TNEA 2019 – In the state of Tamil Nadu for Under Graduate Engineering Admissions, Anna University conducts Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA). There is no admission test for Under Graduate engineering admission in the state, thus admission is granted only via TNEA. Anna University is in charge of this counselling. Thus, eligible candidates who wish to take admission in UG courses in the state of Tamil Nadu have in the academic session 2019-20, must apply for TNEA 2019. For PG admission in engineering, a common entrance examination – TANCET 2019 is conducted by Anna University. But for UG admission candidates don’t have to go through any such entrance test. TNEA 2019 will be their only gateway for admission in engineering undergraduate courses after class 12th. Thus, keep reading below to know the process of TNEA 2019 and how to participate in the admission process.
In 2018, about 563 institutes had participated in TNEA. Through TNEA 2019 candidates will be able to take admission in B. E. & B. Tech. Degree Courses in University Departments and Constituent Colleges of Anna University. Also, in B. E. Degree Courses in Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering (Tamil Medium) in University Departments and Constituent Colleges of Anna University. candidates will be also offered seats in B. E. & B. Tech. Degree Courses in Government, Government Aided and Seats Surrendered by Self-Financing Engineering Colleges affiliated to Anna University. But to take admission candidates have to stay updated about the TNEA 2019 events and their dates. Therefore note it from the table below:
|The release of Notification||4th week of Apr 2019|
|Commencement of Online Registration||1st week of May 2019|
|Last Date of submission of application form||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Generation Of Random Numbers||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Generation of E-call letter||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Commencement of Certificates verification at TFC’s||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Commencement of online choice filling & confirmation||1st week of Jul 2019|
TNEA 2019 Admission Process – Simplified
Here is a brief picture of how the admission process of TNEA 2019 works. Each stage must be completed as per the schedule given above. Also, each stage is described further below on this page. It is very important the candidates understand the admission process very clearly. there are few terms that may confuse the candidates like Random Numbers. But not to worry, we have described everything in this article.
TNEA 2019 – Important terms and their meanings
What are TFCs? Anna University has established various TNEA Facilitation Centre (TFCs) in the state. Candidates have to select their preferred/nearest TFC and visit the same for completion of various stages during the admission.
What are Random Numbers? TNEA 2019 random numbers will be assigned to all the registered candidates. This number is used as a tie-breaking criterion when all the other tie-breaking norms are exhausted. This is a 10 digit number.
What is E-Call Letter? This is an online letter published for the registered candidates. This intimates the candidates about their document verification time, date, and address of the TFC.
TNEA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must read and understand the TNEA 2019 eligibility criteria and then start with their application process. Here we have discussed the eligibility criteria in brief. If you still have questions you can ask in the comments section below.
Here are the general eligibility criteria for TNEA 2019:
- Tamil Nadu candidates who have passed 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Std. from schools situated in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They need not produce Nativity Certificate for verification.
- Tamil Nadu native candidates who have passed any of the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Std. or their equivalent examination from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu can also apply. They should produce Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate at the time of original certificates verification at TNEA Facilitation Centre (TFC).
- Other State candidates who have studied8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Std. in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They need not produce Nativity Certificate.
Qualifying Examinations and Eligibility
A pass in the HSC (Academic/Vocational) or its equivalent with a minimum average percentage in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry put together as given below.
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Eligibility for Marine Engineering Branch
- Candidates who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of the online application deadline.
- In addition to that, the Minimum Height must be 157 cm, Minimum Weight around 48 Kg and the Vision must be Normal.
TNEA 2019 Application Form
The application form of TNEA 2019 will be available in the online mode. Candidates can register from anywhere and anytime until the registration window is open. Also, candidates can take the help of TFCs to register online. Candidates have to register his/her name by providing a username and password. The candidate has to remember his/her username and password for further login and fill-up the application.
After successful registration, the application form will be available on the screen. Candidates have to fill and submit it. After the submission, the PDF file will be generated. save the PDF file and take print out of the same. It will be used in document verification stage….read more
Application Fee: The applicants are required to pay a sum of Rs. 500/- (Rs.250/- for SC/SCA/ST) towards application registration.
TNEA 2019 Random Number
This is a very unique feature of TNEA. After the registration process ends, all the registered candidates must get their random numbers from the official TNEA 2019 portal. This number is generated very randomly, and thus, no two numbers will be same by any chance.
Use of random Number: The random number of TNEA will be sued while preparing the merit list/rank list. There are tie breaking rules. When 2 or more candidates secure the same score tie-breaking criteria are applied. If a tie exists even after all the rules, the highest value of the random number generated will be used to break the tie.
