University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun conducts Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) every year to enroll students desirous of building a career in the various branches of B.Tech. as mentioned in detail down below. UPESEAT 2020 is expected to be conducted sometime in the month of May 2020. Considering previous year’s exam pattern, the examination for the same will be held both in an online as well as an offline mode. UPES through its UPESEAT 2020 will be extending admission to willing candidates in its 9 major branches under the B.Tech degree programme. With 91% placement success, as per the data on their official website, 80% of the seats are to be taken for admission by UPES through its UPESEAT 2020, whereas the remaining 20% is to be reserved for Board Merit / JEE Main Merit achievers. For detailed information on UPESEAT 2020 candidates can readily scroll down.
University School of Petroleum and Energy Studies, popularly known as UPES, extends scholarships to its top 6 merit toppers in the Engineering Aptitude Test (EAT), as per previous year’s practice. For UPESEAT 2020 the University will be offering a scholarship to top 3 boys and top 3 girls as per the merit order ranking of UPESEAT 2020. With such an initiative, UPES desires to pool in serious candidates looking out for an established career post their intermediate examination. Candidates applying are to note that merely applying and appearing for UPESEAT 2020 will not hold a direct ticket to their admission in any chosen B.Tech course. They will be required to go through the selection process post qualifying UPESEAT 2020 and appear for counselling, as and when called in by the University.
UPESEAT 2020 Important Dates
Keeping a track of all the important dates concerning UPESEAT 2020 will help candidates meet all the admission formalities as involved in the admission process within the stipulated time. The dates concerning UPESEAT 2020 have been mentioned in detail in the below-given schedule.
|Start of UPESEAT 2020 Application Form||2nd week of Oct 2019|
|Last date of UPESEAT 2020 Application Form||1st week of May 2020|
|Availability of admit card for Offline Exam||Last week of Apr 2020|
|UPESEAT 2020 Offline Exam will be on||1st week of May 2020|
|Availability of admit card for Offline Exam||Last week of Apr 2020|
|UPESEAT 2020 Online Exam will be on||2nd week of May 2020|
|Declaration of UPESEAT 2020 Result||Last week of May 2020|
UPESEAT 2020 List of Offered B.Tech Programmes
Candidates looking forward to taking admission in any of the chosen B.Tech degree programmes of their choice as offered by UPES must know in gist the various B.Tech programmes as offered by the University. UPES offers 9 major B.Tech sectors under its School of Engineering. Under these 9 different sectors come a total of 31 different B.Tech. degree courses from which candidates can opt a course of their choice, as follows:
Major B.Tech Sector: B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering with Specialization in-
- Banking, Financial Services & Insurance
- Business Analytics and Optimization
- Graphics & Gaming
- Internet of Things and Smart Cities
- IT Infrastructure
- Open Source & Open Standards
- Mobile Application and Development
- E-Commerce, Retail, and Automation
- Mainframe Technology
- Oil & Gas Informatics
- Cyber Security & Forensics
- AI & Machine Learning
- Cloud Computing & Virtualisation Technology
- Dev Ops in academic collaboration with Xebia
- Big Data in academic collaboration with Xebia
Major B.Tech Sector: Oil & Gas
- Chemical engineering with specialization in refining and petrochemicals
- Applied Petroleum Engg with Specialization in Upstream
- Geo-Informatics Engineering
- Applied Petroleum Engg with Specialization in Gas
- Refining & Petrochemicals
Major B.Tech Sector: Electronics
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
Major B.Tech Sector: Mechanical
- Automotive Design Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Major B.Tech Sector: High Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering
Major B.Tech Sector: Aerospace
- Aerospace Engineering with Specialization in Avionics
- Aerospace Engineering
Major B.Tech Sector: Infrastructure
- Civil Engineering with specialization in Infrastructure Development
Major B.Tech Sector: Power
- Electrical Engineering
Major B.Tech Sector: Health, Safety, and Environment
- Fire & Safety Engineering
UPESEAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Desirous applicants are hereby informed that keep an idea regarding any upcoming exam, UPESEAT 2020 in this matter, gives one an extra edge in terms of familiarity. Candidates are to note, as per previous year, UPESEAT 2020 will be held in two different modes. Candidates will have the provision to choose the mode of examination as per their convenience. UPESEAT 2020 exam pattern will be as follows:
- Mode of Examination:
- Offline Mode- Paper Based Test
- Online Mode- Computer Based Test
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours
- Total No. of Questions: 200
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- Distribution of Marks per Question: 1 Mark each
- Negative Marking: None
- No. of Sections: 5
We have mentioned in detail the number of questions to be covered in the 5 sections
|English Language Comprehension||30|
|Current Affairs Awareness||20|
|Total no. of Questions||200|
UPESEAT 2020 Syllabus
Students desirous of getting a good merit rank, especially the ones willing to procure UPESEAT 2020 Scholarship have to be thorough with the exam pattern and the syllabus concerning the same. As the F&Q section of the official website of UPES clearly mentions that the syllabus for UPESEAT is to be strictly based on JEE Main syllabus, candidates are hereby informed to stream their preparation for UPESEAT 2020 in accordance to the same.
