TIET M.Tech Admission 2019 – Thapar Institute Of Engineering & Technology is a renowned deemed university, located in the state of Punjab. It conducts offline entrances to fill in the seats under ME/M.Tech courses. It starts with it’s ME/MTech admission procedure by end of June. The application procedure of TIET M.Tech Admission 2019 is fully online. Candidate needs to register first on the official website thapar.edu in order to apply for further procedure. The exam conducting authorities of this private engineering institute holds offline entrance test and a round of personal interview to select its set of meritorious engineers to be. The first preference is given to all the GATE qualified students. Check this page out for other details on TIET M.Tech Admission 2019.
TIET M.Tech Admission 2019
The entrance test held for various ME/MTech courses is a 2 hr competitive test, covering engineering mathematics, general aptitude, and knowledge of the discipline applied for. According to the previous year, at least 30% for GEN and 25% of SC/STs was required to qualify for the next round. Check the important dates for TIET M.Tech Admission 2019 from the schedule below.
|TIET M.Tech Admission 2019 Event||Important Dates|
|Last date of receiving online application||4th week of Jun 2019|
|Date of ME/MTech Entrance Exam||2nd week of Jul 2019|
|Result Announcement||2nd to 3rd week of Jul 2019|
|Last Date of submission of application forms for NRI/FN candidates||2nd week of Jul 2019|
|Counseling Round for GATE qualified students||1st week of Jul 2019|
|Counseling Round for Other selected students||2nd week of Jul 2019|
|Last Date To Deposit Fee||3rd week of Jul 2019|
|Orientation Program||4th week of Jul 2019|
TIET M.E/M.Tech Admission 2019 Syllabus
Thapar University organizes an entrance test for its students, who wish to get a seat in ME/MTech Admissions 2019. Unlike most private university entrances, this test is not online. It is a 2 hr, 90 marks paper with no negative marking in it. The entrance test has 3 sections to it – Engineering Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Up to Graduation level knowledge of the subject, opted for. Below we’ve mentioned the syllabus of the entrance test in detail.
- Engineering Mathematics – Linear Algebra, Calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability and Equations, Numerical Methods
- General Aptitude – Verbal Ability, Numerical Ability
- For ME – CAD/CAM Engineering/Thermal Engineering/Production Engineering, candidates need to prepare Design, Thermal Energy, Production and Industrial Engineering
- For ME – Structural Engineering/Infrastructure Engineering, candidates need to prepare Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Highway and Transportation Engineering, Water Resources and Hydraulics, Environmental Engineering, Surveying and Construction Management
- For ME – Electronics & Communication Engineering and M.Tech. – VLSI Design, candidates need to prepare Communication Systems, Electromagnetism Antennas, Analog and Digital Circuits, Networks, Fundamentals of Computer Programming and Data Structures, Microprocessors and Computer Architecture
- For M.E. – Computer Science & Engineering and Software Engineering, candidates need to prepare Digital Logic, Computer Organization, Programming Methodology, Data Structures, Algorithms for Problem Solving, Complier Design, Operating Systems, Database Systems, Computer Networks, Theory of Computation
Click here to check the detailed syllabus for each ME/MTech course.
How to prepare for TIET M.E/M.Tech Admission 2019?
For Thapar University ME/MTech admission 2019, candidates need to appear for an entrance test. The entrance test for which one needs to appear for is not of that much of difficult level.
- Candidates need to be clear with their graduation level syllabus plus senior secondary class science and maths subject. Check the syllabus for other important topics, that candidates need to prepare.
- To get an idea of the questions that can be asked in the examination, candidates need to able to solve mock test papers and sample papers with maximum speed and accuracy.
- Make a preparation chart. And try to keep the pace of your learning, complying with it.
- Make notes beforehand for your last minute revision purposes.
- Try to gather authentic recommended books, after you have finished with your prescribed syllabus. Try consulting your parents, tutor or teachers, who are from engineering field.
Click Here to find all the relevant details regarding preparation and its material.
Eligibility criteria TIET M.E/M.Tech Admission 2019
The general eligibility criteria for M.E/M.Tech admissions in Thapar University shall be applicable primarily, on the basis of GATE score and have obtained 60% in the qualifying exam(55% in case of SC/STs). If any vacancy, admissions will be conducted on the basis of the marks obtained by an applicant in the offline entrance test. Candidates can check the course wise eligibility, listed below:
|M.E. – CAD/CAM Engineering/Production Engineering/ Thermal Engineering||He/she must have a B.E./B.Tech. degree in any of the following discipline:|
|M.E. – Infrastructure Engineering||He/she must have a|
|M.E. – Structural Engineering||He/she must have a B.E./B.Tech. degree in Civil Engineering|
|M.E. – Computer Science & Engineering||He/she must have a B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline of Engineering or any of the following:|
|M.E. – Software Engineering||He/she must have a B.E./B.Tech. degree in any of the following:|
|M.E. – Electronics & Communications Engineering||He/she must have a degree in Electronics & Communication|
|M.Tech. – VLSI Design|
|M.E. – Electronic Instrumentation & Control Engineering||He/she must have a B.E./B.Tech. degree in either of these disciplines listed below:|
|M.E. – Power Systems||He/she must have a B.E./B.Tech. degree in any one of these fields:|
|M.Tech. – Biotechnology||He/she must have a B.E./B.Tech. degree in any one of these domains:|
|M.Tech. – Environmental Science & Technology||He/she must have a B.E./B.Tech. degree in any of the following:|
|M.Tech. – Chemical Engineering||He/she must have a B.E./B.Tech. degree in any of these courses:|
TIET M.E/M.Tech Admission 2019 Seat Intake
Thapar University offers a different number of seats per course to candidates belonging to different courses.
