment like LCD projectors. The whole campus has Wi-Fi facility. There are separate hostel facilities for girls and boys. The canteen serves hygienic and continental dishes to students.
Courses Offered at KIIT
There are various departments which offers Undergraduate and Post- Graduate Courses. Candidates can check the courses Department wise from the information given below.
Undergraduate- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering with specialization in Construction Engineering & Management
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering with specialization in Structural Engineering
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering with specialization in Water Resources Engineering
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering with specialization in Geotechnical Engineering
- Construction Management & Infrastructure Development
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechatronics Engineering
- B.Tech in Production Engineering
- M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Manufacturing Process & System
- M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Thermal Engineering
- M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Manufacturing Design
- Integrated M.Tech in Biotechnology
- B.Tech in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- M.Tech in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- M.Tech in Communication Engineering
- M.Tech in RF & Microwave
- M.Tech in VLSI Design & Embedded System
- B.Tech in Chemical Technology
- B.Tech/ M.tech Dual Degree
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- M.Tech in Electrical Engineering with specialization in Power Electronics & Drives
- M.Tech in Electrical Engineering with specialization in Power & Energy System
- M.Tech in Electrical Engineering with specialization in Power System Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Systems Engineering
- B.Tech in Information Technology
- M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Computer Engineering
- M.Tech in Computer Science & Information Security
- M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Data Analytics
- M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Software Engineering
B.Tech (Lateral Entry)
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Automative)
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation
KIIT Admission Process
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Programme
Candidates who want to pursue B.Tech Course will have to follow certain rules and regulations set by the governing criteria in the form of Eligibility Criteria. So, in order to take admission candidates are required to follow these criteria which are specified below:
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 with minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidates must have passed 12th standard in the year 2017, 2018 or must be appearing in the 12th class current examination in the year.
- They should have studied in regular full time formal education in their schooling/ college.
Admission Channel: KIITEE
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech Programme
|M.Tech Programmes||Eligibility Criteria|
|M.Tech Electrical Engineering||First class B.E./ B.Tech equivalent in Electrical, Electronics & Electrical, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Telecommunication, Electronics & Instrumentation, Electronics & Communication|
|M.Tech Computer Science & Engineering||First class B.E./ B.Tech or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics & Electrical, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Telecommunication, Electronics & Instrumentation or first class in MCA or first class in M.Sc. Computer Science/ Information Technology|
|M.Tech Eectronics & Telecommunication Engineering||First class B.E./ B.Tech or equivalent in Electronics & Telecommunication, Electronics & Instrumentation, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Electrical or First class in M.Sc. (Electronics)|
|M.Tech Mechanical Engineering||First class B.E./ B.Tech or equivalent in Mechanical/ Production Engineering|
|M.Tech Civil Engineering||First class B.E./ B.Tech or equivalent in Civil Engineering|
Admission Channel: KIITEE
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech (Lateral Entry)
Candidates applying for this course should have passed 3 year Diploma course in Engineering with at least 60% marks in aggregate from State of Council of Technical Education of any state or equivalent.
Admission Channel: KIITEE
Fee Structure of KIIT
Candidates can refer to the table given below to know about the amount details they have to pay at the beginning of every semester for different programmes.
|B.Tech||Rs 1,50,000||4 years|
|B.Tech & M.Tech (Dual Degree)||Rs 1,50,000||5 years|
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry)||Rs 1,50,000||3 years|
|M.Tech||Rs 1,17,000||2 years|
- During Counselling: Candidates will have to pay Rs 75,000 at the time of counselling which includes the amount of Registration, Admission Kit, Laptop & Blazer.
- Examination Fee: Candidates will have to pay Rs 1,000 per semester for the examination.
- Registration Fee: Candidates will have to pay Rs 1,000 every semester for registration. However, for the first semester, the registration fee will be collected at the time of counselling and for rest of the semesters, it will be collected at the beginning of the semester.
- Hostel Fees: Hostel Fees will be charged as per the accommodation facility selected by the students. The specifications and the amount for the same are given below:
i) Non AC Hostels (2 Bedded): Rs 30,000 per semester
ii) Non AC Hostels (3 Bedded): Rs 21,000 per semester
iii) Non AC Hostels (2 Bedded): Rs 27,000 per semester (only for Law Hostels)
iv) AC Hostels (1 Bedded): Rs 65,000 per semester
v) AC Hostels(2 Bedded): Rs 50,000 per semester
vi) AC Hostels (3 Bedded): Rs 40,000 per semester
KIIT offers different types of scholarships to the deserving students. Candidates can check the list given below for the same:
- Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (TFW)
- KIIT Merit Scholarship
- Pradyumna Bal Memorial Scholarship
- KIITEE Merit Scholarship
- Teacher Assistantship Programme
- KIIT Poverty-Cum-Merit-Scholarship
Placements at KIIT
KIIT provides excellent opportunities to the students in the form of Placements. Various companies visit the campus and select the students for jobs. KIIT has a record-breaking placement statistics. It has placed 1200+ students in one day. It has a record of offering 1900+ job offers till date. The Highest Salary which has been offered till now is Rs 39 Lakhs. The list of the companies who come to the campus are given below:
Fun Facts about KIIT
#Fun Fact 1: It has been placed on 42nd rank which has been ranked by NIRF, Government of India.
#Fun Fact 2: It has been conferred category ‘A’ status by MHRD, Government of India in 2014.
#Fun Fact 3: It has been ranked 8th among reputed private universities in India.
#Fun Fact 4: 500 Rank Holders are awarded scholarship throughout their study at KIIT.