UPESEAT 2020 Generic JEE Main Syllabus
Candidates can get the detailed syllabus for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as covered by NCERT for UPESEAT 2020 by clicking the following links.
|JEE Main 2019 / 2020 Physics Syllabus||JEE Main 2019 / 2020 Chemistry Syllabus||JEE Main 2019 / 2020 Mathematics Syllabus|
That we have covered syllabus in general for 3 sections from UPESEAT 2020, the remaining two sections, namely English and Comprehension and Current Affairs Awareness will have a general syllabus as asked in most of the competitive exams by Colleges / Universities offering B.Tech Programmes through its respective Competitive Exams.
|Section||Topics to be Covered|
|English & Comprehension|
UPESEAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates aiming for a better rank, along with a fair idea about the examination and syllabus for UPESEAT 2020, should be at par with a few preparation strategies. Implementing preparation strategy for any said competitive exam proves beneficial to a candidate with a serious intention to score well in the concerned competitive exam, say UPESEAT 2020 in this case.
Knowing the Exam Pattern and Syllabus of UPESEAT 2020: As we have specified above, being familiar with the competitive exam’s structure and marking scheme gives the candidate preparing for that particular exam an edge when it comes to securing better grades than the ones who aren’t familiar with the same.
Solving Previous Year’s Question Papers: Solving question papers from previous years help candidates know the type of questions and topics in general that are frequently asked by the said examination. It will any day prove beneficial to candidates preparing for UPESEAT 2020 if they have solved a few previous years’ question papers as framed for UPESEAT.
Managing Time: On the day of UPESEAT 2020, it will be crucial for the appearing candidates to manage time smartly. As there will be no negative marking and candidates will have the provision for either Paper Based Test or Computer Based Test, going to and forth in between the sections will be less of a smart move. Therefore, it is advised to the candidates that during their preparation period, time should be managed accordingly. Each section whether if it seems of importance or not must be prepared thick and through, with more focus being centered on topics and sections a candidate thinks he/she is weak at.
Analyse Strength and Weakness: It will prove of utmost confidence if a student marks out his/her weakness for any said topic or section to be asked in UPESEAT 2020. This will happen only when a said student gives in more time for preparing for UPESEAT 2020 as the exam corners. Being self-critical in terms of understanding one’s own weakness has always helped. The same strategy can be easily implemented while preparing for UPESEAT 2020.
UPESEAT 2020 Important Books
Candidates preparing for UPESEAT 2020 will any day be able to score better marks if he/she has a few helpful books in terms of preparation for the same. Below we have given a few books that might enhance a willing candidate’s overall performance in UPESEAT 2020
|Name of the Book||Authour||Buy it Here|
|Handbook of Physics||Nipendra Bhatnagar||Click Here|
|Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers|
Mathematics for Engineering Entrances
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi||Click Here|
|Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Mental Ability: Formulas, Principles & References: Last Minute Revision Guide for Success at any Engineering Entrance Examination||Joseph M. Mathew||Click Here|
|Concept of Physics (2018-2019) Session (Set of 2 Volume)||H. C Verma||Click Here|
UPESEAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for any of the above notified B.Tech degree course are to note that before applying they have to cross-check whether they meet all the eligibility criteria or not. It is of prime importance to check the eligibility criteria as laid down by the university so as to have the application form submitted without any rejection. As admission for any B.Tech programme under UPES will be offered in two different forms, namely- UPESEAT 2020 (Exam Pathway) and Board Merit List / JEE Main Merit List (Non-Exam Pathway), eligibility criteria will vary for both the methods.
The eligibility criteria for candidates willing to take UPESEAT 2020 will be as follows:
- Nationality: Indian Nationals, Foreign Nationals, and Non-Residents Indians
- Age Limit: Candidates having their birthday on or after, October 01 1996 will be eligible to apply
- Education Qualification:
- A minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th).
- Must have cleared class 10th and 12th with a minimum of 60%
The eligibility criteria for candidates applying through Non-Exam Pathway will be as follows:
Candidates seeking admission under the Non-Exam Pathway, i.e. via Board Merit List / JEE Main Merit List will not have to sit for UPESEAT 2020. Candidates are to note the mentioned eligibility criteria were adopted in the previous year.
