UKSEE 2020 is a state level entrance examination conducted for admissions to the first year M.Tech Programme and to the second year B.Tech Programmes through lateral entry. It is conducted by Uttrakhand Technical University. The students who wish to take admission to the colleges of Uttrakhand will have to take this examination for the specified courses. To do so, they shall have to fill an application form for the exam. Before this, they will have to check the eligibility criteria of UKSEE 2020 Examination. It is important to do so. The admit card for UKSEE 2020 shall be released after the applications from the students have been received before the last date. It will contain various details and has to be brought on the exam day. The exam shall be conducted in both online and offline manner. UKSEE 2020 Result shall be declared after the exam has been conducted. On the basis of UKSEE 2020 Result, the counselling shall be conducted for admissions to the various courses. Read this page to know the complete details about UKSEE 2020 Exam and other important details about it such as how to fill the application form etc.
Apart from the above-mentioned programs, this exam is conducted for some other courses as well such as MCA, BHMCT, B. Pharmacy, MBA, M. Pharma, etc. Check this page to know the details about the engineering entrance and other such details about it.
UKSEE 2020 Important Dates
The students who are planning to appear for the exam must know the dates for this exam. It is important to know the UKSEE 2020 dates because all the events for the exam such as application form filling start and the last date, admit card release etc is according to the dates only. If the student misses any of the dates, they shall not be eligible to appear for the exam. Check out the expected dates for UKSEE 2020.
|UKSEE 2020||Important Dates|
|Availability of online application form||02nd week of April 2020|
|Last date of submission of online application form and fee||04th week of April 2020|
|Online download of Admit Card||01st week of May 2020|
|Date of Entrance Examination||02nd week of May 2020|
|Declaration of results||04th week of May 2020|
UKSEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
It is the first thing which the candidates must check before going on to the application form section. It is so because the application shall get rejected if it is found that the student is not eligible for the required courses as per the criteria set by the University. Take a look at the expected UKSEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
For B.Tech 2nd year Lateral Entry
- Passed Diploma examination from an AICTE approved Institution; with at least 45% marks in appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology.
- Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 45% marks and passed XII standard with mathematics as a subject.
- Provided that in case of students belonging to B. Sc. Stream, shall clear the subjects of Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics of the first year Engineering program along with the second year subjects.
- Provided further that, the students belonging to B. Sc. Stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
For M.Tech Courses:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field. They should have Obtained at least 50% marks in the qualifying Examination. They should refer to the complete criteria for each of the courses from the official brochure of UKSEE 2020.
Candidates can refer to the official website of UKSEE 2020 to check the complete eligibility criteria for the exam.
UKSEE 2020 Colleges for B.Tech/M.Tech
Aspirants of UKSEE 2020 must also be curious to know about the colleges which shall take the students on the basis of the UKSEE 2020 Scores. It is very much crucial to know because after the result have been announced, the students shall make a decision for the college where they would like to study. Take a look at all the colleges:
- Nanhi Pari Seemant Institute of Technology, Pithoragarh (Constituent College of UTU)
- THDC Institute of Hydro Power Engineering & Technology, Tehri Garhwal (Constituent College of UTU)
- Women Institute of Technology, Dehradun (Constituent College of UTU)
- Institute of Technology, Gopeshwar (Constituent College of UTU)
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Institute of Technology, Tanakpur, District – Champawat
- Bipin Tripathi Kumaon Institute of Technology, Dwarahat, Almora (Autonomous College
- G.B. Pant Engineering College, Ghurdauri, Pauri Garhwal (Autonomous College)
- College of Technology, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pant Nagar, US Nagar
- College of Basic Science and Humanities, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pant Nagar, US Nagar
- Amrapali Institute of Technology & Sciences, Shiksha Nagar, Lamachaur, Haldwani (Uttarakhand) – 263139
- Beehive College of Engg. & Technology, Central Hope Town, Selaqui, D.Dun-248001
- Bishambhar Sahay Institute of Technology, 06 Km. Stone, Roorkee, Distt- Hardwar-247 667 (Uttarakhand).
