UPSEE 2019 – The Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) 2019 will be conducted on April 21, 2019. Now, all the important dates of the UPSEE 2019 is available. The application form to apply for UPSEE 2019 will be available from January 23, 2019. UPSEE is a state level entrance exam for admission in various engineering courses at undergraduate level. Candidates who aspire to take admission in B.tech courses in the state of Uttar Pradesh can appear in this exam. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Uttar Pradesh conducts UPSEE every year. AKTU was previously known as Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU). To know more about UPSEE 2019 important dates, eligibility, exam pattern, admission process, syllabus and preparation resources read below.
In 2018, a total of 1,56,452 students appeared for the UPSEE in order to secure admission in some of the top engineering colleges in Uttar Pradesh. Out of these, 1,43,551 have qualified the exam. For B.Tech admission, 93.06% of candidates have qualified. Below are the important dates related to UPSEE 2019.
|Opening of online registrations||23 Jan 2019|
|Closing of application form submission||15 Mar 2019|
|Online Partial Correction of Filled and submitted Form||Upto 03 Apr 2019|
|UPSEE 2019 Admit Card||15 Apr 2019|
|UPSEE 2019 for B.Tech (Paper 1)||21 Apr 2019|
||1st week of May 2019|
|Issuance of answer key||Few days after the respective examination|
|Declaration of result||4th week of May 2019|
|Counselling registration||10 Jun – 15 Jul 2019|
|Spot round of counselling||4th week of July 2019|
UPSEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates now must know whether or not they are eligible for UPSEE 2019. It is important that the candidates check the eligibility criteria so that they do not face any problems ahead in the admission process. Here are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech and B.Tech L.E.candidates.
Eligibility Criteria For B.Tech candidates:
Qualifying subjects: The subject combination required in the qualifying examination (intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent) are as follows:
- Compulsory subjects: Physics & Mathematics
- Anyone of the following Subjects: Chemistry/ Bio-Technology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject
For B.Tech. (Bio-Technology), the subject combinations are:
- Compulsory Subjects: (i) Physics & (ii) Mathematics OR Biology
- Anyone of the following Subjects: Chemistry/ Bio-Technology / Technical Vocational subject
Minimum Marks: For admission to the first year of B.Tech., candidate must have clearly passed 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University without grace in required each compulsory subjects and one optional subject and securing minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST Category candidates) in aggregate in required three subjects.
Eligibility Criteria For B.Tech L.E. candidates:
- Lateral entry in “B. Tech. for Engineering Diploma holders or B.Sc. Graduates with Mathematics as one of the subject at XII standard” is open only in the institutions affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow. The candidate who have passed qualifying exam from other than Uttar Pradesh State and whose parents are not domicile of UP State are not eligible for Direct admission to the second year of B.Tech (Lateral Entry).
- Candidates who have passed three years Engineering Diploma from an Institution located in U.P. with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) OR whose parents (Father or mother) are domicile of Uttar Pradesh and he/she has passed three years Engineering Diploma with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) recognized by the Board of Technical Education, U.P., in any branch of Engineering (except Agriculture Engg., Pharmacy and Architecture), are eligible for admission to Second year in any branch of Engineering / Technology.
- Candidates who have passed three years B.Sc. degree and passed XII standard with mathematics as one of the subjects from any recognized University; securing minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) in aggregate, are also eligible for admission to the second year in any branch of Engineering/ Technology.
UPSEE 2019 Application Form
To fill the online application form is important. Only those candidates who will apply online for UPSEE 2019, will be issued admit card for appearing the examination. Therefore, to know the brief steps of the application process candidates have to follow the points below:
- Registration (Filling up of Personal Details)
- Filling Online Application Form (Detailed Information)
- Uploading of Scanned Images of Photograph and Signature
- Payment of Examination Fee and Printing of the “Confirmation Page”
- For detailed process, please click here.
