PESSAT 2019 – PES University has activated a link to check the result from the official website that is pessat.pes.edu. Candidates need to login and check the PESSAT 2019 Rank Card. The PESSAT 2019 Exam was conducted on May 02 to May 20, 2019. In order to take admission under any of the six (06) B.Tech or M.Tech courses, candidates need to appear and meet the minimum marks requirement of PESSAT 2019. PESSAT is an online computer based test. Candidates can read this article to find more elaborate information on PESSAT 2019 registration, slot booking, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, result, and counseling.
PESSAT is an All India online entrance examination. For UG and PG engineering admissions, a candidate will be primarily provided under any of these 6 branches, which are, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Biotechnology.
|PESSAT 2019 For B.Tech|
|Start of application form submission||05 Oct 2018|
|Last date of form submission||18 Apr 2019 (outside Bengaluru candidates)
23 Apr 2019 (for Bengaluru candidates)
|Slot Booking||25 Apr 2019|
|PESSAT 2019 exam dates for B.Tech||02 – 20 May 2019|
|Last date to update 12th std/ 2nd PU marks||May 2019|
|PESSAT results||25 May 2019|
|First-round counselling||01 & 02 Jun 2019|
|Last date for submission of original documents (only for admitted students)||Jul 2019|
|Second Round of B.Tech Counseling||06 Jul – 07 Jul 2019|
|Formally notified the last date of admission||03 Aug 2019|
|PESSAT 2019 For M.Tech|
|Start of PESSAT 2019 online registrations||05 Oct 2018|
|Commencement of Slot bookings||05 Jan 2019|
|PES Scholastic Aptitude Test (PESSAT 2019)||10 Jan to Jul 2019|
|PESSAT Results||3 days after taking the test|
Venue for PESSAT 2019 B.Tech. Counselling: PES University, 100 Feet Ring Road, BSK III Stage, Bangalore – 560085
Upload Marks: Click Here to upload PUC Marks and Marks Sheet.
PESSAT 2019 Counseling
As the Result is now declared, PESSAT 2019 Counselling will be held for B.Tech. courses. No official notification has yet been released for a round of counseling with the selected M.Tech applicants. This page will enlist the details if a counseling round is held for M.Tech candidates as well. Candidates need to log in to check the B.Tech counseling related details or can keep following our page to know the same.
- Click Here for detailed Round 2 counselling information for PESSAT B.Tech. Admission.
- Click Here to confirm your First round counseling attendance.
- Click Here for detailed counselling information for PESSAT B.Tech. Admission.
Counseling round will be conducted at the PES University campus. Another person, in place of the candidate, can represent him or her on the day of counseling. But to avail this provision, a candidate needs to download and submit the authorization letter at PES University prior to the date of commencement of the counseling round. If a candidate misses out, his or her chances of appearing for the counseling round, he or she needs to appear for the counseling round scheduled for the next lot.
PESSAT 2019 Application Form
The PES University has released its PESSAT 2019 application forms on the official website on October 5, 2018. Candidates can fill PESSAT 2019 Application Form till April 19, 2019. Only those candidates will be allowed to appear for this exam, who will submit their fully filled application forms on time. Candidates need to register over the admission portal by filling up some details. And those details, are:
- Name of the course which candidates want to pursue
- Your Personal Details, along with your email id and contact number.
- Your domicile or state of eligibility details
- Details of your parents
- Your Educational Qualification, along with your graduation details (if applying for M.Tech)
- Book your slot and test city, as per your convenience(for M.Tech courses, a candidate needs to appear for the entrance at the PES University campus in Bengaluru itself. No choice will be provided for the test center).
- Upload your photograph and signature.
- Pay the PESSAT 2019 Application Form Fee, by using any of the following modes – Credit Card or Debit Card or Net banking / DD / Challan.
Application Fee: The application form fee for PESSAT 2019 is Rs 1050/-. It can be submitted through online mode i.e., Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card and can be paid via offline mode too via Challan or submitting the DD in favour of the concerned authorities.
Courses Offered At PES University
The PES University, formerly known as the PES Institute of Technology( a deemed university) offers various engineering disciplines in UG and PG level. And to pursue any of these engineering disciplines, candidates will be required to appear for PESSAT 2019. The duration for all the B.Tech courses will be 4 years whereas it will be 2 years for all the M.Tech courses.
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering (CE)
- B.Tech in Biotechnology (BT)
- M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (Specializations in Cloud Computing, Web Technologies, Software Engineering, Big Data & IoT, Cyber Security)
- M.Tech in Electronics & Communication (Specializations in Digital Communication, VLSI Design, Signal Processing)
- M.Tech in Electrical & Electronics (Specializations in Power Electronics and Drives, Embedded Systems, Smart Power Control)
- M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (Specializations in Automotive Technology, Thermo Fluids Engineering, Machine Design, Manufacturing Science, and Engineering)
- M.Tech in Biotechnology (Specializations in Bio-manufacturing, Computational Biology, Environmental Bioprocesses, Molecular & Medical Biosciences
- M.Tech in Civil Engineering (Specializations in Computer Aided Structures, Transportation, Geotechnical Engineering)
PESSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Only eligible candidates will be allowed to appear for the PESSAT 2019. So, all candidates are required to ensure their eligibility, before filling up the application forms.
