MH CET 2018 or MHT-CET 2018 is conducted every year by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra, Mumbai. The test of MH CET 2018 was held for admission to First Year of full time Under Graduate Degree courses in Engineering/Technology (B.E./B.Tech.) in the Government, Govt. Aided, University Managed, University Departments and Unaided Institutes in the Maharashtra State. Thus candidates who have appeared for the examination can now check their Results. The admission to the B.E./B.Tech. programmes will be based on the performance in MH CET 2018 only. The counselling rounds will commence from June 07, 2018. Read below to know the required eligibility criteria, admission details, and other important information.
Latest: The MHT CET 2018 Result has been declared. Click Here to check the same.
MH CET 2018
The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test 2018 (MH CET 2018) will be conducted at various centers in Maharashtra. There will be no age limit for appearing in the examination. Below are the important dates of the admission process that one must take a note of:
|MH CET 2018||Dates|
|Online Application Starts||18 Jan 2018|
|Last date to apply online||25 Mar 2018|
|Last date to apply online with late fees||31 Mar 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card||24 Apr to 10 May 2018|
|MH CET 2018||10 May 2018|
|MH CET 2018 Result||03 Jun 2018|
|Counselling will start from||07 Jun 2018|
The admission to B.E./B.Tech. courses will be done to various colleges in Maharashtra state on the basis of MH CET 2018. Candidates getting a place in the merit list will be called for counselling as per their choices of programmes and colleges chosen by them during the online application process.
MH CET 2018 Admit Card
Admit Card of MHT CET 2018 will be issued to those candidates who will successfully submit their application form without any error before the last dates as mentioned in the table above. The MHT CET 2018 Admit Card will contain all the details like your roll number, examination centre details and other important information. Without this document, you will not be allowed to take the examination and also it is a proof of your identity in the exam centre. Thus make sure you positively download it. It will be sent to any candidate by post under any circumstances.
MH CET 2018 Admission Process
The MH CET 2018 Admission Process will be done in 5 stages. Candidates will have to clear each stage to get admission in their desired course and colleges. The below chart shows the flow of the entire admission process.
MH CET 2018 Application Form
The candidates eligible for admission can fill up the application MH CET 2018 Application form in online mode only. No other mode of application is available the application fee will also be needed to be submitted online only. To know the stepwise details to fill up the application form you can refer our other article ‘MH CET Application Form 2018 for Engineering Courses‘.
MH CET 2018 Application Fee:
- For General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates: Rs. 800/-
- For Candidates of Backward Class Categories and Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only: Rs. 600/-
MH CET 2018 Mode of Application: Online Only
MH CET 2018 Mode of Payment: Online Only (Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card)
MH CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
You must know whether or not you are eligible to apply for MH CET 2018. Before applying online you must read the points below:
- All the candidates passed/appearing at the qualifying examination i.e. HSC/12th Standard examination or its equivalent examination are eligible for appearing for MHT CET 2018.
There is no age limit for admission and appearing in MH CET 2018.
- You must have passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only). Or
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45 % marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only). Or
- Passed B.Sc. Degree from a Recognised University as defined by UGC. and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) and passed XII standard with Mathematics as a subject.
- Candidates should be an Indian National.
- Female candidates are not eligible for admission to Mining Engineering course.
MH CET 2018 Exam Pattern
The MHT CET 2018 Examination will be held across various centres. The examination will have a difficulty like the JEE (Main). Thus the candidates appearing for admission in B.E./B.Tech. courses must be well prepared for the difficult and challenging questions.
There will be no Negative Marking.
- Syllabus: The questions will be based on Syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. The subjects will be Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Get the detailed syllabus here.
Approximately 20% weightage will be given to Class 11 curriculum and 80% weightage will be given to class 12 curriculum while setting the question paper.
- Mode of Examination: Offline- OMR Sheet will be provided for recording answers.
- The MH CET 2018 Question Paper Pattern: Refer the table below to know the question paper pattern.
|Paper||Subject||No. of class 11 Questions||No. of class 12 Questions||Marks per question||Total Marks||Duration in Mins.|
|Paper 2||Physics & Chemistry||20||80||1||100||90|
- Know how you can ‘Prepare for MHT CET 2018‘.
MH CET 2018 Answer Key
Provisional Answer key of each version of question paper & OMR Answer sheet will be made
available on website www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in as per schedule. The OMR Sheet will be available to each candidate after they enter their Password and Registration ID in the login window.
The MHT CET Answer Key 2018 will help you calculate your rough result before the actual result is declared. You can have an estimate of your performance with the help of the answer key. The date of release of the answer key will be declared soon and same will be made available here via a direct link.
MH CET 2018 Result
The authority will evaluate the answer sheets and declare the result. The result will be declared on website www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in as per the above-mentioned schedule. The details of the result and how to download the same is given here: ‘MHT CET 2018 Result‘. The Performance of the candidates will determine their admission to various engineering colleges in the state of Maharashtra.
To get the college and course of your choice you must do well in the examination and prepare for the same with a proper timetable and strategy. The mark sheet must be downloaded and kept safe for the counselling rounds. A Merit List will be also made available online on the official website.
MH CET 2018 Counselling
After the MH CET 2018 Results are declared, the counselling process will start. Each college that will accept admission through MHT CET scores will invite the students to attend the counselling rounds. These colleges will have their own admission criteria and the process of admissions. Thus make sure you keep an eye on the counselling schedule and information after the results are declared. The final admission will be complete after the candidate is through with the entire counselling formalities and fee payments.
Official Website: www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in
Click Here to download the MHT CET 2018 Information Brochure.