- For Male / Transgender Candidates of General/ OBC Category – Rs. 1300/-
- SC/ST Category/Female/PH Candidates of All the category – Rs. 650/-
Mode of Payment: The candidates need to pay the application fee via online mode like Credit Card, Debit Card, or Net Banking.
UPSEE 2019 Admission Process
Below we have outlined the entire admission process in B.Tech and B.Tech Lateral entry candidates below. This will enable you to understand the process of the examination brief, for details of each step candidates have to continue reading further below.
How To Prepare For UPSEE 2019?
Preparation for any exam is a two-way process. One is you have to know the process of the examination and second which is even more important is to know how to prepare for the examination. Only those candidates who will prepare well and crack UPSEE 2019 will be able to take admission in top colleges in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Thus, candidates can collect the important resources they need to prepare for UPSEE 2019. These important resources are given below.
UPSEE 2019 Exam Pattern
- Paper 1: It shall be pen and paper-based test.
- Paper 6 and 8: It shall be a computer-based test.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 04 marks will be given.
- Negative Marking; There shall be negative marking for any incorrect answer.
The marks distribution is as follows:
|Name of Paper||Course Name||Subjects||Questions||Marks|
|Paper 1||B. Tech.||Physics||50||600|
|Paper 2||B. Tech. (Bio-Technology) / B. Pharm.||Physics||50||600|
|Paper 6||B.Tech. 2nd Year (for Engg. Diploma Holders) /||Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
|Paper 8||B.Tech. 2nd Year (for B. Sc. Graduates)||B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
UPSEE 2019 Admit Card
Admit card will be available online on the website upsee.nic.in to every candidate. Downloaded admit card shall be treated as valid admit card. The candidates are advised to check the details of admit cards with regards to their category, sub-category, gender, rural weightage, Name, Father’s Name etc. as mentioned on the Admit Card. The admit card is mandatory to be able to appear in UPSEE 2019. Therefore candidates have to keep is safe.
UPSEE 2019 Answer Key
After the UPSEE 2019 exam is done successfully, the AKTU/ UPTU will release the answer key. The UPSEE 2019 Answer Key will be available in pdf format. With the help of the answer key, candidates can check cross check their answers and calculate their probable score. Also, the applicant can estimate their chances of qualifying the entrance examination. Applicants need to calculate their score as per the marking scheme of UPSEE 2019.
UPSEE 2019 Result
The result for UPSEE 2019 will be published online at upsee.nic.in. The candidates will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of the merit in the entrance examination. A Separate Merit Lists for each course will be prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance examination. Also, after the declaration of result, merit position, score-card with total marks and marks obtained in each subject shall be available on the website.
UPSEE 2019 Counselling
The candidate who qualifies the entrance exam and makes it through the merit list will be eligible to participate in UPSEE Counselling 2019. The successful candidate shall be intimidated by the counselling schedule through the website. However, the allotment of seat shall depend on the availability of the seats on the day of counselling. Also, counselling will be also done as per the reservation of seats.
The 10% of the total sanctioned seats in Technology / Architecture courses in Private Institutions,
affiliated to AKTU, shall be opened to the candidates whose parent belongs to the State other than
Uttar Pradesh and has passed qualifying examination from an Institution located outside U.P. These seats shall be filled on the basis of UPSEE 2019 Merit.
The reservation of seats for different categories is as follows:
|Category (U.P only)||Reservation of seats|
|Dependents of Freedom Fighters||02%|
|Sons / Daughters of defence personnel of U.P. either retired (superannuated) or killed/disabled in action or defence personnel posted in U.P./defence personnel domicile of U.P. & posted outside U.P.||05%|
|Handicapped / Disabled||03%|
UPSEE 2019 Cutoff
Candidates will be called for counselling who achieve minimum qualifying percentage in UPSEE 2019, this is called the cutoff percentage of UPSEE 2019.
|Category||Cut off Percentage|
Official Website: www.aktu.ac.in