- To pursue a B.Tech course, a candidate will be needed to necessarily secure at least 60% marks in 10+2 or equivalent in PCM stream from a recognized board.
- To pursue an M.Tech course, a candidate will at least need a BE/B. Tech degree in the specific engineering discipline, that one is appearing for.
PESSAT 2019 Slot Booking
Candidates need to log in with their credentials provided at the time of application to book the exam time slot, as per their convenience. The slot booking for PESSAT 2019 has been released on the official website as per the dates released by the University. Candidates can get a direct link to book slots and download the admit card on this page. Though a candidate will be asked to choose 3 test cities(for B.Tech courses), the final allotment will be made by the University on the first come first basis and as per the seat and time slot availability.
Also, note that a candidate will not be further allowed to make changes, once having submitted their applications. So, it is advised to once go through your applications, before submitting the details.
PESSAT 2019 Preparation
Candidates will be easily able to crack PESSAT 2019 if they start their preparations well on time. As PESSAT won’t be of some extraordinary level, so it would just require your class 11th, 12th and graduation level (for those wanting to apply for M.Tech courses) clarification of important concepts. Focus on the syllabus prescribed for this entrance exam and prepare accordingly. Along with practicing your core science subject questions, candidates will additionally be required to focus on the English section( which will be carrying 20 marks in both B.Tech and M.Tech paper) as well.
Scholars and candidates who had appeared previous year, suggest that focussing on NCERT books along with practicing the previous years’ paper is more than enough to crack this entrance.
PESSAT 2019 Exam Pattern
In order to clear any entrance, it would be required for a candidate to know the syllabus and the exam pattern of that entrance. And along with that the basic knowledge of the computer(if it is an online computer based exam, like the PESSAT). The syllabus and exam pattern of both the B.Tech and M.tech courses have been provided below.
- Mode of Paper – Online Computer Based Test
- Duration of Paper(B.Tech) – 180 minutes
- Duration of Paper(M.Tech) – 120 minutes
- No. of Questions(B.Tech) – 180 questions
- No.of Questions(M.Tech) – 120 questions
- Sections Covered(B.tech) – Maths, Physics, Chemistry, and English
- Sections Covered(M.tech) – Maths, Analytical & Logical Ability, Computer Awareness and English Comprehension
- Marking Scheme – There will be no negative marking for any wrong responses provided by a candidate
|Course||PESSAT 2019 Syllabus|
|B.Tech Courses||Class 11th and 12th-course syllabus of PCM stream and basic grammar knowledge for the English section.|
|M.Tech Courses||Senior Secondary PCM knowledge, along with the knowledge of course specific graduation level topics. Along with practicing some authentic material covering Analytical & Logical Ability, Computer Awareness, and English Comprehension sections.|
PESSAT 2019 Admit Card
PESSAT 2019 Admit Cards has been issued along with the slot booking only to those candidates who will submit their applications on time. The admit cards has been made available on the official website over the same slot booking portal. No candidate shall be allowed to enter the PESSAT 2019 exam center, without a valid admit card of PESSAT 2019. Before, downloading your admit cards, do go through each of the details printed on it. And in case of any typo errors, contact the issuing authority of the PES University at the earliest possible. Store your admit cards safely, even after the entrance have been conducted. As it will be required for further admission rounds and to complete the admission formalities.
PESSAT 2019 Result
After PESSAT 2019 have been conducted across all the test cities, the result will be released over the official website i.e www.pes.edu. Candidates need to log in with their application number and their registered email id, in order to view their PESSAT 2019 Result. If a candidate secures the minimum marks, as specified by the University, he or she will further be called for a round of counseling. Only after clearing the counseling round, a candidate will finally be allotted a seat in PES University, Bengaluru. The scores obtained in PESSAT 2019 will only be considered to be valid for the year, a candidate has appeared. Also, note that a candidate will be allowed to appear for PESSAT only once, a year.
PESSAT 2019 Test Centers
Usually, the test centers don’t change that frequently. Last year, PESSAT was conducted across 44 test centers for all the B.Tech specializations. The PESSAT 2019 Test Centers are not yet released. This page will be accordingly updated as soon as its release. Till that time, candidates can have a look at the various test centers!
PESSAT 2019 Fee Structure
The fee structure at PES University doesn’t tend to change, every year. This was last years data, if any changes made this year, it will be updated accordingly. Until that time, a candidate can get an estimate regarding what amount needs to be paid, in order to pursue an engineering discipline from PES University, Bengaluru.
|Course||Fee( in INR)|
| B.Tech in
||INR 3,20,000 per annum|
| M.Tech in
||INR 3,00,000 per annum|
Official website: www.pes.edu
If you have any doubts or queries, feel free to leave a comment in the section below. And we will revert back to you as soon as possible! 😀