Candidates who are looking forward to take admission in B.Tech programmes at University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) have to apply for UPESEAT. In the academic session 2019-20, candidates have to apply for UPESEAT 2019. UPES conducts this entrance test every year. Through this admission, test candidates can apply for 31 B.Tech programmes in the university. Further, the university intakes admission on the basis of JEE Main scores too. The university reserves up to 20% seats for Board Merit/JEE Main Merit category candidates. To know more keep reading below.
Fact: UPES provides great placement opportunities. According to their official website, 91% of the B.Tech batch was placed in 2017. The highest package being 26.71 Lakhs. Also, they are visited by many renown recruiters like Microsoft, Tech Mahindra, TATA, Reliance, Dell an many more. To know more details on the placement data, you can read below!
Get the entire details regarding UPES 2019 Admission process via UPESEAT 2019. The admission process starts with filling up of the online application form, downloading of admit card, appearing in the examination and so on. All these events will take place as per the schedule given below. Thus, candidates must note them down and not stay updated about the same.
|UPESEAT 2019||Important Dates|
|Start of Online Application||2nd week of Oct 2018|
|Last date to apply online||1st week of May 2019|
|Admit Card for Offline Exam||4th week of Apr 2019|
|UPESEAT 2019 offline Exam||1st week of May 2019|
|Admit Card for Online Exam||2nd week of May 2019|
|UPESEAT 2019 online Exam||2nd week of May 2019|
|UPESEAT 2019 Result||4th week of May 2019|
Thus, as per the schedule candidates can note that the UPESEAT 2019 will be conducted in both online as well as in the offline mode. Also, the admit card for the same will be available separately. Therefore candidates must take extra care while downloading the admit card. Stay informed with us as we describe all the details of the admission process on this page.
UPESEAT 2019 – B.Tech Courses Offered
B.Tech in Information Technology
B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in:
- Banking, Financial Services & Insurance
- Business Analytics and Optimization
- Graphics & Gaming
- Internet of Things and Smart Cities
- IT Infrastructure
- Open Source & Open Standards
- Mobile Application and Development
- E-Commerce, Retail, and Automation
- Mainframe Technology
- Oil & Gas Informatics
- Cyber Security & Forensics
- AI & Machine Learning
- Cloud Computing & Virtualisation Technology
- Dev Ops in academic collaboration with Xebia
- Big Data in academic collaboration with Xebia
B.Tech in Oil and Gas
- Applied Petroleum Engg with Specialization in Upstream
- Applied Petroleum Engg with Specialization in Gas
- Chemical Engineering with Specialization in Refining & Petrochemicals
- Geo-Informatics Engineering
- Geo-Science Engineering
B.Tech in Mechanical
- Mechanical engineering
- Automotive Design Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
B.Tech in Power
- Electrical Engineering
B.Tech in High Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering
B.Tech in Aerospace
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering with Specialization in Avionics
B.Tech in Infrastructure
- Civil Engineering with specialization in Infrastructure Development
B.Tech in Health, Safety, and Environment
- Fire & Safety Engineering
B.Tech in Electronics & Communication
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
UPESEAT 2019 Admission Process
This how the admission process will flow. Candidates can check the chart below and understand the admission process of UPES via UPESEAT 2019.
Before the candidates start the application process, we recommend them to read and understand the eligibility criteria well beforehand.
UPESEAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for appearing in UPESEAT and taking admission in UPES is given below. If you face any trouble understanding the same, you can comment below and we will try to help you out!
For B. Tech.
You don’t have to appear in UPESEAT 2019 and can directly apply for admission if you satisfy the following conditions:
(a) Minimum 80% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th).
(b) Minimum 80% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level(12th).
JEE Main Scores:
(a) Minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th).
(b) Minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level(12th).
(c) JEE Mains cut off score is 60.
Note: 20% seats are available for the candidates who fit into the above criteria.
You have to appear in UPESEAT 2019 and can directly apply for admission if you satisfy the following conditions:
(1) Minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th).
(2) Minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th).
Note: 80% seats are available for the candidates who fit into the above criteria.
UPESEAT 2019 Application Form
Now that you know whether or not you are eligible for UPESEAT 2019, let us check the application process:
- Candidates first need to register online for UPESEAT 2019.
- Next, you will receive an email by UPES that will contain a link
- Using the link activate your account
- under the account proceed to fill the online application form.
- Pay the application fee amount and submit the form
- Next, take print out of the form for future reference.
