SAAT 2019 – The exam date of SAAT 2019 has now been changed. The new SAAT 2019 Exam Date is April 14 to 28, 2019. The offline examination will be held on April 27, 2019. All other SAAT 2019 dates remain the same as earlier. Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan (SOA), deemed to be University has released the application form to apply for SAAT 2019 2 days prior to the scheduled date. The application form is now available from December 03, 2018 and will be available until March 31, 2019. The online mode of the exam will be held across 31 cities of the nation. However, the offline mode exam will be held only in the state of Odisha at 22 cities. Via SAAT, candidates will be granted admission to various UG and PG engineering courses. On this page, we have discussed the admission process in engineering courses of SOA, important dates, fees structure, syllabus of SAAT 2019, exam pattern, application process, and other important details.
The candidates will be granted admission only on the basis of SAAT 2019 merit followed by counselling. recently the exam dates of SAAT 2019 has been changed:
SAAT 2019 Dates
The online test of Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan (SOA) is held across India. However, the offline exam is conducted in the state of Odisha only. The candidates can check the important dates from the table below:
|SAAT 2019||Important Dates|
|Commencement of SAAT 2019 Registration||22 Nov 2018|
|Start of the application process|
|Last date to apply||31 Mar 2019|
|Download admit card||05 Apr 2019|
|Date of SAAT 2019||
|Date of result||04 May 2019|
|Choice Filling||05-08 May 2019|
|Choice Locking & Payment||06-08 May 2019|
|Date of Counselling||12 May 2019|
SAAT 2019 Application Form
Eligible candidates from all over the nation can apply for SAAT 2019. The application form for SAAT 2019 has to be filled online. Official website where application form submission can be done is www.soa.ac.in. Candidates should submit the form before the last date.
Steps to apply
Candidates can apply online by following steps given below.
- Decide which course to apply for and check the eligibility criteria of that course.
- Go to soa.ac.in and locate apply online link.
- Enter name, email ID mobile number.
- An OTP is generated and sent to mobile number – verify OTP.
- Enter all details asked in SAAT 2019 application form and ensure they are correct and verifiable.
- Upload recent colour passport size photo and signature.
- Complete form and submit it.
- Download and print application form for future reference. Submitted application form of SAAT 2019 can also be accessed through login.
- Successful submission of form is intimated through email.
Note: There is no Application/Examination Fee.
Are You Eligible To Appear In SAAT 2019?
Below we have discussed the programme wise eligibility criteria. These are the important norms that candidates must fit into so as to apply for SAAT 2019:
Pass or appearing (in the year 2019) at 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Chemistry / Computer Science / Information Technology /Biotechnology / Biology / Informatics / Statistics / Technical Vocational subject or any other subject as approved by appropriate authority with at least 45% marks (40% in case of SC / ST / OBC category).
Pass or appearing (2019) in B.Tech. or equivalent in the relevant field. Obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Examination.
Engineering Courses Offered at SOA
The following engineering UG and PG courses are offered via SAAT 2019:
B.Tech (4 years)
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
M.Tech (2 years)
a. Department of Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Environment & Climate
- Environment Climate Science & Technology
b. Department of Electrical Engineering
- Power Electronics & Drives
- Renewable Energy Engineering & Management
c. Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Communication System Engineering
- VLSI Design & Embedded Systems
d. Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Power Systems & Power Electronics
e. Department of Computer Science & Information Technology
- Computer Science & Informatics
f. Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Thermal Science & Heat Power Engineering
- Manufacturing Sciences & Engineering
- Mechanical System Design
g. Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Computer Science & Data Processing
How To Prepare For SAAT 2019?
Apart from knowing the admission process, it is also important to know how you can crack the admission test. Thus, you will need to know the preparation resources for the same and the pattern of the online examination. Thus we are here with all the relevant information.
