Thapar University Admission 2019 – Thapar Institute Of Engineering And Technology (deemed to be University) is located in the state of Punjab at Bhadson Road, Patiala. This Institute provides Multidisciplinary UG, PG and Ph.D. courses in Engineering as well as in other programmes. National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has accredited Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (TIET) with an ‘A’ grade. This private university is a pioneer in engineering education, research, and innovation. Read more about this University, it’s admission process, fee structure, scholarships, courses, campuses and much more in this article below.
Thapar University Admission 2019
Establishment: TIET was founded in 1956
Type: Private (Deemed to Be University)
Area: Spread across sprawling 250 acres
Campuses: Two – TIET, Patiala and TIET, Dera Bassi
Location: The Patiala campus is situated in Bhadson Road, Patiala, Punjab. However, the Dera Bassi campus is located at Off Derabassi, Barwala road District Mohali.
|Hostel (Boys and Girls)|
|Clubs and Societies|
Thapar University Admission 2019 Courses Offered
The following courses are being offered at TIET.
B.E and B.Tech Courses
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering – Patiala Campus
- Computer Science & Engineering – Derabassi Campus
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Electronics (Instrumentation & Control) Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Production)
- B.Tech – Biotechnology
Other UG Engineering Courses:
- B.E. – Lateral Entry
- DUAL DEGREE (BE-MBA) PROGRAMME
- BE-MBA Mechanical Engineering
- BE-MBA Computer Engineering
- BE-MBA Electronics and Communication Engineering
M.E. and M.Tech Courses
- M.E. – Computer Science & Engineering
- M.E. – Software Engineering
- M.Tech. – VLSI Design
- M.E. – Electronics & Communication Engineering
- M.E. – Electronic Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- M.E. – Power Systems
- M.E. – CAD/CAM Engineering
- M.E. – Production Engineering
- M.E. – Thermal Engineering
- M.E. – Structural Engineering
- M.E. – Infrastructure Engineering
- M.Tech. – Biotechnology
- M.Tech. – Chemical Engineering
- M.Tech. – Environmental Science & Technology
There are other multidisciplinary courses offered at Thapar University other than engineering. Know more…
Thapar University Admission Process 2019
The admission in TIET is done in the following manner:
- B.E/B.Tech admissions: Via JEE Main only.
- M.E/M.Tech admissions: Via University’s own entrance test.
Eligibility for admission:
- 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Technical Vocational subject OR Minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST candidates) marks in a Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3-year duration.
- at least 72 aggregate marks (54 marks for SC/ST candidates) in JEE (Main)
- passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 75% marks (70% for SC/ST candidates) in an aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, and Technical Vocational subject.
- At least 60 aggregate marks (42 marks for SC/ST candidates) in JEE (Main).
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 80% marks (75% for SC/ST candidates) in an aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, and Technical Vocational subject.
- At least 45 aggregate marks (30 marks for SC/ST candidates) in JEE (Main)-2018.
B.Tech. – Biotechnology Courses:
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates) in an aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry and, Biology.
- At least 20% aggregate marks (15% for SC/ST candidates) in NEET.
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 80% marks (75% for SC/ST candidates) in an aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- At least 15% aggregate marks (10% for SC/ST candidates) in NEET.
M.E./M.Tech Courses: The eligibility differs for each programme. Candidates can check the same in the image below:
Thapar University 2019 Fee Structure
Th total fee for the engineering programmes for the academic session 2019-20 is given in the table below:
|FOR SESSION||PROGRAMME||TOTAL FEE WITHOUT HOSTEL|
|2019-20||B.E./B.TECH./LEET (ME & CE)||1,69,000|
|B.E./B.TECH./LEET (EC & ECE)||1,57,900|
|M.E./M.TECH.- CSED,ECED, MED, EIED||81,380|
|M.E. / M.TECH. Others||72,980|
Thapar University 2019 Scholarship
The following scholarships are available in Thapar University for meritious and eligible candidates.
- Merit-Cum-Means Scholarships
- Merit-Cum-Means (other) Scholarships
- IM Thapar Scholarships
Thapar University Placement Records
Below is the available placement record for TIET.
|Academic Year||Companies Visiting TIET||Number of students placed|
|Single Offer||Multiple Offers||Total Placed||Total Offers|
- J.P. Morgan
- larsen and Tourbo
- Maruti Suzuki
Distinguished Alumni Of Thapar University
Below are few of the renown personalities that were a part of TIET once and are now top notch positions in their fields:
- 2017 Batch – Rajesh Uppal (Executive Director of IT & Training academy function at Maruti Suzuki)
- 2017 Batch – Commodore Rakesh Anand (Chairman and Managing Director, Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL), Mumbai)
- 2003 Batch – Er. Maharaj Kishan Trisal (President & CEO, GE Motors India Ltd.)
- P.O. Box 32, Bhadson Road, Patiala, Punjab, Pin -147004, India
- +91-6239397843, +91-6239398225, +91-8288008120, +91-8288008121
- [email protected]