LPUNEST 2020 – Lovely Professional University (LPU) conducts LPUNEST for admission to various programmes. The application form for LPUNEST 2020 is releasing in the first week of September 2020. National Entrance and Scholarship Test 2020 is conducted for B.Tech, Design, Law, Applied Medical Science, Hotel Management, Agriculture, MBA. However, this page is focused for LPU NEST 2020 Engineering admission. The examination will be held in the month of April 2020. Candidates interested in appearing for LPUNEST 2020 need to know all the details regarding the same. To know the same, scroll down and read.
This exam is conducted for both undergraduate and postgraduate level. 10+2 passed students can apply for the undergraduate courses and graduated students can apply for the postgraduate courses. Only the eligible candidates will be considered for the examination and for the further processes. Usually, LPU NEST is conducted in multiple phases, i.e. the exam is held more than once a year. If the exam will be held multiple times in 2020 or not, will be confirmed in due course of time. For more details regarding the LPU NEST 2020 candidates can go through the below-mentioned schedule-
|LPUNEST 2020 Date||Phase 1|
|Online Registration Starts on||1st week of Sep 2019|
|Last date of submission of Application for LPUNEST||Mar 2020|
|Slot Booking And Admit Card||Mar 2020|
|Dates of Entrance Examination||Apr 2020|
|Display of Result||May 2020|
|Cpunselling and Admissions||1st week of May 2020|
LPUNEST 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern helps the candidate to gain the knowledge about the subjects and number of questions will be asked in the examination. This below mentioned engineering exam pattern is based on the last year exam pattern.
- Nature of the question: MCQ type
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for wrong answers
- Duration of the Exam: 150 minutes (2 hours and 30 minutes)
|Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum Marks|
Note: Marks awarded per question is “4” in all the subjects except English. In English candidates are awarded “2” marks per question.
LPUNEST 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus will be needed during the time of the preparation. With the help of the syllabus, the candidate gets to know about the specified topic that what to be prepared for the examination. The below-mentioned syllabus is based on the last year syllabus. For viewing the Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Biology, English syllabus click on the link given below-
LPU NEST 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates preparing for the LPU NEST 2020 examination can follow the preparation tips given here. Preparation tips help the candidates to prepare for the examination. LPU NEST 2020 exam preparation tips are given below-
- Preparation Tips For Engineering Students- Students preparing for the Engineering courses need to think logically at the time of preparation because in most of the Engineering subject different logics are there to solve the questions.
- Subject Notes: For studying candidate need the study material but in the study material every topic is given in the vast so candidate should make notes for the particular subjects this will help the candidates for the preparation of the exam.
- Time Table: Before the exam, preparation candidate should make the timetable this will help the candidate to make the estimate that which particular subject will take more or less time and from the timetable candidate can occupy the time in an efficient manner.
- Mock Test: By giving the mock test candidate can judge itself that it which question or in which subject he/she should need to prepare more. Candidate should give the mock tests at a regular interval this will help the candidate to know that where he/she is lacking. By giving the mock tests confidence is also build up in the candidates.
- Health/Wealth: For the preparation of the examination candidate should take care of there health by taking healthy food and by taking proper rest. If the candidate will not take proper rest he/she will not be able to concentrate on his/her studies.
- Positive Attitude: Candidate should take things in a positive manner that he/she can crack the examination and can achieve their goal in a successful manner.
LPU NEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates from the Indian nationals are only will be eligible for the LPU NEST 2020 examination. 10+2 passed students can only apply for the LPU NEST 2020 undergraduate courses and graduated students can only apply for the LPU NEST 2020 postgraduate courses. This below mentioned details is based on the last year details. Detailed Eligibility Criteria for engineering courses are mentioned below-
Eligibility Criteria For B.Tech Program
- Candidate qualified with 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 (with Physics, Mathematics, and English) or equivalent, subject to qualifying LPU NEST.
- A candidate who is having Indian Nationality can only apply.
- Physics, Chemistry, English & either Maths or Biology or Biotechnology subjects will be considered for taking admission in the B.Tech. (Biotechnology, Food Technology, Biomedical Engineering) and integrated B.Tech-M.Tech. (Biotechnology)
- Physics, Chemistry, English, Maths subjects will be considered for taking admission in the B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering, CHE – Petroleum)
- A candidate who have scored 60% marks in 12th standard and have scored 74 marks in JEE MAIN that candidate will get the direct admission in the engineering course.
- A candidate who has scored 90% marks in the 12th standard will get direct admission in the LPU for engineering courses ( 90% aggregate scored candidate will not have to appear in the LPU NEST examination or JEE MAIN examination).
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech Programme
- Candidate qualified with 60% aggregate marks in BE or B.Tech in the field of the relevant branch or equivalent which is subject to qualifying LPUNEST or GATE 2020 Exam
LPUNEST 2020 Application Form
Eligible candidate can fill for the LPU NEST 2020 Application Form. Candidate will be able to fill the application form from three different modes i.e offline mode, semi-online mode, online mode.
Offline Application Form-
If the application will be obtained through the offline mode, candidates may fill in the details manually and submit the application form at the Campus Office.
Semi-Online Application Form-
In case the candidate does not want to send the hard copy of the application, fill the details in the online application. If the candidate has purchased the LPUNEST kit, enter the OMR sheet No. and Unique OMR code in the specified field and submit the online application.
Online Application Form-
Application Form will be available on the official website of the LPU NEST. Follow the below mentioned steps for filling the online application form-
- Firstly, visit the official website, that is, lpu.in
- Click at the link stating LPU NEST 2020 Application Form.
- Complete the registration process and click on the “Submit” button.
