Vels Entrance Exam 2019 – To take admission in VELS Institute of Science and Technology, candidates have to apply for the Vels Entrance Exam (VEE). For admission in the academic session 2019-20, VEE 2019 will be conducted most probably in the month of May 2019. The candidates who are looking forward to B.Tech admission can opt for appearing in this entrance examination for admission in VELS. VEE 2019 will be in offline mode and will have 100 MCQ questions. Candidates will have to fill an application form either in the online or offline mode to apply for VEE 2019. To know more about Vels Entrance Exam 2019, eligibility criteria, admission process, pattern, fee structure etc. keep reading below.
Vels Entrance Exam 2019
The admission in various programmes at VELS is organised in an all India basis. The entrance exam is the only channel to take admission in the institute. A merit list is prepared based on the marks of VEE 2019. Admission is finalised after proper verification and fee payment is complete. Check the important dates below:
|Commencement of Registration Process||1st week of February 2019|
|Last date to fill the Application Form||4th week of April 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||1st week of May 2019|
|Examination Date||2nd week of May 2019|
|Result Announcement||4th week of May 2019|
|Submission of Admission Application Form||2nd week of June 2019|
VELS Engineering Courses Available
The University is offering following engineering course at UG and PG level. The admission to all these courses is based on VEE 2019 scores.
- B.E Computer Science & Engineering
- B.E Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.E Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.E Mechanical Engineering
- B.E Civil Engineering
- B.E Automobile Engineering
- B.E Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech in Information Technology – with specialization in Mobile & Cloud-Based Application (in association with IBM)
- B.Tech Biotechnology
- M.E Computer Science & Engineering
- M.E Construction Engineering & Management
- M.E Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- M.E Automobile Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cloud, Mobility & Big Data – in association with IBM
Vels Entrance Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to apply for the VEE 2019 exam is as follows. It is important to understand the criteria and apply accordingly. Any discrepancy found, later on, will lead to the cancellation of the admission as a whole.
- Should have passed the Higher Secondary Examinations of (10+2) Curriculum (Academic Steam) with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as three of the four subjects or any examination of any other authority accepted by the Vels University
- Should have passed the Higher Secondary Examination of Vocational Stream (Vocational Groups in Engineering / Technology)
Vels Entrance Exam 2019 Application Form
Candidates can fill the VEE 2019 Application Form either in online mode or in offline mode.
To fill the application form online:
- Register first with valid email id and active phone number
- Complete the form via entering the personal, contact, education and work experience details.
- Finally, submit the application fee to complete the application process.
To fill the application form in the offline mode:
- Request a form from the university.
- fill and send the application form before the deadline ends
Application Fee details: The application fee is Rs. 1000/-.
Mode of payment: Online or via DD
Vels Entrance Exam 2019 Exam Pattern
the exam pattern of Vels Entrance Exam 2019 is given in the heads below:
Mode of Examination:
- The exam will be conducted in the offline mode.
- The sheet to mark the answers will be an OMR sheet
Duration and Medium of Test:
- Total time that will be available to complete the test is 90 minutes
- The language of the question paper will be English only.
- The total question in the exam will be 90.
- Each question will carry 1 mark.
- However, there will be no negative marking.
Vels Entrance Exam 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for the engineering aspirants will be of 10+2 level and will have questions from:
Vels Entrance Exam 2019 Admit Card
The Vels University will release the admit card after the application process is over. The admit card will available online at the official website. You will need to enter the email id and password to download the admit card for the entrance exam. The Admit Card/Hall ticket will contain the candidate’s name, roll number, test day, timings & venue etc. You must read all the important instruction given on the admit card to follow on the examination day. Moreover, it is important to carry the admit card and a photo identity proof to get entry in the examination hall.
Vels Entrance Exam 2019 Result
VEE 2019 Result will be available online. Candidates will have to check their result and merit list of the entrance exam and accordingly appear in the counselling rounds. The result will consist of registration number, rank, score and name of the candidate. Last year, highest marks were scored by Shyam Sundar with 41 marks. Similarly, in VEE 2017, Kumaratullah secured 67 marks in the examination.
Vels Entrance Exam 2019 Cut off Marks
A cutoff mark is also made available for different courses online for admission. This cut off the list will consist of minimum marks that a student must secure to become eligible for the counselling round. If your marks are more than the cutoff marks you will be eligible to appear in the counselling rounds.
Vels Entrance Exam 2019 Counselling
During the counselling rounds, documents verification will be done. Candidates have to appear in the counselling with all important documents in original and in person. After the verification of documents by the university, the allotment of seat takes place. Immediately after that you can admission after paying the first-semester fee.
List of documents to be carried at the counselling:
- Marksheet of 10th, 12th, and qualifying degree.
- Transfer Certificate (from the institution last studied).
- Community Certificate (if applicable).
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- First Semester fee. Either as Cash (or) Demand Draft in favor of “Vels University“, Payable at Chennai.
VEE MBA 2019 Fee Structure
Check the VEE 2018 complete fee details, Download Here. The fee structure for the session 2019-20 is expected to remain the same. However, if any change comes up, it will be updated here.
|Program||Program Duration (Yrs)||Tuition Fee Per Semester|
|B.E., Computer Science & Engineering||4 Yrs (8 Semesters)||45,000/-|
|B.E., Electronics & Communication Engineering||4 Yrs (8 Semesters)||45,000/-|
|B.Tech., IT ( Cloud & Mobile Based Application Development) in Association with IBM||4 Yrs (8 Semesters)||67,500/-|
|B.E., Electrical & Electrical Engineering||4 Yrs (8 Semesters)||40,000/-|
|B.E., Mechanical Engineering||4 Yrs (8 Semesters)||55,000/-|
|B.E., Automobile Engineering||4 Yrs (8 Semesters)||40,000/-|
|B.E., Civil Engineering||4 Yrs (8 Semesters)||50,000/-|
|B.Tech., Biotechonology||4 Yrs (8 Semesters)||45,000/-|
|B.E., Biomedical Engineering||4 Yrs (8 Semesters)||45,000/-|
|B.E., Mechatronics||4 Yrs (8 Semesters)||50,000/-|
Official Website: www.velsuniv.ac.in