UPSEE 2019 – Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh (AKTU) has released the UPSEE 2019 Result on June 03, 2019, for the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) 2019 conducted on April 21, 2019. Candidates need to log in using the Hall ticket number and the Date of Birth to check the UPSEE 2019 Result. Candidates who qualify in the UPSEE 2019 will be called for further counselling rounds. AKTU was previously known as Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU). To know more about UPSEE 2019 important dates, eligibility, exam pattern, admission process, syllabus and preparation resources read below.
Latest: UPSEE 2019 notice for Spot Counselling has been released. Scroll down to check the same.
In 2018, a total of 1,56,452 students appeared for the UPSEE in order to secure admission in some of the top engineering colleges in Uttar Pradesh. Out of these, 1,43,551 have qualified the exam. For B.Tech admission, 93.06% of candidates have qualified. Below are the important dates related to UPSEE 2019.
|Opening of online registrations||23 Jan 2019|
|Closing of application form submission|
|Last date to pay the application form fee||26 Mar 2019 (until 11:59 PM)|
|Online Partial Correction of Filled and submitted Form||16 Mar – 28 Mar 2019|
|UPSEE 2019 Admit Card||15 Apr 2019|
|UPSEE 2019 for B.Tech||21 Apr 2019|
|Issuance of answer key||22 Apr 2019|
|Application form for NRI and Kashmiri Migrants||01 – 10 Jun 2019|
|Declaration of Result||03 Jun 2019|
|Display of short listed candidates for counselling under NRI and Kashmiri Migrants quota||12 Jun 2019|
|Counselling for NRI candidates at AKTU, Lucknow||13 Jun 2019 (9:00 AM)|
|Counselling for Kashmiri candidates at AKTU, Lucknow||14 Jun 2019 (9:00 AM)|
Counselling for GATE/ GPAT/ CEED (for Registered candidates) & UPSEE Qualified Candidates (for M Tech /M.Arch/ M Pharm /M Des)
|Counselling for M.Tech Programmes offered at Center for Advanced Studies Lucknow only||15 Jun 2019|
|Seat Allotment in programmes offered at Center for Advanced Studies Lucknow only||16 Jun 2019|
|First Round of Counselling and Document Verification||22 Jun 2019|
|Seat Allotment for All Institutions||23 Jun 2019|
|Second Round of Counselling and Document Verification||01 Jul 2019|
|Second Round Seat Allotment||02 Jul 2019|
|Document verification and Seat Allotment|
(Only for UPSEE 2019 Qualified Candidates)
|03 Jul 2019|
|Second Round of Counselling of UPSEE 2019 Document Verification and Seat allotnment||10 Jul 2019|
|Venue for Counselling|| Center for Advanced Studies, AKTU|
Sector 11, Jankipuram Extension
Lucknow – 226031
- Click Here to check detailed counselling notice.
UPSEE 2019 Counselling
The candidate who qualifies the entrance exam and makes it through the merit list will be eligible to participate in UPSEE Counselling 2019. The successful candidate shall be intimidated by the counselling schedule through the website. However, the allotment of seat shall depend on the availability of the seats on the day of counselling. Also, counselling will be also done as per the reservation of seats. We have provided below the counselling schedule
Counselling schedule (All Programmes Except M Tech /M.Arch/ M Pharm /M Des)
- Click here to check notice for UPSEE 2019 Spot Counselling
- Click Here to check the seat allotment result for Round 4
- Click Here to check the notice regarding Round 3, 4 and spot.
- Click Here to check the Counselling schedule and Procedure.
- Click Here to check EWS Form Format.
- Click Here to check the Vacancy status for Round 3.
- Click Here to check the Vacancy report after Round 1 counselling.
- Click Here to check the UPSEE 2019 Seat Matrix.
The 10% of the total sanctioned seats in Technology / Architecture courses in Private Institutions,
affiliated to AKTU, shall be opened to the candidates whose parent belongs to the State other than
Uttar Pradesh and has passed qualifying examination from an Institution located outside U.P. These seats shall be filled on the basis of UPSEE Merit.