- Birla Institute of Applied Sciences, Industrial Area, Bhimtal, Distt- Nainital (Uttarakhand)
- Balwant Singh Mukhiya (BSM) College of Engineering, Roorkee
- College of Engineering Roorkee, 07Km. Roorkee-Hardwar Road, Vardhmanpuram, Vill- Firozpur, Roorkee (Uttarakhand) Pin-247667
- Doon Institute of Engineering & Technology, Vill- Shyampur, Rishikesh, Distt- Dehradun-249204 (Uttarakhand)
- Dev Bhoomi Institute of Technology, Navgaon, Manduwala, Dehradun
- G.R.D. Institute of Management & Technology, 214, Rajpur Road, Dehradun-248009
- Maya Institute of Technology & Management, Chakrata Road, Dehradun
- Roorkee College of Engineering, Plot No. 312, Vill. Bajuheri, Roorkee, Distt- Hardwar.
- Roorkee Institute of Technlogy, 08 KM. Dehradun Road, Puhana, Roorkee, Distt- Hardwar (Uttarakhand)
- Ramanand Institute of Pharmacy & Management, Jwalapur, Haridwar
- Surajmal Laxmi Devi Sawarthia Educational Trust, Siroli, Kichcha, Distt- U.S. Nagar, (Uttarakhand) Pin263148
- Shivalik College of Engg., Sihiniwala, Shimla Bypass Road, Post-Sherpur, Dehradun-248197
- Tula’s Institute, Dhoolkot, P.). Selaqui, Teh. Vikasnagar, Chakrata Road, Dehradun-248197 (Uttarakhand)
- M.I.E.T. Kumaon, Kaladhungi Road, Shikshanagar, Kaladhungi Road, Lamachaur, Haldwani,DisttNainital
- Phonics Group of Institutions, 12KM. Mile Stone, Bhagwanpur-Hardwar Highwar, Vil- ImliKhera, Dharampur, Roorkee, Distt- Haridwar (Uttarakhand)-24766
- Institute of Technology Roorkee (Coed College), 09 Mile Stone, Roorkee-Dehradun Highway, VillKishanpur, Roorkee-247667, Distt- Hardwar (Uttarakhand)
- J.B. Institute of Technology, NH-72, Vill- Shankarpur, Chakrata Road, D.Dunn-248197
- Faculty of Technology, UTU, Dehradun
They can refer to the official brochure of UKSEE to know the complete and detailed information about the seats and courses offered by these colleges.
UKSEE 2020 Exam Pattern
The students who shall apply for this exam to take admission to the technical programmes must know the exam pattern. It is an important thing which the candidates must definitely know because it will help them prepare in a much better manner and clear the exam in the very first attempt. Take a look at the expected UKSEE 2020 Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Examination: Offline and online. For offline mode, the candidate shall mark the answers with the help of Black/Blue Ball Point pen only.
- Nature of Questions: Multiple Choice Question
- Language of the Paper: English and Hindi
For M.Tech 1st Year Program
- Number of Question: 100
- Number of Sections: Aptitude, General Knowledge, Knowledge of Basic Mathematics & Computers and Common Engineering Subjects from B Tech
For B.Tech 2nd Year Lateral Entry
a) B. Tech., 2nd year (for Engg. Diploma Holders)-
- It will be a Aptitude Test.
- Total 100 questions of 100 marks shall be asked
b) B. Tech. 2nd year (for B.Sc. Graduates)
- It shall be an Aptitude Test which the eligible students have to attempt.
- 100 questions of 100 marks shall be asked in the exam.
UKSEE 2020 Marking Scheme
After knowing the exam pattern, the candidates should know the marking scheme as well of this exam. It is important to know it because of it, they shall be able to calculate their tentative marks through the answer key which shall be released. Check the expected marking scheme for UKSEE 2020.
- Marks for Correct Answer: 1 mark
- Marks for Wrong Answer: 0 mark
- Total Marks: 100 for both B.Tech Lateral Entry and M.Tech 1st Year ( If appearing for the exam)
UKSEE 2020 Important Books
Students preparing for UKSEE 2020 must ensure that they have the best set of books with them. Through these books, the students shall have the clarity of concepts as well as be able to pratice a lot of questions. Hence it is important that they check these important books for UKSEE 2020 which we have compiled for them so that they can prepare in a much better manner.
|Name of the Book||Link to Buy|
|40 Years’ Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers (2018-1979) IIT JEE Mathematics Paperback – 2018||Click Here to Buy|
|40 Years Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers (2018-1979) IIT JEE Chemistry Paperback – 2018||Click Here to Buy|
|16 Years’ Solved Papers JEE Main 2019 Paperback – 2018||Click Here to Buy|
|Mathematics Formulae (XI + XII ) for JEE Main, JEE Advance, CBSE Board, All States Boards and all States Level Eng. Entrance Examinations Kindle Edition||Click Here to Buy|
|Objective Physics for Engineering Entrances – Vol. 2 Paperback – 2018||Click Here to Buy|
UKSEE 2020 Preparation Tips
Students who are preparing for UKSEE 2020 must have some preparation tips with them which shall be of very much use. They should prepare for this exam with full proof strategy with some of these handy tips by the toppers of this exam. Take a look at them.