TNEA 2019 E-Call Letter
An E-call letter which will contain the date, time and address of the TFC for original document
verification will be generated and shall be made available in TNEA portal. An E-mail and SMS will also be sent to the registered candidate about the same. thus, make sure you keep a track for your call letter as per the schedule. as per the notified schedule on the e-call letter, candidates must visit the TFCs.
TNEA 2019 Document Verification At TFCs
The candidate has to report to the TNEA Facilitation Centre on the date and time noted in their e-call letter for original certificates verification. Following documents in original must be carried by the candidates:
- Printed PDF of the online application form of TNEA 2019.
- 10th Mark Sheet
- HSC / Equivalent Mark sheet
- HSC Hall Ticket
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Community Certificate for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM (either a Permanent card or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate)
- Nativity Certificate (only in electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) – If applicable
- Income certificate
- First Graduate Certificate (only in electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) and First Graduate Joint Declaration
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee Certificate – If applicable
- Candidates who have applied for special reservation
- Relevant certificates for Son / Daughter of Ex-servicemen with Parent’s discharge certificate
and ID card
- Differently abled persons should bring Medical Certificate obtained from Medical Board
(Consists of 3 Doctors)
- Eminent sports persons* should bring all sports achievements certificates with necessary forms.
- Relevant certificates for Son / Daughter of Ex-servicemen with Parent’s discharge certificate
TNEA 2019 Rank List / Merit List
A merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the relevant subjects, namely, Maths, Physics, and Chemistry which will be reduced to 200 (Maths – 100, Physics – 50 and Chemistry – 50). The overall rank is prepared based on the merit list with the defined procedure for the tie-break. The overall rank and community rank will be published in the official TNEA Web portal annauniv.edu or tnea.ac.in. A week is reserved for addressing applicants’ grievances after the publication of the rank. In case of grievances, applicants can contact Anna University.
TNEA 2019 Counselling
As per the TNEA 2019 rank List, candidates will have to take part in the counselling rounds fo TNEA 2019. The applicants will be grouped based on their rank and each group of applicants will be
allowed to participate in counselling according to their turn. TNEA 2018 will have five rounds of counselling. The applicant has to login into the TNEA portal by using his/her user ID and Password for performing various activities in a particular round. The procedure for each round of counselling is as follows:
#1 Payment of Fees
Applicants have to pay an initial deposit of Rs. 5000/- for general category and Rs. 1000/- for SC / SCA / ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu, through online mode of payment (Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card) by using the TNEA portal, according to the payment schedule of the round.
The applicant can participate in the counselling only after the successful payment of the initial deposit. Hence applicants are advised to make the payment well in advance of the scheduled time.
#2 Choice Filling
After successful completion of payment, those applicants in the current round can add choices to their list (in order of preference) to be considered for allotment by using the TNEA 2019 portal. A choice refers to the branch of the college.
#3 Locking of Choices
- After adding their choices, applicants should lock their choices before the scheduled time on the third day from the commencement of the counselling round.
- After locking the choices, a PDF document containing the list of choices locked by the applicant will be sent to the applicant’s registered email with the generated integrity code. The integrity code is to prevent any further modification to the applicant’s choice list that has been submitted.
- If applicants fail to lock their choices within the stipulated time, the system itself will lock the
#4 TNEA 2019 Seat Allotment
Tentative Allotment: After the locking of choices by the applicants, the system will, tentatively, allot the choice based on rank and the applicant’s order of preferences. The same can be viewed the following day after locking the choices by the applicants through their login.
Submission of Allotment Options: After the tentative allotment, the applicant shall either confirm
or decline or reject the allotment. The different allotment options that can be exercised by the applicant are:
- Confirm the tentatively allotted choice.
- Confirm the tentatively allotted choice with upward movement.
- Decline the tentatively allotted choice and opt for upward movement.
- Decline the tentatively allotted choice and opt to participate in the next round of counselling as per the next round’s vacancy position.
- Quit Counselling
Final Allotment: After submission of allotment options, the final allotment will be done by the system
based on rank and the applicant’s allotment options that have been submitted. The final allotment
order can be viewed and downloaded by the applicants through their login in the TNEA Web portal.
Admission: After the final allotment, the applicant has to report to the respective college for admission on or before the last date specified in the provisional allotment order. The applicant shall remit the remaining fee (deducting the initial deposit paid to TNEA) at the time of admission in the college.
In case the applicant fails to join before the last date specified, he/she has to forfeit the seat and cannot claim his/her seat later. The provisional allotment made to him/her will be automatically cancelled.
Official Website: www.annauniv.edu