VITEEE 2018 Rank is used to grant admission in VIT Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal, and Amravati. The university announces the rank of VITEEE 2018 in the result. It is declared online, on vit.ac.in. To check it, candidates have to access the login by entering application number and date of birth.
Candidates are called for the counselling rounds based on the VITEEE 2018 Rank obtained by them in the entrance exam. A link also has been provided for the students so that all of them can check VITEEE 2018 Rank. The candidates who rank in the top of the merit list are eligible for the fee waiver under VIT University’s scholarship programme. Those who have appeared for VITEEE 2018 exam can check the information about VITEEE 2018 Rank process like how to check the results, what after the result announcement etc. Scroll further to know more.
VITEEE 2018 Rank
VITEEE 2018 Rank 1 to 8000 have been called for counselling on May 09, 2018. Rank 8001 to 14000 have to report for counselling on May 10, and the rank holder between 14001 to 20000 will be allocated seats on May 11, 2018. candidates can check important dates from below.
|VITEEE 2018 RanK||Important Dates|
|Examination Date||04 Apr to 15 Apr 2018|
|Results Declaration||27 Apr 2018|
|Counselling Dates (Tentative)||09 to 10 May 2018|
VITEEE 2018 Results: Click Here to Check your VITEEE 2018 Rank and Result. – NEW!
Official Website: www.vit.ac.in.
How to Check VITEEE 2018 Rank? – NEW!
Candidates have to follow the steps given below to check their VITEEE 2018 results. It should be noted that the results will not be sent by post to anyone. It will be available online only.
Follow the steps given below to check the VITEEE 2018 Results:
- Click on the direct result link given above on this page or visit the official website of VIT.
- A new window will pop-up. The candidate has to click on VITEEE 2018 link.
- On the new window, there will be result link available. Click on the link.
- Now the candidate has to enter the application number and the date of birth in the window. After entering the details, click on the submit button.
- They will now be able to see the VITEEE 2018 Result. It will be in the form of a scorecard. It will carry your VITEEE 2018 Rank.
Details in the VITEEE 2018 Rank Card
The VITEEE 2018 Rank card will contain the following details. Candidates must download it and keep it safe.
- Application Number
- Applicant Name
- Date of Birth
- VITEEE 2018 Rank
It will also give the rank above which they are not allowed to participate in the counselling process. Candidates are advised to take 2-3 printouts of the scorecard. It should be noted that no results will be sent by post to the candidates. They will have to take the scorecard online only. It will also be available through SMS on the registered mobile number.
VITEEE 2018 Result Calculation
The result of VITEEE 2018 is calculated through Equating Methodology. It is a statistical process that is used to adjust scores on test forms, approximately equivalent, so that score on the forms can be used interchangeably. Thus, equating is used to adjust scores of candidates who have taken different forms of a test, in order to facilitate meaningful and fair comparison for merit list and ranking of these candidates.
The statistical procedure of Equipercentile Equating is used by the university to identify the percentile ranks for candidates, such that scores on different forms with the same percentile rank are considered to be equivalent. Thus, it is a unique and invariant position of the test taker in that group.
For example: If a candidate scores 90 Percentile Rank, it denotes that there are 90 percent of test takers who have scored below this score level and 10 percent above this test score.
What after you have your VITEEE 2018 Rank?
After the VITEEE 2018 results have been declared, candidates now are aware of their VITEEE 2018 Rank. Now they have to appear in the counselling process for the admissions to the 4 campuses of VIT University. Candidates will be called for the process based on what ranks they have obtained in VITEEE. For the counselling process, the qualified candidates will have to bring some essential documents with them. The list of the documents that the candidate has to bring with them are as follows:
- VITEEE-2018 e-Admit Card /Counselling Admit card /VITEEE Result copy
- Class X Board Certificate as a proof of date of birth or any other Age proof Certificate
- Mark sheet of Qualifying Examination (if available)
- XII Board Hall Ticket for candidates who are awaiting their results.
- Transfer Certificate / School Leaving Certificate (if available)
- Migration Certificate (if issued by the Board)
- Community Certificate for candidates of SC/ST category only.
- Nativity Certificate (For candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura)
- Migration cum Transfer certificate for National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) candidates.
- DEMAND DRAFT for Rs 50,000 /- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’, payable at Vellore. It is the most important thing that the candidate has to carry to the counselling procedure.
- For hostel admission, DD for Rs 21,000/- drawn in favour of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore
There will be only 1 counselling process. Candidates are allowed to attend the counselling at any of the 4 campuses of the University. They have to keep in mind that they are allowed for the counselling process only once. Seats will be filled according to the rank obtained by the candidate.