Tolani Maritime Institute Admission 2019- Tolani Maritime Institute is one of the largest maritime educational centers offering Marine Engineering and Nautical Science Degree Programs. These degree courses have been awarded A1 Grade (Outstanding) by class NK in the Comprehensive Inspection Programme. The major departments are Naval Engineering, Nautical Science, Naval Architecture, Pre Sea Training, ETO Training Courses. Tolani Maritime Institute conducts Tolani Maritime Institute Science Aptitude Test (TMISAT) for the students who want to take admission B.Tech Marine Course. It is mandatory for the students to appear in Indian Maritime Common Entrance Test (IMU CET) conducted by Indian Maritime University (IMU). Candidates applying for B.Tech course after the written examination will have to appear for the Personal Interview and then will have to appear Medical Examination Procedure. For more information about Tolani Maritime Institute, candidates can go through this article.
Tolani Maritime Institute Admission 2019
- Established: It was established in the year 1998.
- Type: It is a Private Institution.
- Location & Area: It is located at Talegaon- Chakan Road, Induri, Dhabade, Pune, Maharashtra 410507. The campus is spread over 100 acres in Pune.
- Campuses: There are 2 campuses of TMI namely TMI Induri, TMI Mumbai.
- Facilities: The campus have air- conditioned classrooms, a library, an auditorium. TMI has a centrally located sports complex, a large multi- purpose playing field, a man- made lake that can be used for sailing and numerous other sports facilities. TMI offers students the opportunity to get indulged in various clubs such as Adventure Club, Cookery Club, Reading & Writing Club, Arts & Craft Club etc. The campus is equipped with a modern and well equipped Primary Health Care Centre and Shopping complex, Transport and Banking facilities.
Courses Offered at TMI
At the Undergraduate level, TMI offers
- B.Tech Marine Engineering
- B.Tech (Lateral Entry)
- B.Sc. Nautical Science
At the Post-Graduate level, TMI offers one year master’s programme in:
- Marine Engineering
- Technical Ship Management
TMI offers Short Duration Courses also, namely DNS (IMU) Programme and Electro-Technical Officers Course (EMO).
Admission Process of TMI
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Marine Engineering
Candidates will have to match certain eligibility criteria set by the governing authority. Candidates can follow the below given points in order to take apply for B.Tech Marine Engineering.
- Candidates will have to qualify IMU CET and this is a mandatory to be cleared as without clearing this entrance examination, candidates will not be granted admission.
- Academic Qualification- Candidates must have completed 10+2 or its equivalent with:
i) at least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM)
II) at least 50% marks in English in class 10th or class 12th.
- Gender: Both Female and Male candidates can apply.
- Marital Status: Only unmarried candidates are eligible to apply.
- Age: Candidates born on or after 1st September 1998 can apply for the examination to be conducted in the year 2019. In accordance with the Government of India Guidelines, there is a two year age relaxation for female candidates and girls born on or after 1st September 1996 can also apply.
TMI has set certain ground rules about physical fitness and medical standards. It is mandatory that the candidates applying for any course in TMI will have to follow these certain criteria in order to take admission. Candidates are advised to have a full body checkup by the doctor before applying. To know about the detailed information about the medical and physical fitness standards set by TMI, Click Here.
Eligibility Criteria for Post- Graduate Programmes
- Candidates should have a Degree in Mechanical/ Marine/ Production Engineering.
Technical Ship Management
- Candidates must possess a B.E./ B.Tech Marine Engineering/ B.Tech / B.Sc. in Natural Science/ Technology
Eligibility Criteria for Short Duration Courses
The candidates who have passed 3 years Diploma with 60% marks or 4 year Degree including Lateral Entry with 50% marks in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication/ Communication Engineering or Electronics and Instrumentation or equivalent. Candidates should not be more than 35 years of age
DNS (IMU) Programme
Candidates applying for this course must be 25 years of age and should have secured at least 60% marks in PCM and 50% marks in English.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech (Lateral Entry)
Candidates applying for B.Tech (Lateral Entry) will have to match with certain eligibility criteria. Candidates can check the below given points for the same:
- Unmarried candidates of either sex, less than 24 years of age.
