MHT CET 2020 is conducted every year by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra, Mumbai. The test of MHT CET 2020 is held for admission to First Year of full time Under Graduate Degree courses in Engineering/Technology (B.E./B.Tech.) in the Government, Govt. Aided, University Managed, University Departments and Unaided Institutes in the Maharashtra State. The admission to the B.E./B.Tech. programmes is based on the performance in MHT CET 2020 only. Read below to know the required eligibility criteria, admission details, and other important information.
MHT CET 2020
The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test 2020 (MHT CET 2020) is conducted at various centers in Maharashtra. There is no age limit for appearing in the examination. Below are the important dates of the admission process that one must take a note of:
|MHT CET 2020||Dates|
|Online Application Starts||Jan 2020|
|Last date to apply online||Mar 2020|
|Last date to apply online with late fees||Mar 2020|
|Issuance of Admit Card||Apr 2020|
|MHT CET 2020||May 2020|
|MHT CET 2020 Result||Jun 2020|
|Counselling will start from||Jun 2020|
The admission to B.E./B.Tech. courses is done to various colleges in Maharashtra state on the basis of MHT CET 2020. Candidates getting a place in the merit list are called for counselling as per their choices of programmes and colleges chosen by them during the online application process.
MHT CET 2020 Application Form
The candidates eligible for admission can fill up the application MHT CET 2020 Application form in online mode only. No other mode of application is available the application fee is also be needed to be submitted online only. To know the stepwise details to fill up the application form you can refer our other article ‘MHT CET Application Form 2020 for Engineering Courses‘.
MHT CET 2020 Application Fee:
- For General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates: Rs. 800/- (expected)
- For Candidates of Backward Class Categories and Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only: Rs. 600/- (expected)
MHT CET 2020 Mode of Application: Online Only
MHT CET 2020 Mode of Payment: Online Only (Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card)
MHT CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
You must know whether or not you are eligible to apply for MHT CET 2020. Before applying online you must read the points below:
- All the candidates passed / appearing at the qualifying examination i.e. HSC / 12th Standard examination or its equivalent examination are eligible for appearing for MHT CET 2020.
There is no age limit for admission and appearing in MHT CET 2020.
- You must have passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and obtained at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only). Or
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45 % marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only). Or
- Passed B.Sc. Degree from a Recognised University as defined by UGC. and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45% marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) and passed XII standard with Mathematics as a subject.
- Candidates should be an Indian National.
- Female candidates are not eligible for admission to Mining Engineering course.
MHT CET 2020 Exam Pattern
The MHT CET 2020 Examination is held across various centres. The examination will have similar difficulty level as of JEE (Main). Thus the candidates appearing for admission in B.E./B.Tech. courses must be well prepared for the difficult and challenging questions.
There is no Negative Marking.
- Syllabus: The questions will be based on Syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. The subjects will be Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. .
Approximately 20% weightage is given to Class 11 curriculum and 80% weightage is given to class 12 curriculum while setting the question paper.
- Mode of Examination: Offline- OMR Sheet is provided for recording answers.
- The MHT CET 2020 Question Paper Pattern: Refer the table below to know the question paper pattern.
|Paper||Subject||No. of class 11 Questions||No. of class 12 Questions||Marks per question||Total Marks||Duration in Mins.|
|Paper 2||Physics & Chemistry||20||80||1||100||90|
MHT CET 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card of MHT CET 2020 is issued to those candidates who successfully submit their application form without any error before the last dates as mentioned in the table above. The MHT CET 2020 Admit Card contains all the details like your roll number, examination centre details and other important information. Without this document, you will not be allowed to take the examination and also it is a proof of your identity in the exam centre. Thus make sure you positively download it.
MHT CET 2020 Answer Key
Provisional Answer key of each version of question paper & OMR Answer sheet is made
available on website www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in as per schedule. The OMR Sheet is made available to each candidate after they enter their Password and Registration ID in the login window.
The MHT CET Answer Key 2020 helps you calculate your estimated result before the actual result is declared. You can have an estimate of your performance with the help of the answer key. The date of release of the answer key is given in the dates table given above.
MHT CET 2020 Result
The authority evaluate the answer sheets and declare the result. The result is declared on the official website as per the above-mentioned schedule. The details of the result and how to check the same is given here: ‘MHT CET 2020 Result‘. The Performance of the candidates determine their admission to various engineering colleges in the state of Maharashtra.
To get the college and course of your choice you must do well in the examination and prepare for the same with a proper timetable and strategy. The mark sheet must be downloaded and kept safe for the counselling rounds. A Merit List will be also made available online on the official website.
MHT CET 2020 Counselling
After the MHT CET 2020 Results are declared, the counselling process will start. Each college that will accept admission through MHT CET scores will invite the students to attend the counselling rounds. These colleges will have their own admission criteria and the process of admissions. Thus make sure you keep an eye on the counselling schedule and information after the results are declared. The final admission will be complete after the candidate is through with the entire counselling formalities and fee payments.
Official Website: www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in