TS EAMCET 2018 is conducted for admissions to the engineering courses in various colleges. From this year, TS EAMCET exam is being conducted online. Thus it is important that the candidates of this exam know how to attempt the online paper. They also should know about the general guidelines which they need to adhere to in the exam hall. Also, there are some general instructions which they have to follow before going in for the exam to avoid facing any difficulty on the D-Day.
Aspirants of TS EAMCET 2018 must read this page about TS EAMCET 2018 Online Exam and Exam Day Instructions and how to attempt the online paper and other important points about it.
TS EAMCET 2018 Instructions
TS EAMCET 2018 Exam is being conducted online for the first time. Candidates must be having many queries regarding this new introduction as to how to attempt it, what precautions to be followed and many more things. We are providing here all the necessary information about the online exam.
TS EAMCET 2018 Online Test Layout
The TS EAMCET 2018 Online Exam window will look like the one which has been given above. On the window, the candidate will be able to see the following details
- Their photograph on the top right corner of the window. The photograph might be clicked on the day of the exam or can be taken from the application form.
- The system number on the top left corner of the window. This is the number of the system which the candidate has been assigned to.
The candidate at this point will have to choose the language in which they want to take the exam.
How to login to the exam?
To start the TS EAMCET 2018 Exam, the candidate has to follow the steps as given :
- Login: The candidate will first login to the exam portal. To log into the portal, the candidate will have to enter the following details:
- Registration Number/Application Number
The password might be provided at the exam centre only. It may also be printed on the admit card. They will also have to choose the language in which they want to give the exam. The paper will be available in English and Telugu.
- Instruction Window: After logging into the portal, the candidate will next see the instruction window. It is necessary that the candidate reads all the instructions carefully before proceeding to the exam. The instruction window will look somewhat like the below picture.
The candidate has to scroll down to go through all the instructions and then click on Next in the bottom right corner. The instructions will be available in English and Telugu language.
- Declaration window: After clicking on the Next button, the candidate will see the declaration window along with some more instructions. They will also be able to see the paper pattern, and marks of each section. At the bottom of the screen, there will be a declaration box. It will contain some rules which the candidate has to accept. They have to click on that checkbox and then click on I am Ready to Begin.
As soon as they click on that button, the online test will start.
TS EAMCET 2018 Online Paper Layout
TS EAMCET 2018 Paper will start after the candidate has clicked on the button to begin. The aspirant will have to attempt the paper as per the instructions given below. Before attempting the paper, it is important that the candidate knows about all the things which they will see on the window.
Time and Sections of the Paper: The total time of the paper will be 180 minutes. The clock will be present at the top right corner of the question window. Candidates can check the remaining time by viewing that clock.
The three sections of the paper shall be displayed in the top left corner. Candidates are allowed to shuffle between the sections within the stipulated time.
Question Palette: On the right side of the screen, the candidate will be able to see the questions of that section. The candidate has to scroll through the question palette to go to a particular question.
There will be different colour codings of the question as according to the action taken by the candidate on the question.
- Green colour indicates the number of questions answered by the candidate.
- Orange colour indicates that the question has been visited by the candidate and is unanswered.
- Purple colour indicates that the question has been kept for review and is unanswered
- Purple colour with a small green dot indicates that the question has been answered and marked for review. It is to be noted that these answers will be considered for final evaluation, even if the candidate does not save the answer.
Candidates will also be able to see the instructions as well as the question paper. They will have to click on the respective link which will be on the top right corner of the question paper screen.
How to attempt the TS EAMCET 2018 Online Paper?
Follow the steps given below to attempt the TS EAMCET 2018 Online Paper-
Step 1: The candidate has to first click on the question which they want to answer
Step 2: There will be 4 answers to a question. The candidate has to choose the option which they think is right.
Step 3: After the candidate clicks on the answer, they will have to click on Save & Next button to move to the next question.
Step 4: If they want to mark a question for review, they can click on Mark for Review & Next to save the answer for the current question and then move onto the next question.
Features of the Online Paper
There are some salient feature of the TS EAMCET 2018 Online Paper. If the candidate is unsure of the answer, they will be able to change the answer. They will be able to clear the response as well in case if they want to clear the previous response to the question.
- To change the answer to a question, the candidate has to click on the option which they think is the right answer.
- To deselect an answer: Candidate has to click on the button of the chosen option again or click on the Clear Response button in the bottom left corner.
Note: To have more clarity on the complete TS EAMCET 2018 Online Paper, click here to watch the tutorial window.
Important Documents to be carried to the Exam Hall
There are some important documents which the candidate should possess with them during the exam. They need to bring these documents to the exam centre. They will not be allowed to take the exam if they forget to bring these items. Take note of what all the candidate have to carry on the exam day:
- The hall ticket of the exam with all the details of the candidate clearly visible on it.
- Blue or Black Ball Point pen for doing the calculations
- Filled In Online Application Form with Photo affixed and attested
- An attested copy of the caste certificate should be with the candidate on the day of the exam. (Only if they didn’t upload it during the application form filing)
Banned Items to the Exam Hall
There are some things which the candidate should not carry to the exam hall. These are the illegal things. Those in possession of these things will be banned from taking the exam. Note down the things which must not be with the candidate on the day of the exam.
- Cell Phones