The reservation of seats for different categories is as follows:
|Category (U.P only)||Reservation of seats|
|Dependents of Freedom Fighters||02%|
|Sons / Daughters of defence personnel of U.P. either retired (superannuated) or killed/disabled in action or defence personnel posted in U.P./defence personnel domicile of U.P. & posted outside U.P.||05%|
|Handicapped / Disabled||03%|
–Counselling for NRI and Kashmiri Migrants quota–
Candidates for admission against NRI and Kashmiri Migrant quota had to fill the application form for the same for direct entry to the counselling round. AKTU has now released a list of candidates shortlisted for the counselling to be held as per the schedule. All the candidates have to bring some documents along, the same has been provided below:
Documents Required for Counselling for admission against NRI and Kashmiri Migrants Quota
|The proof certificate in original, to establish the identity of being a ward of Kashmiri Migrant.||Original certificate obtained from Indian diplomatic mission/chancellery/ high commission under their seal to the effect that the candidate or the person sponsoring him/her is Non-resident Indian in that country presently.|
Please note that in the absence of this certificate the candidature will stand cancelled.
|Certificate from the respective Bond of qualifying examination that the subject claimed under Technical Vocational subjects fall under the category of technical vocational subjects of the Board (Applicable only for those have claimed the same).||Original document/certificate clearly indicating that the candidate is real brother / real sister /real son / real daughter.|
|—||A letter from NRI certifying that he/she is sponsoring the candidate and is ready to bear the educational expenses of the candidate for the entire duration of the programme.|
|Original Marksheet of (10-2) or equivalent examination.|
|Original 10 (High school) certificate for proof of age.|
|Three passport size recent photographs.|
Candidates are also required to bring two separate account payee bank draft of Rs.1000 as counselling fee (non-refundable) and bank draft of Rs.10,000 as an advance fee respectively, each in favour of “FINANCE OFFICER, DR. APJ ABDUL KALAM TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, UTTAR PRADESH” payable at Lucknow.
- Click Here to check the List of candidates shortlisted for Counselling against NRI Category
- Click Here to check the List of candidates shortlisted for Counselling against Kashmiri Migrant category.
UPSEE 2019 Answer Key
The AKTU/ UPTU has released the answer key for UPSEE conducted on April 21, 2019. The UPSEE 2019 Answer Keys are available in pdf format. With the help of the answer key, candidates can cross check their answers and calculate their probable score. Also, the applicant can estimate their chances of qualifying the entrance examination. Applicants need to calculate their score as per the marking scheme of UPSEE 2019. Check the UPSEE 2019 Answer Key from the table below.
|Paper and Subject||Answer Key|
|Paper 1 – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics||Click Here to download for AA|
|Paper 2 – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||Click Here to download for AA|
|Paper 3 – Aptitude Test for Architecture &Design||Click Here to download for AA|
|Paper 5 – Aptitude Test for B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering|
(Lateral Entry)/ 2nd Year MCA (Lateral Entry)
|Click Here to download for AA|
|Paper 8 – Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||Click Here to download for AA|
|Paper BT||Click Here to download for AA|
|Paper CE||Click Here to download for AA|
|Paper CHE||Click Here to download for AA|
|Paper CSIT||Click Here to download for AA|
|Paper EE||Click Here to download for AA|
|Paper EC||Click Here to download for AA|
|Paper ES||Click Here to download for AA|
|Paper LS||Click Here to download for AA|
|Paper TE||Click Here to download for AA|
|Paper ME||Click Here to download for AA|
UPSEE 2019 Admit Card
Admit card has been made available online on the website upsee.nic.in to every candidate. Downloaded admit card shall be treated as valid admit card. The candidates are advised to check the details of admit cards with regards to their category, sub-category, gender, rural weightage, Name, Father’s Name etc. as mentioned on the Admit Card. The admit card is mandatory to be able to appear in UPSEE 2019. Therefore candidates have to keep is safe.
UPSEE 2019 Application Form
To fill the online application form is important. Only those candidates who will apply online for UPSEE 2019, will be issued admit card for appearing the examination. Therefore, to know the brief steps of the application process candidates have to follow the points below:
- Registration (Filling up of Personal Details)
- Filling Online Application Form (Detailed Information)
- Uploading of Scanned Images of Photograph and Signature
- Payment of Examination Fee and Printing of the “Confirmation Page”
- For detailed process, please click here.
- For Male / Transgender Candidates of General/ OBC Category – Rs. 1300/-
- SC/ST Category/Female/PH Candidates of All the category – Rs. 650/-
Mode of Payment: The candidates need to pay the application fee via online mode like Credit Card, Debit Card, or Net Banking.
UPSEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates now must know whether or not they are eligible for UPSEE 2019. It is important that the candidates check the eligibility criteria so that they do not face any problems ahead in the admission process. Here are the eligibility criteria for B.Tech and B.Tech L.E.candidates.