- Payment page will open from their fill the asked details related to the account and complete the payment process and click on the submit button.
- After the completion of the payment process, candidates will have to fill the other required details such as Personal Details, Academic Qualification Details, Exam details etc. All the information to be provided in the online application must be valid.
- After filling all the details which have been asked cross-check the form and click on the submit button.
Modes of Payment
|Application Mode||Mode of Fee Payment|
|Offline Application||At the Campus Office|
|Semi-Online Application||Through cash at the Campus Office for purchasing the LPUNEST Kit|
|Online Application||Net banking / Debit card / Credit card|
Application Fee – Candidates must know the application fee before starting the application process, application fee provided here is as per the last year trends.
|For Boys||Rs. 500|
|For Girls||Rs. 250|
LPUNEST 2020 Slot Booking
Candidates will have to choose their preferred slot for the entrance examination. The slot booking for LPU NEST 2020 can be done by Online Slot Management System. It will be important to do slot the booking, as the admit card for the LPU entrance examination will only be generated thereafter. Slot booking will be available 10-15 days, before the entrance examination.
LPU NEST 2020 Admit Card
On the basis of the stream and course selection, details will be mentioned on the admit card. It will be mandatory for each and every candidate to bring the one valid ID proof (Adhar Card, Voter ID Card, Pan Card) and admit card on the day of the examination. Candidate can download the admit card through the online mode from the official website of LPU NEST 2020. Candidates can follow the steps given below for downloading the admit card-
- Firstly visit the official website
- Click at the link in which LPU NEST 2020 Admit Card is mentioned.
- Access the login by entering the Username / Email ID and Password.
- Do the slot booking of LPU NEST 2020.
- Confirm the booked slot.
- Download the admit card of LPU NEST 2020.
LPU NEST 2020 Result
For the different courses, the different result will release by the conducting body. The result will be based on the scoring marks gained by the candidates in the examination. The candidates who will appear in the examination for that candidates only the result will be released. The LPU will publish a rank list, which will be required at the time of counselling.
Candidates can check their result by entering the Username and Password. After the releasing of the result candidate will be able to download the result from the official website of the LPU NEST 2020. Candidate can follow the given below steps for viewing the result-
- Click at the link in which LPU NEST 2020 result is mention.
- Enter the Username and Password.
- Submit the details.
- The result will appear on the screen.
LPU NEST 2020 Merit List
Merit List will be based on the rank scored by the candidates. Ranking will be based on the marks scored by the candidate in the examination. The candidate who will qualify the qualification criteria for that candidate only the merit list will be released.
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case of more than one candidate obtaining the equal marks in the entrance exam, then tie-breaking criteria will be followed which is mentioned below-
- The candidates who score the higher marks in the sum of best two subjects will be considered.
- If the tie remains, the candidate with single highest in any of the subject will be considered.
- If the tie still exists, the candidate older in age will be ranked higher.
LPU NEST 2020 Counselling
The shortlisted candidates will be only allowed to participate in the counselling and seat allotment process. The counselling session will be held in online mode in which candidates need to select 5 preferred choices. Allotment of seats will be done as per the rank obtained by the candidates and choice filled. After the seats are allotted, the selected candidates will have to download their allotment letter and deposit an initial payment of Rs. 10,000 to confirm their seats.
Candidate needs to carry all the original and photocopied documents of; 10th mark sheet,12th mark sheet, Valid ID Proof, Hard copy of Admit Card etc. at the time of the counselling procedure as it will be needed for the verification process of the candidate.
Streams offered by the LPU NEST 2020
These below-mentioned courses are based on the last year offered courses. The courses offered by LPU through NEST are as follows:
Streams for 12th pass candidates-
- B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Information Technology)
- B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Civil Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Electrical Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Biotechnology)
- B.Tech. (Automobile Engineering)
- B.Tech. (ME-Mechatronics)
- B.Tech. (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Aerospace Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering)
- B.Tech. (CHE – Petroleum)
- B.Tech. (Biomedical Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Food Technology)
- Dual Degree B.Tech.-M.Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- Integrated B.Tech. – M.Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering)
- Dual Degree B.Tech.-MBA (Computer Science and Engineering)
- Dual Degree B.Tech.-MBA (Mechanical Engineering)
- Integrated B.Tech. – M.Tech. (Biotechnology)
- Dual Degree B.Tech.-MBA (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- Integrated B.Tech. – MBA (Computer Science and Engineering)
- Dual Degree B.Tech.-M.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)
- Dual Degree B.Tech. – M.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Hons.) (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Hons.) (Computer Science and Engineering)
Streams for graduated candidates-
- M.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering) [Full Time]
- M.Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering) [Full Time]
- M.Tech. (Electrical Engineering) [Full Time]
- M.Tech. (Automobile Engineering) [Full Time]
- M.Tech. (Food Technology) [Full Time]
- M.Tech. (Power Systems) [Full Time]
- M.Tech. (Thermal Engineering) [Full Time]
- M. Tech. (Manufacturing Engineering) [Full Time]
- M.Tech. (Structural Engineering) [Full Time]
- M.Tech. (Transportation Engineering) [Full Time]
- M.Tech. (Construction Management) [Full Time]
- M.Tech. (Geotechnical Engineering) [Full Time
LPU NEST 2020 Scholarship Program
LPU NEST provides the scholarship to the students who qualified the examination by gaining maximum scoring aggregates. For different courses, different scholarships will be decided by the controller. Candidates can view the Scholarship Program Fee from the below. The below-mentioned scholarship Program Fee is based on the last year Scholarship Program Fee.
Scholarship Program FeeEngineering Entrance Exams