- Candidates must have Diploma in Mechanical Engineering/ Diploma in Marine Engineering from any institute approved by AICTE with at least 60% marks overall and should have completed Diploma within the stipulated 3 years time period.
- Candidates should have secured 50% marks in English in 10th or 12th standard.
Important Information- Candidates will have to appear in two entrance examinations if they want to pursue B.Tech Program at TMI.
Fees & Expenses at TMI
Candidates can check the table given below to know about the fee structure of TMI.
For B.Tech Courses
|Particulars||Amount (In Rs)|
|IMU Program Fee||25,000|
|Exam & Evaluation Fee||33,100|
- Caution Deposit (Refundable) of Rs 10,000/- is payable at the time of admission.
- The approximate total fee and expenses for the full program for the 4 year period is Rs 17.60 Lakhs.
- Female students will be given a waiver of 50% in Tuition Fee for each semester.
- Fees and other estimated expenses are subject to change.
The fee for Post- Graduate Courses is Rs 3 Lakhs for both courses i.e., Technical Ship Management and Marine Engineering (PG).
Scholarship for B.Tech Programme
TMI provides merit cum based scholarship, for each Marine Engineering on- campus semester, 17.5% students are awarded scholarships of approximately Rs 46 Lac per year.
The highest scholarship of Rs 40,000 is named as “Dr. C.P. Srivastava Scholarship.”
|Rank||Number of Scholarships||Amount|
|2 / 3||2||Rs 35,000 each|
|4 / 5||2||Rs 30,000 each|
|6 – 9||4||Rs 25,000 each|
|10 – 15||6||Rs 20,000 each|
|16 – 23||8||Rs 15,000 each|
|24 – 35||12||Rs 10,000 each|
Candidates can check the information provided below to know more about the scholarships provided under B.Tech Programme.
|TEF Need Cum Merit Scholarship||Rs 15,000|
|Mrs. Papu Tolani Scholarship||Rs 10,000|
|The Vasant J. Sheth Memorial Foundation Scholarships||Rs 30,000|
|Manbhaw Charitable Trust||Highest Rank- Rs 15,000
Second Rank- Rs 10,000
|NYK Lines, Japan||for those candidates who maintain satisfactory performance|
|K- Line, Japan||$ 200|
|Menghraj Karna Need-Cum-Merit Based Scholarship for Girls||Rs 10,000|
Placements at TMI
Some companies participate in the Internship Programmes, while Shore Based industrial companies have shown tremendous interests in recruiting the interns after graduation, ship managers and ship owners greatly give value to in depth knowledge gained by the interns and have recruited them for shipboard positions. Candidates can have a look at the TMI’s partners and recruiters from the list given below:
- Anglo Eastern Ship Mangement
- Chellaram Shipping
- BW Shipping
- Great Offshore
- Fleet Management
- MTM Ship Mangement
- Mediterranean Ship Company SA
- Nortrans Shipping & Trading
- Scorpio Marine MAngement
- Tolani Shipping
- Teekay Tankers
- Selandia Crew Management (I) Pvt. Ltd.
Shore Based Industrial Internship Partners
- Goa Shipyard
- Pipavav Shipyard
- Prabhu Vidya, TMI
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd.
Contact Details (TMI Induri)
Talegaon- Chakan Road
Telephone Number: +91 (2114) 66900, 24200
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax:+91 (2114) 669613, 242013
Contact Details (TMI Mumbai)
149-151, Sher-E-Punjab Society
Guru Gobind Singh Road
Telephone Number: +91 (22) 6133 5454
E-mail: [email protected]
Official Website: www.tmi.tolani.edu