- JEE Main Merit List
- Subsequent JEE Main Cut-off Score: 60
- Minimum 60% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- Minimum 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th)
- Board Merit List
- Minimum 80% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th)
- Minimum 80% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Senior Secondary level (12th)
Foreign National Students / Non-Residents Nationals
The eligibility criteria for Foreign Nationals / Non-Residents Nationals for admission into any chosen B.Tech programme will depend on the following terms:
UPESEAT 2020 Application Form
Once candidates have checked in their eligibility, the next step of admission process would be to fill in the application form for UPESEAT 2020. Filling of UPESEAT 2020 application form is to be done with extreme precision and no false information must be mentioned in any form. Eligible candidates are to note that the availability of UPES 2020, as per previous year’s method, will be done through two platforms:
- Online UPESEAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates will have to follow the said instructions so as to successfully fill and submit their respective Online application form
- The first step would be to register on the official website: www.upes.ac.in. Candidates can go in for “Registered User” if already registered or “Signup New user” if registering for the first time.
- Fill in all relevant details like Personal Details, the programme to be chosen, valid email id (on which a verification link will be sent. Candidates will have to verify their email id and “activate” their account on the official website.
- Make the application fee payment and “Submit” the account.
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
- Offline OMR Sheet Based UPESEAT 2020 Application Form
- Candidates will be able to attain UPESEAT 2020 offline application form from the admission branch of the University at its campus in Dehradun.
- Submission of offline application form will be in the form of OMR Sheet Form
The application fee for UPESEAT 2020, both for Indian Nationals as well as International Students based on previous year’s information will be as follows:
Mode of Payment: Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking / Demand Draft
|Nationality of Candidates||Amount|
|International Candidates||US$ 75|
UPESEAT 2020 ADMIT CARD
Candidates whose form has been successfully submitted will be issued out admit card in order to appear for UPESEAT 2020. It is important to note that availability of admit card will be done only in an online mode on the official website. No other platform will be adopted by the university for the same if we are to follow previous year’s process. In order to download the admit card, a candidate will have to enter his/her “Application Number” and “Date of Birth (DOB)”. UPESEAT 2020 admit card will carry the date of examination, time of examination, venue of the examination, and other important instructions to be carried on the day of UPESEAT 2020.
UPESEAT 2020 Result
The result for UPESEAT 2020 will be declared once the examination has been conducted successfully. The university will be releasing three separate merit lists in form of UPESEAT 2020 Results. If we are to consider previous year’s pattern of two different methods of admission, UPES will release the result for UPESEAT 2020 on its official website. Candidates will be able to check their result by providing their “Application Number” and the Registered “Email ID” or “Mobile Number” (as given during the time of UPESEAT 2020 application form filling).
Note: As UPES holds the right to conduct UPESEAT II for the absentees of UPESEAT Exam I (i.e., before the declaration of results), the final merit list in the form of UPESEAT 2020 will be released in common for UPESEAT 2020 I and UPESEAT 2020 II.
UPESEAT 2020 Counselling
The final round of admission process will be counselling as to be conducted by UPES. Only those candidates will be called in for counselling whose name will be mentioned in the then to be released merit list. Counselling will be done together for candidates who appeared either through the Exam Pathway or Non-Exam Pathway. The notification regarding candidates to be called in for UPESEAT 2020 counselling will be notified on the official website of UPES. Candidates are hereby requested to regularly check the official website once the result for UPESEAT 2020 will be out.
UPESEAT 2020 Scholarship
As mentioned on our page above, UPES will a wonderful initiative to offer a scholarship to candidates who will procure a rank under top three, prepared individually for girls and boys based on UPESEAT 2020. UPESEAT 2020, if we are to consider previous year’s pattern, will be strictly divided under the said categories:
UPESEAT 2020 Scholarship Eligibility Criteria for All India Category: A minimum of 80% marks in class 10th and 12th with 85% in PCM.
- A scholarship of Rs.50,000 each for students securing top three ranks in boys merit list and girls merit list of the UPESEAT 2020 examination
- There will be 50% tuition fee waiver on 10% seats in each program in the first year for CBSE, ICSE & State board pass out UPESEAT 2020 applicants.
- The Scholarship is to be renewed in the Second Semester considering the candidate obtains SGPA of 8/10 in the subsequent exams post seeking admission.
UPESEAT 2020 Scholarship Eligibility Criteria for For Uttarakhand Domicile Special Scholarships: A minimum of 80% marks in class 10th and 12th with 85% in PCM.
- A scholarship of Rs.50,000 each for students securing top three ranks in boys merit list and girls merit list of the UPESEAT 2020 examination.
- Should have “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra” (Permanent Residence Certificate).
- The seats reserved under this category for UPESEAT 2020 will be within the 15% reservation for Uttarakhand Domicile students.
- 150 toppers from UK board will be taken under consideration for the same.