- Start Early. It is important to start early so that you have ample time to cover the syllabus and simultaneously practice the questions.
- Make sure that the concepts in all the subjects are clear. It is necessary because only then the students shall be able to attempt all the questions in the exam.
- Make short notes of all the necessary formulas and concepts. These will come in handy when during the last days, the student shall have to revise these concepts only.
- Practice a lot of questions. This practice will help you make your application of concepts strong and hence you will be able to attempt more questions in the examination.
UKSEE 2020 Application Procedure
The next step after checking the UKSEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria is filling the UKSEE 2020 Application Form. It is mandatory to fill the UKSEE 2020 Application Form without which the students shall not be allowed to appear for the exam. The form shall be filled in an online manner.
In the UKSEE 2020 Application Form, the student shall enter some details as asked in the application form. They should ensure that they are filling the application form with correct details because after the final submission, no modification of details shall be allowed in the application form. They have to upload a photo as well which should be of required specification. Also, the candidate has to make the payment as well. Candidates have to ensure that they fill the application form and make the payment well before the last date.
UKSEE 2020 Application Fee
Those who shall fill the application form of UKSEE 2020 will have to pay an application fee as well. It is important to pay the application fee for this exam. Without the payment of the fee, the candidate shall not be eligible to appear for the exam since the application only will not be complete.
In past years, the application fee for applying to the exam has been Rs 1500 for General and OBC Category and Rs 750 for SC & ST Category students. The fee could be paid through any of the means given below:
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit card
For the year 2020, the aspirants can expect the fee structure and the mode of payment to remain same. They are advised to wait for the official information brochure to have a clear idea of the exam fee.
UKSEE 2020 Test Centers
UKSEE 2020 is for admissions to the Lateral Entry B.Tech programme and M.Tech programme. The test centre for both of it shall be different. Candidates option for the respective examination will have to choose the test city for taking the test. After choosing the test city, the student shall get the admit card for UKSEE 2020.
Take a look at the possible test centres of UKSEE 2020 for both the exams:
M. Tech-1st Year Programme:
B. Tech. II Year (Lateral Entry)
- New Tehri
UKSEE 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card of UKSEE 2020 shall be available on the official website of Uttrakhand University. Only those students shall be able to download the admit card who submitted the application form for the exam on time along with the payment of fees. The UKSEE 2020 Admit Card shall contain some details such as name, address, test day and date, venue etc. It should be noted that the admit card will not be sent by post under any circumstances.
On the day of the exam, the candidate shall bring the UKSEE 2020 Admit Card along with some other documents which are important. These include a valid Id proof such as PAN card, Driving License, Voter ID, Passport or Aadhar Card. It should be ensured that the Id is valid and non expired. Also, they should keep the admit card with them till the admission process gets over.
UKSEE 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria
The tie-breaking criteria are used to determine the merit of two candidates in case they have scored same marks in the examination. For UKSEE 2020 also, the same thing shall be followed. The merit list in case of a tie shall be resolved as follows:
- Firstly, by the number of the incorrect answer given. A candidate giving the lesser number of incorrect answers will be placed at higher merit.
- If the first criteria is not valid, the merit shall be determined as per the age. Candidate with higher age will be placed at higher merit than the younger one.
- If the above also is not valid, the merit is determined as per the marks in qualifying examinations.
UKSEE 2020 Result
UKSEE 2020 Result shall be declared on the official website after the exam has been conducted. Only those students shall be able to check the result who attempted the UKSEE 2020 Paper. Along with the result, answer key of the students shall also be released as well. On the official website, merit position, score-card with total marks, marks obtained in each subject and answer keys shall be available. The information about the results and the detailed counselling schedule shall be announced through the newspapers and on the official website.