Application Fee is Rs. 1850/-
Candidate can also get the application form in the offline mode. Click Here to know full details.
UPESEAT 2019 Preparation
To be able to crack the entrance test for B.Tech admission in UPES, candidates need to have a preparation plan first. Thus, if you want to know how to prepare for UPESEAT 2019, then we have the answer. So, for preparation, there are few basic things that form the pillars of strong preparation. What are they, you may ask. They are – Syllabus, important books, exam pattern knowledge. previous years question papers.
These are the important preparation resources that one must have to prepare for the examination. Next, you need to have a strategy. This includes preparing a study plan, more precisely a study timetable. Thus we have decided to accumulate all the preparation resource as one place. Righ Here!
UPESEAT 2019 Preparation Resources
UPESEAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- Time duration: 3 Hours
- Type of Question: Multiple Choice Questions
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, the candidates shall be awarded 1 mark, while no mark will be deducted for any wrong answer.
- Syllabus: The syllabus would be same as that of JEE mains. Candidates are advised to prepare for the constituent subjects Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language Comprehension, Current Affairs Awareness thoroughly for the exam.
|English Language Comprehension||30|
|Current Affairs Awareness||20|
|Total no. of Questions||200|
UPESEAT 2019 Important Books
Nothing can help you like good books. Thus, it is important to have good books for preparations. Here are few books for UPESEAT 2019 Preparation. Check the preparation Resouce Box above for more books.
|Name of the Book||Authour||Buying Link|
|Concepts of Physics (Set of 2 Volume)||H C Verma||Buy Here|
|Problems In General Physics||I E Irodov||Buy Here|
|Handbook of Physics||Nipendra Bhatnagar||Buy Here|
|Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers Mathematics for Engineering Entrances||B.L. Sharma||Buy Here|
UPESEAT 2019 Admit Card
The UPESEAT 2018 Admit Card will be available for download in online mode only. The candidates who will successfully register for the exam will be able to download the admit card. To download the admit card for UPESEAT 2018, the applicant needs to enter details such as Application Number, Date of Birth. Also, keep in mind that the admit card will be available separately for the online and offline mode of examination.
UPESEAT 2019 Result
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies will announce the UPESEAT 2019 Results online on their official website. Also, the UPES will display a merit list for UPESEAT, JEE Main, and other admission pathways. Candidates will be able to check their result by entering their UPESEAT 2018 application number along with the email id. Thereafter the candidates need to appear for the counselling rounds. The candidates have to attain the counselling rounds with all the important documents.
UPESEAT 2019 Counselling
The UPES will conduct the counseling of UPESEAT 2018 after the declaration of result. Depending upon the total number of candidates for counseling and numbers of vacant seats, the university may conduct the counseling for admission in one or more than one phases. The candidates who will qualify the written test will be called for counseling. The University will also conduct counselling for those candidates on the basis of Board/ JEE Main Rank Merit. The counselling dates are notified on the official website and candidates can keep a regular track of this page to stay updated.
UPESEAT 2019 Scholarship
For All India Category
To be eligible for this scholarships candidates must have secured 80% marks in class 10th and 12th with 85% in PCM. The scholarship details are:
- 50% tuition fee waiver on 10% seats in each program in the first year for CBSE, ICSE & State board pass out students.
- The Scholarship will be renewed in the Second Semester provided the student obtains SGPA of 8/10.
- Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per scholarship policy of the University
For Uttarakhand Domicile Special Scholarships
To be eligible for this scholarship candidates must have one of the following:
- Secured a minimum 80% marks in each of 10th, 12th class and PCM for B.Tech.
- 150 toppers from Uttarakhand board
- Merit order allotment of 1 seat per program.
- The seats reserved under this category will be within the 15% reservation for Uttarakhand Domicile students.
- Should have “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” (Permanent Residence Certificate)
Students will be entitled only for 1 scholarship at a time (either through Uttarakhand Board Merit or through Uttarakhand Domicile category)
- 25% of tuition fee for Boys and 35% for Girl students in the first year
- The Scholarship will be renewed in the Second Semester provided the student obtains SGPA of 8/10
Scholarship in subsequent years will be as per scholarship policy of the University
Note: The candidates placed in the compartment shall not be eligible for admission to any program of study in the University.
UPESEAT 2019 Placements
The placement trends of the university as per the data on their website is as follows:
Official Website: www.upes.ac.in