|Course Name||Number Of Open seats||Number Of Sponsored seats||Number Of SC/ST reserved seats|
|M.E. – CAD/CAM Engineering||19||5||6|
|M.E. – Production Engineering||10||5||3|
|M.E. – Thermal Engineering||19||5||6|
|M.E. – Infrastructure Engineering||19||5||6|
|M.E. – Structural Engineering||19||5||6|
|M.E. – Computer Science & Engineering||42||5||13|
|M.E. – Software Engineering||19||5||6|
|M.E. – Electronic Instrumentation & Control|
|M.E. – Power Systems||19||5||6|
|M.E. – Electronics & Communication|
|M.Tech. – VLSI Design||19||5||6|
|M.Tech. – Biotechnology||10||5||3|
|M.Tech. – Environmental Science & Technology||10||5||3|
|M.Tech. – Chemical Engineering||10||5||3|
TIET M.E/M.Tech Admission 2019 Application Form
Thapar University releases its ME/MTech application form online on their official website. Candidates first need to register in order to fill their online application forms. The application forms will be considered to be successfully submitted only after the payment of the specified application form fee. Before filling up the online application form make sure you check the various eligibility norms listed by the University.
Click here to get all the necessary details regarding Thapar University ME/MTech Admission 2019 application form.
TIET M.E/M.Tech Admission 2019 Scholarship/Assistantship
Thapar University considers providing a scholarship to all those candidates opting for any ME/MTech course with a valid GATE score. The amount and approval are done by AICTE or any other equivalent, well – recognized funding agency. Also, TIET provides assistantship and makes it mandatory for every such student to devote 8-10 hours per week of work, relating to teaching or research as alotted by the University.
As per last year, a scholarship of 8,000 INR per month for 10 months in an academic year was extended to every GATE qualified students who are not getting any scholarship from AICTE or any other funding authority. Students under this scholarship scheme will be obligatory to take up teaching load for 8-10 hours, every week.
TIET M.E/M.Tech Admission 2019 Admit Card
For ME/MTech Admissions entrance test 2019, the Thapar University of Engineering and Technology will release its admit card in the first week of July 2019. Candidates after filling their application forms online can get their admit cards by logging in with their credentials or can download the same from their registered emails. It will not be personally parcelled by the University, also no notification will be sent regarding the issue date of the admit card via message.
The TIET ME/MTech 2019 admit card other than containing exam related details would also include some of the personal details of the applicant. Candidates need to paste a recent passport size photograph, after taking out a print out and carry it to the center along with an ID proof. Note that, no candidate will be allowed to appear for the entrance test if he/she forgets to carry the admit card to the examination center.
TIET M.E/M.Tech Admission 2019 Test Centers
Candidates can only appear for TIET M.E/M. Tech Admission 2019 entrance test for programs
offered by CSED, CED, MED, ECED is held in Patiala, Punjab. Though, other courses’ entrance test has other venues like Derabassi Campus of Thapar University or New Delhi, but for TIET M.E/M.Tech candidates need to appear for the entrance in Patiala on the particular date and time, allotted by the University. Candidates should not forget to carry the admit card with an identity proof on the day of the entrance.
TIET M.E/M.Tech Admission 2019 Result
Candidates can find the TIET M.E/M.Tech Admission 2019 Result online on the official website. TIET M.E/M.Tech Admission 2019 Result will be announced in the month of July 2019. Candidates will find the “result link” on the main page. One must enter the examination roll number and other mandatory fields to view their result. The result for every discipline under ME/Mtech is published separately and the qualifying score for each is also different. Also, note that all candidates who didn’t have to have to appear for the entrance (like GATE qualified candidates), the merit list will be released for them as well along with other candidates.
TIET M.E/M.Tech Admission 2019 Counselling
After the results are declared and the merit lists have been published, the next step is that to go through a round of counseling. It will be a personal interview round after which candidates need to deposit the fee and freeze the seat. The counseling round usually starts in the month of July. And that an orientation programme is held by July end to introduce the new batch to the course and the University. Candidates need to carry a list of documents on the day of personal interview, those include:
- A copy of filled application form
- Digital mark sheet of 12th or graduation or diploma or post graduation
- Date of Birth Proof – Matriculation Certificate or Senior Secondary Certificate
- Result and Admit Card of the entrance test
- GATE scorecard
- Medical Fitness Certificate and Character Certificate of the candidate
- Category Certificate(if a candidate belongs to any reserved category)
- Migration Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Affidavit if the candidate has discontinued his/her studies
- Affidavit signing Anti Ragging clause by parents and the candidate
- Affidavit of Anti-Alcohol/Drug Abuse by a student and his/her parent
- Affidavit if the candidate hasn’t appeared for the qualifying exam for whatsoever reason.
TIET M.E/M.Tech Admission 2019 Fee Structure
TIET M.E/M.Tech Admission 2019 Fee Structure has been listed below. Although, for all the Indian students fees payable at the time of admission for all courses is 22,000 INR. In case of candidates belonging to NRI/ FN category, fees payable at the time of admission is 450 US$. Candidates can check the fee structure for various courses.
|M.E./M.TECH.-CSED,ECED,MED, EIED Semester 1||74,450|
|M.E. / M.TECH.Others Semester 1||67,100|
|M.E./M.TECH.- CSED, ECED,MED, EIED Semester 2||81,380|
|M.E. / M.TECH.Others Semester 2||72,980|
|M.E. / M.TECH.Others SAARC students per annum||IS|
|M.E. / M.TECH.Others GULF Nations, South East Asia& African Nations||3,500 US$|
|M.E. / M.TECH.Others Rest Of World||4,000 US$|
Official Website: www.thapar.edu