Eligibility Criteria For B.Tech candidates:
Qualifying subjects: The subject combination required in the qualifying examination (intermediate examination of U.P. Board or 10+2 level examination or its equivalent) are as follows:
- Compulsory subjects: Physics & Mathematics
- Anyone of the following Subjects: Chemistry/ Bio-Technology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject
For B.Tech. (Bio-Technology), the subject combinations are:
- Compulsory Subjects: (i) Physics & (ii) Mathematics OR Biology
- Anyone of the following Subjects: Chemistry/ Bio-Technology / Technical Vocational subject
Minimum Marks: For admission to the first year of B.Tech., candidate must have clearly passed 10+2 level examination or its equivalent from any recognized Board / University without grace in required each compulsory subjects and one optional subject and securing minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST Category candidates) in aggregate in required three subjects.
Eligibility Criteria For B.Tech L.E. candidates:
- Lateral entry in “B. Tech. for Engineering Diploma holders or B.Sc. Graduates with Mathematics as one of the subject at XII standard” is open only in the institutions affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow. The candidate who have passed qualifying exam from other than Uttar Pradesh State and whose parents are not domicile of UP State are not eligible for Direct admission to the second year of B.Tech (Lateral Entry).
- Candidates who have passed three years Engineering Diploma from an Institution located in U.P. with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) OR whose parents (Father or mother) are domicile of Uttar Pradesh and he/she has passed three years Engineering Diploma with minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) recognized by the Board of Technical Education, U.P., in any branch of Engineering (except Agriculture Engg., Pharmacy and Architecture), are eligible for admission to Second year in any branch of Engineering / Technology.
- Candidates who have passed three years B.Sc. degree and passed XII standard with mathematics as one of the subjects from any recognized University; securing minimum 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) in aggregate, are also eligible for admission to the second year in any branch of Engineering/ Technology.
UPSEE 2019 Changes
There are few changes introduced via the information brochure of UPSEE 2019. As per the information brochure, the following changes are made in UPSEE in 2019.
- Last year there were 11 papers in UPSEE, now there are only 8.
- Earlier, UPSEE was conducted in online mode for few papers. However, from this year all the paper are taken in offline mode and are being conducted on the pen and paper mode.
- From this year the paper will be conducted in one single day and in multiple shifts.
B.Tech Courses Offered Via UPSEE 2019
Below is the name of the programmes that are offered via UPSEE 2019.
- B. Tech.
- B. Tech. (Bio-Technology) / B. Pharm.
- B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)
- B.Tech. 2nd Year (for Engg. Diploma Holders)
- B.Tech. 2nd Year (for B. Sc. Graduates)
UPSEE 2019 Exam Pattern
For th above programmes the candiadtes need to follow a seperate exam patterna and appear in seperate papers. The exam pattern and paper numbers are as follows:
- Paper 1: It shall be pen and paper-based test.
- Paper 6 and 8: It shall be a computer-based test.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 04 marks will be given.
- Negative Marking; There shall be negative marking for any incorrect answer.
The marks distribution is as follows:
|Name of Paper||Course Name||Subjects||Questions||Marks|
|Paper 1||B. Tech.||Physics||50||600|
|Paper 2||B. Tech. (Bio-Technology) / B. Pharm.||Physics||50||600|
|Paper 3||B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)||AG-I||50||600|
|Paper 6||B.Tech. 2nd Year (for Engg. Diploma Holders)||Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
|Paper 8||B.Tech. 2nd Year (for B. Sc. Graduates)||B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
UPSEE 2019 Admission Process
Below we have outlined the entire admission process in B.Tech and B.Tech Lateral entry candidates below. This will enable you to understand the process of the examination brief, for details of each step candidates have to continue reading further below.
How To Prepare For UPSEE 2019?
Preparation for any exam is a two-way process. One is you have to know the process of the examination and second which is even more important is to know how to prepare for the examination. Only those candidates who will prepare well and crack UPSEE will be able to take admission in top colleges in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Thus, candidates can collect the important resources they need to prepare for UPSEE 2019. These important resources are given below.
UPSEE 2019 Result
The result for UPSEE will be published online at upsee.nic.in. The candidates will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of the merit in the entrance examination. A Separate Merit Lists for each course will be prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance examination. Also, after the declaration of result, merit position, score-card with total marks and marks obtained in each subject shall be available on the website.
UPSEE 2019 Cutoff
Candidates will be called for counselling who achieve minimum qualifying percentage in UPSEE 2019, this is called the cutoff percentage of UPSEE 2019.
|Category||Cut off Percentage|
Candidate Statistics 2018
Official Website : www.aktu.ac.in
- To get the UPSEE 2019 Information Brochure, please click here.
- Click Here to download Admission Notification for NRI and Kashmiri Migrant Quota.