DTE Maharashtra will conduct Maharashtra Common Entrance Test i.e. MHT CET 2019, most probably, in the 2nd week of May 2019. It grants admission to various engineering and technology courses. All the candidates who are interested should verify their eligibility criteria and then apply for MHT CET 2019. It is expected that the application forms will be available from 3rd week of January 2019. The test will consist of two papers i.e. Paper I (Mathematics) & Paper II (Physics and Chemistry). The aspirants have to appear for both the papers to proceed for further rounds of admission. For more details regarding MHT CET 2019, candidates can read this article by scrolling down the page.
MHT CET 2019
The application form must be filled by the candidates very carefully. Any mistake in filling the form may lead to rejection of the candidature. The schedule of important dates regarding MHT CET 2019 are as follows:
|MHT CET 2019||Date|
|Online application form filling starts||3rd week of Jan 2019|
|Registration closes||Last week of Mar 2019|
|Application form submission with late fee ends||Last week of Mar 2019|
|Reopening of application form with late fee of Rs 500/-||1st week of Apr 2019|
|Admit card availability||Last week of Apr to 2nd week of May 2019|
|MHT CET 2019||2nd week of May 2019|
|Official answer key issue||To be announced|
|Result declaration||On or before 1st week of Jun 2019|
MHT CET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
All the aspirants who have passed or are appearing at the qualifying examination i.e. HSC/12th Standard examination or its equivalent examination and having Indian Nationality are eligible for appearing for MHT CET 2019. There is no age limit for this entrance test. The Maharashtra State Candidature says that a Candidate can claim only one type of Maharashtra State Candidature Type i.e. from Type A to E as shown below:
MHT CET 2019 Exam Pattern
The MHT CET 2019 Exam Pattern is as follows:
- The medium of the examination will be English or Marathi or Urdu for Physics, & Chemistry and for Mathematics, the medium will be English.
- The questions will be based on Syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- The question paper will be approximately based on 20% weightage giving to Std. XI curriculum and 80% weightage giving to Std. XII curriculum.
- There will be no Negative Marking.
- The difficulty level will be at par with the JEE (Main) for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry.
- Both the papers i.e. Paper I (Mathematics) & Paper II (Physics and Chemistry) will be comprised of 100 marks each.
- In Paper I, the candidate will get 2 marks for each correct answer and in Paper II, 1 mark will be awarded.
- The duration of the test will be for 90 minutes for each paper.
- The candidate will have to mark the correct answer by blackening the corresponding circle against the serial number of the question in the OMR sheet using black ink ballpoint pen only.
- For 1 question, only 1 circle should be filled and should be filled completely and darkened properly.
- Changing any answer is not allowed.
|Paper||Subjects||No. of MCQ’s Based on|
|Std. XI||Std. XII||Marks|
MHT CET 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for MHT CET 2019 will consist of 3 subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics whose detailed topics are mentioned below:
- Trigonometric functions
- Trigonometric functions of Compound Angles
- Factorization Formulae
- Straight Line
- Circle and Conics
- Relations and Functions
- Sequences and series
- Some basic concepts of chemistry
- States of matter: Gases and liquids
- Redox reaction
- Surface chemistry
- Nature of chemical bond
- s-Block elements (Alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- Basic principles and techniques in organic chemistry
- Scalars and Vectors
- Friction in solids and liquids
- Refraction of Light
- Ray optics
- Magnetic effect of electric current
MHT CET 2019 Preparation
Candidates who are aspiring for MHT CET 2019 should start their preparation as soon as possible. Try to make a study plan and execute it until the last day before the exam. Give time to all the subjects and important topics and chapters need to be focussed upon. Solve sample papers and previous years papers to get an idea of the type of questions that are most likely to come. Make notes properly so that it becomes easy for you to revise. Also get to know the detailed syllabus to give direction to your preparations.
MHT CET 2019 Application Form
It is expected that the application forms will be available from 3rd week of Jan 2019. All the aspirants who are interested and eligible will first have to register themselves and then fill the application form. The candidate will have to enter valid personal email id, personal mobile No. and a password along with other required information while filling the online form. All the applicants are required to upload their recent scanned/digital colour photograph and signature. The file size of the Photograph should be between 15 KB to 50 KB and Signature should be between 5 KB to 20 KB. Application Fee payment can be made online through Credit / Debit Card, Net-banking. The application fees for various categories is listed below:
- For General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates: Rs. 800/-
- For Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DTNT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only: Rs. 600/-
MHT CET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates are advised that they should download the admit cards before the test date so that they can carry it to the center. It can be downloaded from the official website or the direct links will also be provided here as soon as it will be available. It is one of the most important document as it serves the purpose of verifying the candidates at the exam center. It is mandatory to carry the hall ticket on the exam day. Along with the admit card, a photo id of the aspirant is also must to carry on the exam day.
MHT CET 2019 Answer Key
Prior to the result declaration, provisional answer keys will also be released, which can be used by the candidates to cross-check their answers. Using the marking scheme, they can estimate the score or marks that they might get in the entrance test. The candidate can challenge the answer key or raise any objection regarding the provisional answer key in the given time frame only. Objections raised after given time period will not be entertained by the board.
MHT CET 2019 Result
DTE Maharashtra will declare the results after evaluating the answer sheets. The results will be published online at the official website. Candidates will have to log in to check their results. The direct links for checking the results will also be provided here very soon. Once the result is out, candidates can download mark sheets from the official website. Merit list will also be prepared for the selected candidates and the shortlisted ones will be invited for admission process.
Official Website: www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in