Manipal University conducts the MU OET 2020 examination for various courses one of them is the engineering course. Manipal University offers admission for the UG and PG engineering courses for various streams. The examination will be held in the month of April 2020. The examination mode will be online. For more information regarding the MU OET 2020 candidate can go through the Manipal University official website. From this page, the candidate will get full updates regarding the MU OET 2020
MU OET 2020
Manipal University offers B. Tech and M. Tech course including different streams like- Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Building Science, and Chemical. B. Tech course will take 4 years to complete and M.Tech courses will take 2 years to complete. For more information regarding the MU OET 2020 candidate can go through the below mentioned schedule-
|Start Date of filling Application Form||03rd week of Oct 2019|
|Last Date of filling Application Form||02nd week of Apr 2020|
|Online Test Booking Schedule or 1st and 2nd Attempt||Last week Mar to 02nd week of Apr 2020|
|Release Date of Admit Card for 1st and 2nd Attempt||24 hours after Slot Booking|
|Examination Date ( 1st and 2nd Attempt)||03rd Apr to 02nd week of May 2020|
|Release Date of Admit Card for 3rd Attempt||24 hours after Slot Booking|
|Examination Date ( 3rd Attempt)||02nd week of May 2020|
|Declaration of Result||First week of May 2020|
|Announcement of MU OET 2020 Merit List/Rank||02nd week of May 2020|
|Counselling (Phase-I)||Last week of May to First week of June 2020|
|Start Date of B.Tech classes||03rd week of June 2020|
for the preparation of the examination, candidate need to go through the exam pattern first. Below mentioned exam pattern is based in the last year data. Candidate can check the MU OET 2020 Exam Pattern from below-
- Examination Mode: Online
- Time Duration: 2.30 hours
- Type of Questions: MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Total Number of Questions: 200
|Subjects Name||Number of Questions|
|English and general aptitude||30|
The syllabus is needed during the time of the preparation. With the help of the syllabus, the candidate gets to know about the specified topic that what to be prepared for the examination. The below mentioned syllabus is based as per the last year data. Candidate can check the below mentioned links for knowing about the engineering syllabus.
- Click here the check the MU OET 2020 Physics Syllabus.
- Click here the check the MU OET 2020 Chemistry Syllabus.
- Click here the check the MU OET 2020 Mathematics Syllabus.
- Click here the check the MU OET 2020 English Syllabus.
Before preparing for the exam candidate should go through the exam pattern and syllabus first. Candidate should know about the name of subjects that which subjects are coming in the examination. For the preparation of MU OET 2020 examination candidate can follow the below mentioned preparation tips.
- On the basis of interest, the candidate should choose the first subject for the preparation.
- On the basis of the maximum scoring subject, the candidate should give time to that particular subject likewise if the candidate thinks that in a particular section he/she can prepare in a good way and can score full marks in that section according to that candidate should give the time to that particular subjects.
- Candidate will need to prepare the timetable.
- After the preparation of the examination, the candidate needs to give the mock test. By giving the mock tests candidate will get the estimate about the questions that which type questions will be asked in the examination and by giving the mock test candidate can estimate that in which section he/she is losing marks according to that candidate should prepare for that sections.
Candidate can refer to the below-mentioned books for the preparation of the MU OET 2020.
|Books Name||Link to Buy|
|CRASH COURSE JEE(MAIN) / AIEEE -PHYSICS||Click here|
|CRASH COURSE JEE(MAIN) / AIEEE – CHEMISTRY||Click here|
|Course in Mathematics for the JEE/ISEET &OTHER
Engineering Entrance Examinations Algebra I
|Algebra-1: Course in Mathematics for the IIT-JEE and Other
Engineering Entrance Examinations (Old Edition)
Candidate should qualify the below-mentioned criteria for appearing in the engineering entrance exam of MU OET 2020.
- Candidate should have the citizenship of India.
- The candidate should be 12th pass from the recognized board.
- Candidate should pass the 12th standard with Physics, Mathematics, and English. Optional subjects should include technical vocational subjects such as Chemistry, Biology, or Biotechnology. Candidate should be scored the 50% marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics, and any one of the optional subjects.
Before filling, the application form candidate should first go through the eligibility criteria first. Candidate can fill the application form from the official website of MU OET 2020. Candidate should mention the valid information in the application form if the candidate will not fill the valid information in the application form that candidate will be disqualified from the further procedure. Below mention fee details are based on the previous year data.
- Application Fee: Rs 600/-
- Entrance test fee (for select courses only): Rs 1400/-
How to Register
- Firstly visit the official website
- Step 1: Candidate need to mention the Personal details and course details
- Step 2: In this step candidate need to Upload Photo and signature.
- Step 3: In this step candidate need to do the Payment by using online or offline payment.
Online Payment: Candidate can do the payment by using a credit card, debit card.
Offline Payment: Candidate can do the payment by using a Demand Draft which will be made in the favor of Manipal Academy of Higher Education, payable at Manipal or Udupi.
Note: Candidate who will complete the payment by using DD than that candidate needs to mention the asked DD details in the application form.
The candidate who will successfully register the application form that the candidate will able to book their slot as per there preference. Candidate should do the slot booking after the selection and confirming their choice because after submitting the slot booking candidate cannot recorrect that. According to the slot booking, candidates examination center will be decided by the conducting body. If candidates preferred center seats are filled than conducting body will decide the center for that candidates. If the candidate is not satisfied by his/her performance than the candidate can again book the slot for the 3rd attempt entrance test by paying the Rs 1400.
After the slot booking of the candidates, candidates admit card will get released after 24 hours. It will be mandatory for the candidates to bring the one hard copy of the admit card and one valid ID proof ( Adhar Card, Pan Card, Voter ID card, Passport) on the day of the examination. Candidate can download the admit card from the official website.
How to Download
- Firstly visit the official website
- Click at the link in which MU OET 2020 Admit Card is mentioned.
- Acces the login by mentioning the asked details. Click at the submit button.
- Admit Card page will get open.
- Click on the download option. Admit card will get downloaded take a print out of the admit card.
After the examination result will be declared by the conducting body on the official website. The result will be based on the marks scored by the candidates in the examination. For the qualified candidates, merit list will be prepared by the conducting body. If more than one candidate will core the similar rank than tie-breaking criteria will be followed.
Tie Breaking Rules
- The candidates who will score higher marks in Mathematics will be considered.
- If the tie still exists then the candidates who will score higher marks Physics will be considered.
- If the tie still exists then the candidates who will score higher marks Chemistry will be considered.
- If the tie still exists then the candidates who will be senior in the age that will be considered.
Candidate should select the counselling venue from the list of centers available in the online test booking system before they download the Admit Card. The candidate should bring the documents for the verification. After the allotment of the institutes, the candidate should report at the allotted institute within the time period and should pay the institute admission fee.
For the verification, the candidate need to bring the following documents-
- Admit Card
- 10th standard mark sheet.
- 12th standard mark sheet.
- Character certificate obtained on the School/College letterhead.
- Transfer certificate or School/College Leaving Certificate issued by the School/College.
- Two recent and identical passport size photographs.
- Fees: As applicable for the programme
- Copy of PAN card of the parent
- Aadhar card of the candidate.
- Authorization letter if the representative is attending on behalf of a candidate.
- One set of self-attested photocopies of all the above documents.
Candidate can see below-mentioned engineering fee structure from below. This below-mentioned fee structure is based as per the last year data.