Aspiring candidates who are looking to pursue higher studies in Marine Engineering can apply for admission in Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI). TMI provides B.Tech Marine Engineering courses. Thus, eligible and interested candidates can apply for admission in this University. However, to qualify for admission candidates have to crack the entrance exam of the university. This exam is called Tolani Maritime Institute Science Aptitude Test (TMISAT). TMI will conduct TMISAT 2019 in the month of May 2018. For the same candidates have to fill an online application form, collect their admit card and appear in the examination. TMISAT 2019 will be in online mode across several test centers in India. Also, appearing in India Maritime Common Entrance Test (IMU CET) is also mandatory for admission in TMI.
Thus, candidates can read below to know every detail about TMI and the admission process via TMISAT 2019.
Candidates must make sure to follow the dates of application for and TMISAT 2019 dates closely. TMISAT is known to be conducted on different dates at different test centers. Therefore, candidates have to keep a check on this table below. We will update the centers and dates as soon as the TMISAT 2019 dates are announced. Candidates are also provided admission in B.Tech Lateral Entry via TMISAT 2019.
|TMISAT 2019||Important Dates|
|Commencement of application form submission||Jan 2019|
|Last date to apply||4th week of May 2019|
|Admit Card||4th week of Apr 2019|
|Date of exam||1st week of May 2019|
|Declaration of TMISAT Results||Scores are seen immediately after the exam|
|Course starts on||Jul 2019|
Important: Aspiring candidates have to appear in two entrance test for admission in TMI
- TMISAT 2019 – Conducted by TMI
- IMU CET 2019 – Conducted by Indian Maritime University
Selection Process of Tolani Maritime Institute
The selection process of Tolani Maritime Institute is a bit different. Thus here is a flowchart to explain the selection process with ease. Each stage of the selection process is discussed below on this page in details. Also, we have provided the preparation resources for TMISAT 2019.
TMISAT 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates before starting with their online application form must know whether or not they are eligible for admission in TMI. Here are the mandatory eligibility criteria for TMISAT 2019:
Qualifying in IMUCET is mandatory for admission.
Age: Male candidates born on or after 1st September 1998 are eligible to apply for the 2019 batch. In accordance with Government of India guidelines, there is a two year age relaxation for female candidates and girls born on or after 1st September 1996 are eligible to apply for the 2018 batch.
Minimum age of a candidate shall be 17 years.
Gender: Both Male and Female candidates are eligible to apply.
Marital Status: Only unmarried candidates are eligible to apply.
You must have successfully completed the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent with:
- At least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (P C M), and
- At least 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII
The Institute has laid down detailed minimum physical fitness and medical standards. The candidate has to meet these standards to qualify for admission. You are advised to have yourself medically examined by competent doctors before applying. This will ensure that you meet the minimum requirements, which in turn will avoid disappointment at a later stage. To know the physical fitness and medical standards – click here.
For B.Tech Lateral Entry:
- Unmarried candidates of either sex, less than 24 years of age
- Candidates must have successfully completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Diploma in Marine Engineering from any Institute approved by AICTE with at least 60% marks overall and should have complete the Diploma within the stipulated period of 3 years
- Candidates should have secured 50% marks in English in 10th Std or 12th Std
TMISAT 2019 Application Form
Candidates can only apply in one mode. The mode available to the candidate is filling up the online application form.
Here is are the brief steps of the application process, for detailed process please click here.
- Fill the online application form
- pay the application fee
- Take print of the application form and transaction receipt and send it to TMI.
- If the mode of payment id DD, send it along with the filled in application form.
While sending the printed online application form candidates have to attach to attach the following documents:
- A printed copy of the application form and the summary generated after an application is made through this website
- Two identical recent passport size photographs with name & form no. written at the back.
- Self-attested Copies of certificates and/or mark sheets of your 10th and 12th examinations (or its equivalent). Applicants who have not received 12th mark sheet may submit a bonafide certificate from the head of the school or college where they appeared for these exams
- Self-attested Copy of Birth Certificate (for proof of age and place of Birth).
- Downloaded copies of class XII mark sheet (on receipt) from internet attested by school Principal
- Copies of certificates for sports and any other extracurricular activities, if available (from Std. VIII and above only).
- Online transaction receipt, if paid online, or Demand Draft.
TMISAT 2019 Preparation
To crack TMISAT 2019, candidates must know what to prepare for the test. Thus, it is important to dig up the syllabus, important books and other preparation resources for the same. Here are the preparation resources for TMISAT 2019:
The syllabus of TMISAT 2019 is based on 11th and 12th CBSE standard Physics and Mathematics syllabus. Read more…
Candidates must complete preparing form NCERT books initially to get hold of the basics. Later for practice and application of concepts candidates should use the reference books. Read more…
It is important to prepare as per a proper plan. Because unless you divide your time between the chapters strategically, you can not efficiently utilise the syllabus. Thus, it is important to have a proper preparation plan. This will include dividing the syllabus as per the availability of time and your daily schedule.
TMISAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The pattern of the examination will be as follows:
Mode of Examination: Online
Total Duration: 1 Hour
Type of Questions: MCQs
Total Questions: 30 (Physics ), 30 (Mathematics), 10 (Analytical), 10 (Logical Reasoning)
Marking Scheme: There will be negative marking for questions answered incorrectly in Mathematics and Physics.
|Physics||Syllabus of class 11 and 12||1 hour|
|Mathematics||Syllabus of class 11 and 12|
A personal interview will take place on the same day after the exam at the same center. In the personal interview, the panel looks for qualities in a candidate suitable for maritime professionals. Their skills, leadership potential, clarity of thought, maturity and reasoning abilities are checked. Extracurricular achievements are also seen.
TMISAT 2019 Admit Card
Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI) will issue the TMISAT 2019 Admit Card. Without the admit card candidates will not be able to participate in the test at their allotted center. The name of the center where the candidate will have to appear for the examination will be also printed on the admit card. It will carry details such as your name, enrollment number, test venue details and the examination timings. You can check the availability of your admit card from the official website tolani.edu.
The applicants will be required to download the TMISAT 2018 admit card by entering their registration number and email id/date of birth. The admit card will be issued to you only if you have filled the application form correctly.
TMISAT 2019 Result
Similar to all other information, the declaration of Result by TMI for TMISAT 2019 will be in the online mode only. The result will be available on the official website. Although candidates must note that the marks scored by them will be seen immediately after the examination is over on their computer screen.
But the final result or merit list will be available later on the website. The selection will be based on candidate’s 10+2 PCM marks, rank in IMUCET, the result of the TMI online entrance exam, performance in an interview and satisfactory medical tests.
Fees and Expenses of TMI
|IMU Program Fee||25,000|
|Exam & Evaluation Fee||33,100|
- Caution Deposit (Refundable) of Rs.10,000/- is payable on admission.
- The total approximate fee and expenses for the full program of four year period are Rs. 17.60 lakhs
- Fees and estimated expenses are indicative and are subject to change.
- Female students will be entitled to a waiver of 50% in Tuition fee for each semester.