TNEA 2020 (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2020) Admission will be conducted by the Anna University. TNEA 2020 admission will be done for granting the admission in the various institutes of Anna University, Government and Government Aided Engineering Colleges and for the seats surrendered by Self-Financing Engineering Colleges across the state of Tamil Nadu. TNEA 2020 offers the admission to the various engineering courses. From this page, the candidate will get all the information related to TNEA 2020– Courses, Eligibility, Application Form, Merit List.
Eligible and interested candidate can register for TNEA 2020 Admission by the filling the application form till the last date of the submission of the application form. For more information regarding the TNEA 2020 candidate can through the below mentioned scheduled-
|The release of Notification||Last week of Apr 2020|
|Start Date of Online Registration||First week of May 2020|
|Last Date of submission of application form||First week of Jun 2020|
|Start Date of Certificates verification at TFC’s||02nd week of Jun 2020|
|Start date of online choice filling & confirmation||First week of Jul 2020|
Schedule for B.Arch-
|Start Date of Application||First week of Jul 2020|
|Last date for Application||03rd week of Jul 2020|
Vocational Courses for B.E. / B. Tech (TNEA 2020)
Candidate can check the courses offered details from below. This given information is based as per the last year information.
- General Machinist
- Electrical Machines and Appliances
- Electronic Equipment
- Draughtsman Civil
- Auto Mechanic
- Textile Technology
For the candidates, it will be necessary to full fill all the eligibility criteria. this below-given information is based on the last year details. Candidate can check the points regarding the eligibility criteria mentioned below-
- Students who passed the VIII, IX, X, XI and XII standard from the school situated in the Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply.
- Students having the citizen of Tamil Nadu passed the VIII, IX, X, XI, and XII Standard from the outside of the Tamil Nadu can also apply but the students need to show the valid birth Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate at time of certificate verification.
- Central Government Employees children can also apply for TNEA 2020 admission if the candidate parents (only if both parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past 5 years.
- Children of Public Sector or Government recognized Institutions can also apply for TNEA 2020 admission if the candidate parents (only if both parents are not alive) are employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past 5 years
- Children’s of All India service Tamil Nadu cadre officers are eligible to apply but they need to show the certificate at the time verification.
Srilankan Tamil Refugee
Srilankan Tamil Refugee who studied in Tamil Nadu will be considered under open competition. Following certificates are needed at the time of verification procedure-
- Identification certificate.
- Those who have not registered in the refugee camp should show the original passport, visa, and letter registered with Police Station.
- The students who pass the HSC (academic) should score the minimum aggregate criteria which are mentioned below-
|Category||Subjects||Minimum average Aggregate|
|General Category||Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry||50.00 %|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim||Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry||45.00 %|
|MBC & DNC||Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry||40.00 %|
|SC/SCA/ST||Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry||40.00 %|
- The students who pass in any one of the HSC (vocational subject) should score the minimum aggregate criteria in one of the engineering subject i.e Maths, Physics, Chemistry is mentioned below-
|Category||Minimum aggregate marks Related Subjects, Vocational Theory and Practicals put together|
|General Category||50.00 %|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim||45.00 %|
|MBC & DNC||40.00 %|
Eligible and interested candidates can register by filling the application form till the last date. Candidate should register the single application form. The details which have been filled by the candidate that should be valid and correct. TNEA Facilitation Centre will be established for the selected cities. From the TNEA 2020 official website candidate can fill the application form by the online mode.
Candidate can also use the TFC for registration procedure and for the Fee Payment. The data preparation sheet will be prepared for the candidates for their use. This data preparation sheet helps the candidate during the filling up of the application form. Before filling the application form candidate need to fill the data preparation sheet.
After the successful registration procedure, the candidate will get the password for login. Candidate needs to remember the username and password for login. After the registration process, all the candidates will be given a random number for tie-breaking if it happens during the preparation of merit list.
This mentioned application fee detail is based on the last year application fee details.
- For General- Rs 500/-
- For SC/SCA/ST- Rs 250/-
- For Special Reservation Category – Rs. 100 (Additional)
How to register
- Firstly visit the official website of TNEA 2020
- Click at the link in which TNEA 2020 Application Form is mentioned
- Application Form page will open dill the asked details.
- Click at the submit button.
- Fee payment page will open pay the fee by using the credit card, debit card etc.
Note: Candidate can use TFC for registration.
Merit List Preparation
Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in the following subjects- Maths, Physics, Chemistry. These subjects marks will be reduced to 200 i.e Maths – 100, Physics – 50 and Chemistry – 50. Merit list will be get released at the official site of the TNEA 2020. If the candidate will have any queries related to the merit list candidate can contact to the office of the Secretary, TNEA at Anna University, Chennai 600 025.
Allocation of seats
Allocation of the seats will be based on the category wise reservation following the rules of Government of Tamil Nadu. This given detail is based as per the last year details. The following table shows the rules of reservation-
|Open Competition||31.00 %|
|Backward Class||26.50 %|
|Backward Class Muslim||3.50 %|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities||20.00 %|
|Scheduled Caste||15.00 %|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3.00 %|
|Scheduled Tribes||1.00 %|
TNEA Cut Off
Anna University releases the TNEA Cut Off for admission to various engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu. The cut-offs are made under 7 categories that are Open Competition, Backward Class, Backward Class Muslim, Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes.
How to check TNEA 2020 Cut Off
The steps to check the TNEA Cut Off are as follows.
- Go to the official website of the TNEA 2020.
- Click at the link in which TNEA 2020 cut off is mentioned.
- Now, select category, enter the Captcha and click on the Submit button.
- Check the cut-offs from the lists of colleges shown or search by District, Branch Or Code.
- Then click the Select button in front of the college name.
- Now, you will be able to check the TNEA Cut Off.
The candidate will be grouped on the basis of the merit list. Different rounds will be conducted for counselling process.
- Candidates will be required to pay a Rs.5000/- (Rs.1,000 for SC/SCA/ST) for college admission before adding choices. Three days will be provided in each round for candidates to decide their preference choices.
- The seats are then allotted tentatively based on the merit list and order of preference of choices provided by the candidates.
- Candidates are required to confirm the tentative allotment within the next two days. Candidates who are not allotted on the basis of there preference can take participation in another round of the counselling.
- After receiving the allotment options from the candidates of a round the final allotment will be done.
- The candidates will have to report the allotted institute within the given time peroid.
Original Certificates Verification at TNEA Facilitation Centre (TFC)
For the verification, candidates need to bring the below mentioned documents.
- 10th Mark Sheet
- HSC / Equivalent Mark sheet
- HSC Hall Ticket
- Transfer Certificate
- Permanent Residence Certificate for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC, and BCM.
- Birth Certificate (only in electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate) – If applicable
- Income certificate
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration.
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee Certificate – If applicable
- Candidates who have applied for special reservation have to show the following certificates-
- Relevant certificates for Son / Daughter of Ex-servicemen (Parents).
- Impaired abled persons will have to bring their Medical Certificate obtained from the Medical Board.
- Sportspersons will have to bring their all sports achievements certificates with necessary forms.