M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology Admission 2019 – This Institute of started in the year 1962 with an aim to prove itself to be one of the top private institutions providing technical education, by imparting quality education. Currently, it is said to be one of the best engineering institutions under VTU affiliation and is ranked 60th in India. Named after the founder, Dr. MS Ramaiah MSRIT strives to provide education at an affordable rate. It provides various programmes in the field of engineering, architecture, management, and research not only to Indian candidates but also to NRI. For UG engineering courses, a candidate needs to apply with Karnataka CET or COMEDK marks, whereas for PG engineering courses, one needs GATE or Karnataka PGCET marks, as specified by the Institute. To know more details on M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology Admission 2019, candidates can keep reading!
M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology Admission 2019
- Established – In the year 1962
- Type – Private College
- Area – Situated in the heart of Bengaluru, its campus stretches up to 25 acres.
- Campuses – MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology has only one main campus, located in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Location – It is nearly 9 km away from the Bangalore railway station and 35 mins drive away from the Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru.
- Facilities – It provides infrastructural facilities like labs, gym center, hostel, internet center, library, auditoriums, canteen, and basic medical facilities to its students.
M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology Admission 2019 Courses Offered
At the undergraduate level, it offers Bachelors of Engineering(BE) and Bachelors of Architecture(B.Arch) courses. These are the following BE branches that it offers.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering & Management
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Science & Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Medical Electronics
At the postgraduate level, it offers various Masters of Technology(M.Tech) and Masters of Architecture(M.Arch)courses. These are the following M.Tech specializations, a candidate can choose from:
- Structural Engineering
- Manufacturing Science & Engineering
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Computer Applications and Industrial Drives
- Digital Electronics & Communication
- VLSI Design & Embedded Systems
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Computer Network Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Digital Communication
M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology Admission Process 2019
The University doesn’t conduct any university level entrance examination for admission purpose to any of the BE or M.Tech courses.
For applying to any of the BE programmes, a candidate must have appeared and met the minimum marks limit set for Karnataka CET or COMEDK by the University. And also needs to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- A candidate should have passed his or her class 12 or equivalent level of examination from a recognized Board with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, along with any other optional subject Biology/ Computer Science/ Electronics/ Chemistry/ Biotechnology.
- Minimum marks requirement for General Candidates is 45%, whereas, in the case of SC/ST, Category-1 and OBC Category candidates, it is 40% of marks only in his or her Class 12 level examination.
For applying to any of the M.Tech programmes, any candidates needs to have appeared and secured the minimum marks or ranks in either GATE or Karnataka PGCET, as specified by the University. Along with that, a candidate needs to fulfill these eligibility criteria:
- Should have pursued BE or BTech any discipline from a recognized University.
- For General category candidates, minimum 50% of marks is needed, whereas 45% of marks is at least needed for SC/ST category candidates of Karnataka in their qualifying exam.
M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology Admission 2019 Fee Structure
As per the last year’s record, the fee structure of BE/BTech/ M.Tech courses was as follows. It may vary across different academic session, so candidates must keep themselves updated with the latest fee structure. A candidate applying through different channel needs to submit a different amount of fee. Check the same from below.
Fee Structure of the candidates applying through COMEDK
Fee Structure of the candidates applying through KCET
Fee Structure of the candidates applying through Karnataka PGCET
Image and Data Source: www.msrit.edu
M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology Admission 2019 Scholarship Schemes
M.S Ramaiah Institute of Technology leaves no stones unturned in providing various scholarship schemes available to its deserving candidates. On behalf of the Government of India, it offers various types of scholarship schemes to its students. An eligible candidate just needs to write and submit an application, which can easily be obtained from the Admission and Scholarship section in the month of September, every year. It offers various scholarship schemes as mentioned below.
- Fee-reimbursements to SC/STs
- Extra boarding and lodging allowance to Category-I, II, & III
- MSRIT Alumni Scholarship
- Post Metric Scholarship to SC/STs
- Fee- concession to Category-l, II, and III
- Defense Scholarship
M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology Admission 2019 Placement
One of the plus points of pursuing an engineering course from Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore is that it provides its students with amazing placement opportunities. That is why the institute claims – “MSRIT stands for Placement!” Year after year, the number of recruiters visiting the campus is increasing, as well as the number of students getting placed. Ramaiah Institute of Technology has a placement cell which looks after the personality development and industrial orientation so that a candidate can eventually get placed with a good offer. The Placement & Training Officer, Dr. Savitha Konna.M says that the institute believes in making a record and proves them by breaking their own record.
Notable Alumni – The MSRIT Alumni are working at some of the renowned MNCs in India as well as in Abroaraisingrasing their bars high for others. Many of them are proving themselves in the research field as well.
- Highest CTC – 50 LPA
- Average Package – 7.66LPA
- Placement Percentage – 95%
- Companies Visited – 358 well-known firms has till date paid a visit to the Institute campus.
- Number of Job Offers – 1892
Here’s a list of recruiters who have paid a visit to the University campus, over the years.
Ramaiah Institute of Technology
MSR Nagar, MSRIT Post, Bangalore 560 054
Tel: – 080 2360 7902
Fax: – 080 2360 3124
Email: – [email protected]
Web: – www.msrit.edu