SAAT 2019 Syllabus
For the syllabus, SOA has prescribed the SAAT 2019 syllabus for all programmes. Thus, candidates can find the same in the form of a PDF document compiled at one place. For B.tech Entrance Test the syllabus is almost as per JEE Main syllabus. For M.Tech SOA as specified the topics that will be included in SAAT 2019.
- Click Here for detailed syllabus.
SAAT 2019 Important Books For Preparation
For Important Books, candidates will have to refer to NCERT first of all. Those candidates who are interested in B.Tech admission must complete their preparations from NCERT books first. Next, they can use few important reference books that are most recommended for SAAT 2019. For M.Tech too, there are few important books that can be referred too.
- Click Here for the complete list of B.Tech and M.Tech important books of SAAT 2019.
SAAT 2019 Preparation Tips
Now to be able to prepare for SAAT 2019, candidates need to utilise the important books and syllabus wisely. They need to have a proper strategy to be able to do so. Time management for preparation is quite crucial. One needs to manage their time between important topics, topics they are weak in and topics that need more practice. Therefore accordingly candidates have to plan their SAAT 2019 preparations.
- Click Here to know how to prepare a study timetable for preparation.
SAAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for SAAT 2019 will be as follows:
✏ Marking Scheme: Each correct answer fetches 4 marks. There is negative marking. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
✏ Time: 120 minutes
✏ Type of questions: MCQs
✏ Mode: Online
This pattern will be same for B.Tech and M.Tech both.
SAAT 2019 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
The SAAT 2019 Hall Ticket will be issued only to those eligible candidates who will have submitted their online application forms complete in all respects, on or before the last date as specified. The Hall Ticket will contain name, photograph, programme, subject, address of the candidate, the address of the Test Centre allotted and test schedule. The hall ticket, admit card can be downloaded by logging in to the registered accounts. No candidate will be permitted to attend the test without a valid Hall Ticket. The Hall Ticket should be presented to the invigilators for verification. Also, it should be preserved and produced at the time of counselling and admission.
SAAT 2019 Exam Centre
The SAAT 2019 exam will be conducted in online mode across the following cities all over India:
- Srinagar/ Jammu
The offline exam will be held across the following cities in Odisha itself:
SAAT 2019 Merit List / Result
A separate merit list for all qualifying candidates shall be prepared on the basis of SAAT 2019 scores. Separate merit lists will also be drawn for candidates qualifying under each of the reservation categories. In addition to the merit list, each qualified candidate will also be able to download their rank card from the official website. On the basis of the scorecard and merit list, the candidates will be called for the counselling rounds. The counselling schedule will be uploaded on the website of Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan (SOA).
SAAT 2019 Counselling
On the basis of SAAT 2019, Merit List candidates will be called for the counselling rounds and seat allotment process will take place. The schedule of the counselling rounds will be put up on the website of SOA after the results are declared. Also, the availability and allotment of seats will determine the admission of the qualifying candidates. But before appearing for the counselling rounds candidates have to submit their Branch Preference by entering few details on the website.
The details have to be submitted before the last date, the details that are to be filled during branch preference are Name, date of birth, phone number, email id, father’s name, education qualification, SAAT application number, category, SAAT rank, branch preferences. The branch preference form will look like the one below:
SOA Reservation Policy
- 15% and 7.5% seats in all programmes are reserved respectively for candidates belonging to Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe by birth (not by marriage or adoption).
- Separate merit lists will be drawn up for each reserved category. If eligible candidates belonging to one reserved category are not available, seats can be filled up by the candidates belonging to the general category.
- 3% seats are reserved for physically disabled (PH) candidates for admission to engineering/technology.
- 30% of seats under each category for all the programmes are reserved for women candidates.
- No reservation norms are applicable for lateral entry admissions.
B.Tech. – Rs. 2,29,000/- Per Annum
M.Tech. – Rs. 1,28,000/- Per Annum.
Official Website: www.soa.ac.in