JEE Main 2019 Topper Shubhankar Gambhir is from Kota, Rajasthan. He is one of the top 15 candidates of the JEE Main 2019 January exam. He has scored a perfect 100 percentile. He says that the new conducting body made him nervous. However, knowing that the best scores of both the exams will be used for ranking he was relieved. Shubhankar Gambhir was declared topper when NTA had released the JEE Main 2019 Result on January 19, 2019. His preparation included 8 hours of self-study and revisions. Know about him in details below.
Profile: JEE Main 2019 Topper Shubhankar Gambhir
Shubhankar Gambhir is planning to appear in the April exam too. The April exam is to be held from April 07 – 20, 2019. The registrations are from February 08, 2019. He says appearing in both the attempts would act as “a full syllabus preparation test” for him.
Here is all you need to know about him:
Name: Shubhankar Gambhir
JEE Main 2019 Jan Exam scores: He has scored an overall 100 percentile in the JEE Main 2019 January attempt.
Family Background: His father is an Engineer. His sister is pursuing commerce.
Coaching: Resonance coaching Institute
Dream College: IIT Bombay and wants to pursue computer science
His Success Mantra: Focussed brain is important, and there is a need for vigorous self-study. In addition to that, good time management and self-confidence will take you places.
Shubhankar Gambhir’s Preparation Strategy
His preparation strategy involved a lot of hard work, revisions and solving previous years’ question papers. In addition to that, he has worked on building time management and confidence.
- His preparation included – Solving previous years’ question papers, 8 hours of self-study, and appearing in lots of tests. He analyzed how he performed in every test to prepare accordingly ahead.
- His Board Exam and JEE Main balancing Strategy – He took the JEE Main and Board Preparations together. Now that the January exam is over he is focussing on board preparations and thereafter he will move to JEE advanced preparations.
- Advice – He says that the exam held by NTA is more knowledge-based. Thus the candidates need to focus on working on their basics and clearing the concepts. Correct the weaker sections fist.
Shubhankar Gambhir’s Analysis of The JEE Main 2019 January Exam
Most of the questions were on applied Knowledge. The exam this year had lesser questions which tested memorizing ability or cramming.
During the exam, keeping a focussed mind is necessary. He says that the brain gets complacent while reading the same subjects for a longer duration of time. Thus he kept switching the subjects after completing the 15 questions.
What We Learn From Shubhankar Gambhir
The above interview excerpt proves the following point about JEE Main preparations:
- Right mind frame during the exam is mandatory.
- Make sure to clear all the doubts.
- Take time for self-study.
- Solve previous years question papers and take tests.
- Also, work on time management nd confidence building.
JEE Main 2019 April Exam
Did you not score too well in the January attempt? Well, you have another attempt of JEE Main 2019. This attempt will be held from April 06 to 20, 2019. The registrations for the same is starting from February 08, 2019. The Candidates can know all about the JEE Main 2019 April attempt – Here.
All JEE Main 2019 Preparation Resource compiled in one place, check this article: JEE Main 2019 Preparation – Mock Tests, IIT-PAL, Books, Exam Pattern, Syllabus