KIITEE 2020 Preparation – Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) will be conducting KIIT Entrance Examination (KIITEE) for admissions into undergraduate engineering programmes. The 180-minute test administered in computer-based mode will have 40 questions each from the three papers, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The engineering aspirants will need to have a proper preparation of KIITEE 2020 for answering these questions. The objective-type multiple-answer-option questions will be of 10+2 standard. In this advisory article on KIITEE 2020 preparation, the aspirant like you can know the important topics from the examination syllabus and paper pattern while they will also be guided with the recommended books and expert tips to qualify exam.
KIITEE 2020 Preparation
KIITEE, an institutional-level engineering entrance exam is appeared by around a lakh candidates for securing a seat. Candidates aspiring for KIITEE University must go through the exam pattern, syllabus and other important details regarding KIITEE 2020 before starting their KIITEE preparation. Following article will allow students to go through the exam pattern, syllabus, important books and all they need to know in order to start preparing for KIITEE 2020.
KIITEE 2020 Exam pattern
Aspirants should always check the exam pattern prescribed for the entrance examination before starting with preparation. Exam pattern gives an idea about scheme and pattern of questions in the examination. Candidates can check KIITEE 2020 exam pattern given below :
Following is the exam pattern for Engineering programmes in KIITEE 2020:
- Mode of examination : Online (CBT)
- Language if question paper : English
- Duration : 180 minutes
- Total marks : 160
- Marking scheme : Each correct answer fetches 4 marks. There is negative marking. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer
Distribution of sections/subjects and number of questions in KIITEE 2020 :
|No. of questions|
KIITEE 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus of KITTEE 2020 for engineering programmes include subjects like Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Candidates need to go through KITTEE 2020 syllabus to know about the important topics in the examination. Following is the syllabus provided for KIITEE 2020 as per the last year details.
- SYLLABUS FOR B.TECH. (4YEARS)/ BIOTECHNOLOGY- DUAL DEGREE (B.TECH / M.TECH) & B.SC.NURSING/B.SC. COMPUTER SCIENCE
|Units and Measurement||Some Basic Concepts|
|Description of Motion in One|
|States of Matter|
|Description of Motion in Two and|
|Laws of Motion||Solutions|
|Work, Energy and Power||Chemical Energetics and Thermodynamics|
|Rotational Motion and Moment of|
|Gravitation||Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry|
|Solids and Fluids||Rates of Chemical Reactions and|
|Waves||Chemical Families Periodic|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||Chemical Bonding and|
|Transference of Heat||Chemistry of Non-Metals – 1|
|Electrostatics||Chemistry of Non-metals-II|
|Current Electricity||Chemistry of Lighter Metals|
|Thermal and Chemical Effects of|
|Magnetic Effects of Currents||Chemistry of Representative|
|Magneto statics||Transition Metals Including|
|Electromagnetic Induction and|
|Coordination Chemistry and Organo|
|Ray Optics||Nuclear Chemistry|
|Wave Optics||Purification and Characterisation of|
|Electromagnetic Waves||Some Basic Principles|
|Electron and Photons||Hydrocarbons|
|Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei||Organic Compound Containing|
|Solids and Semi-Conductors|
|Organic Compounds Containing|
|–||Synthetic and Natural Polymers|
|–||Bio Molecules and Biological|
|–||Chemistry In Action|
- SYLLABUS FOR B.TECH. (4YEARS)/ BIOTECHNOLOGY- DUAL DEGREE (B.TECH / M.TECH) & B.SC.NURSING
|Sets, Relations and Functions||Diversity in Living World|
|Complex Numbers||Cell : The Unit of Life ; Structure|
|Matrices and Determinants||Genetics and Evolution|
|Quadratic Equations||Structure and Function – Plants|
|Permutations and Combinations||Structure and Function – Animals|
|Binomial Theorem and Its|
|Reproduction, Growth and|
Movement in Plants
|Sequences and Series||Reproduction and Development|
|Differential Calculus||Ecology and Environment|
|Integral Calculus||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Differential Equations||Biotechnology and its Applications|
|Two Dimensional Geometry||–|
|Three Dimensional Geometry||–|
|Measures of Central Tendency and|
KIITEE 2020 Important books
Gear up and get your hands on some important books for KIITEE 2020 preparation. Below we have provided with some important books that will help candidates prepare for KIITEE 2020.
|Important books||Available at|
|Calculus and Analytic geometry||Buy here|
|Higher Algebra||Buy here|
|A modern approach to Chemical calculations||Buy here|
|Concise inroganic Chemistry||Buy here|
|Concepts of Physics (Part I & II)||Buy here|
KIITEE 2020 Preparation tips
Preparing for KIITEE 2020 will be more or less same as preparing for any other engineering entrance examination of the nation. The preparation must start early and with a proper schedule. Thus you must pull up your socks and start preparing for KIITEE 2020 by following below given preparation tips.
- Study syllabus : The first step is to go through KIITEE 2020 syllabus and see which are the topics that have been covered in the syllabus. After checking the topics, you can plan and study accordingly.
- Topics : Always start with the easy or topic you are confident enough and gradually go for tough topics. This will build your confidence and keep you positive. Till you write the exam try to do as much practice u can from the 1st day itself
- Mock tests : Candidates are advised to take a few online mock tests. When you talk about preparation, studying is not the only thing that one should do. You should also take some mock tests and keep practicing. Practice Tests and Mock Tests will help you in realizing your weakness while taking the mock test.
- Previous year question paper : Go through question papers of at-least previous 10 years this will help you to understand the patterns of questions. While you prepare, keep KIITEE previous year question papers book with you. Solve them as soon as you complete studying the chapter.
- Time management and planning : Divide your study hours into months, weeks, days and then hours. Now schedule each one of them with a fruitful exercise, make sure you assign special hours for sleeping, eating, taking breaks and performing other recreational activities is a need in any curriculum. It’s easy if you follow a proper timetable and know what chapters are important. The questions in KIITEE are direct and not that difficult to crack if you have a strong knowledge of the basics.
- Make notes : Keep a separate copy and note points and areas where you will have to improve. Revise and make sure you cover the essential points before sitting for the final exam.
- Subject wise preparation : The Subjects that you will need to cover are for B.Tech Programme are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Aspirants just need to develop the strong base of topics of the subject combination for a particular course to crack the examination.
- Physics : Physics has always been a subject revolving around different Laws, Units, and Theories. If a candidate gets his hang on the tough topics, he would face no further problem preparing for the examination.
- Chemistry : As far as chemistry is concerned you should be through with physical chemistry and a bit of organic and inorganic.
- Mathematics : For mathematics, mainly focus on formulae and solving speed, accuracy. Sound knowledge of NCERT books and decent practice in numericals will be enough for Mathematics.
- Revision : Last but not the least, do not forget to revise what you have studied since the start of the preparation. Revise all the important concepts before appearing in the exam. All the best!
About KIITEE 2020
The KIITEE entrance test is held on a national level for admission into various B.Tech/B.Tech Lateral Entry/M.Tech courses at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT), Bhubaneswar. The test is conducted in online mode (computer based test) for 180 minutes. – Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) will be conducting KIIT Entrance Examination (KIITEE) 2020.