VITEEE 2020 Exam Pattern – Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) will be conducting the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) 2020 for admissions to B.Tech degree programmes. VITEEE is a common entrance exam for VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT-AP and VIT-Bhopal, held in an online mode within various slots conducted on multiple days. VIT has changed the VITEEE 2020 exam pattern. The aptitude section in VITEEE will be in addition to subjects viz. Maths or Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English. For more detailed and updated information on VITEEE 2020 exam pattern, scroll down the article.
VITEEE 2020 Exam Pattern
VIT Engineering Entrance Examination shall be conducted between 2nd and 3rd week of April 2020. Since the question paper pattern for VITEEE 2020 is changed, candidates are advised to go through the new pattern and start preparing accordingly. Candidates are requested to give utmost attention during VITEEE Question paper selection (MPCEA / BPCEA). To know more, follow this article.
VITEEE 2020 Questions Paper Pattern
Aspirants applying for B.Tech must follow the new VITEEE 2020 exam pattern. There is an addition of aptitude section with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and Enlglish. The exam will conducted as three session per day. To know about exam pattern in details follow the below given VITEEE 2020 exam pattern.
Candidates need to select VITEEE 2020 questions paper from (MPCEA / BPCEA)
- Candidates opting for MPCEA (Maths / Physics/ Chemistry / English / Aptitude)in VITEEE 2020 are eligible for all the B.Tech. Programmes.
- Candidates opting for BPCEA (Biology / Physics/ Chemistry / English / Aptitude)in VITEEE 2020 are eligible for the following Bio stream programmes only. But after joining, registering Mathematics as bridge course is mandatory.
Question paper pattern is as follows.
- Mode of Examination : Computer based test (CBT)
- Medium of question paper : English
- Total Duration : 2 hours 30 minutes
- Type of questions : MCQ
- Total number of questions : 125
- Marking scheme: Each question carries 1 mark. No negative marking for wrong answers
The aptitude section in VITEEE will be in addition to subjects viz. Mathematics or Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English. Sections and number of questions distribution in VITEEE 2020.
|Sections||Subjects||No. of questions|
|Part –I||Mathematics / Biology||40|
VITEEE 2020 Examination Centers
Following are the states where VITEEE 2020 shall be conducted.
|Andhra Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh||Nagaland|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Jammu & Kashmir||Odisha|
|Uttar Pradesh||Uttarakhand||West Bengal|
VITEEE 2020 Important Instructions
- The selection of subjects (MPCEA / BPCEA) should be mentioned on the application form itself.
- Candidate may choose to appear in anyone of the specified sessions for opted question paper (MPCEA/BPCEA) only.
- Be present at the test centre as per the reporting time mentioned in the e-Admit card.
- Register your name in the registration counter and carry the e-Admit card and a valid ID proof for verification.
VITEEE 2020 Syllabus
The questions in VITEEE 2020 will primarily be from the State Board of Higher Secondary Education and the CBSE syllabus.The syllabus for all the five sections in the Entrance Examination is provided below.
|Matrices and their Applications||Taxonomy|
|Trigonometry and Complex Numbers||Cell and Molecular Biology|
|Analytical Geometry of two dimensions||Reproduction|
|Vector Algebra||Genetics and evolution|
|Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions||Human health and diseases|
|Integral Calculus and its Applications||Plant physiology|
|Differential Equations||Human physiology|
|Probability Distributions||Biotechnology and its applications|
|Discrete Mathematics||Biodiversity, ecology and environment|
|Laws of Motion & Work, Energy and Power||Atomic Structure|
|Properties of Matter||p,d and f Block Elements|
|Electrostatics||Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry|
|Current Electricity||Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical|
|Magnetic Effects of Electric Current||Electrochemistry|
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current||Isomerism in Organic Compounds|
|Optics||Alcohols and Ethers|
|Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics||Carbonyl Compounds|
|Nuclear Physics||Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives|
|Semiconductor Devices and their Applications||Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules|
English : Questions on English and it will be Multiple Choice Questions testing the comprehension of a short passage or line of poems, English grammar and pronunciation. Please note that the passages, lines of poems, dialogues, grammar and pronunciation items are chosen to suit the level of higher secondary or equivalent education.
Aptitude : Assessment will be the following topics.
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Number series, Coding and Decoding
- Clocks, Calendars and Directions
VITEEE 2020 Preparation
- Sticking to the provided syllabus is important for your preparation. Go through the syllabus once, note it down on paper and start with your preparation accordingly.
- VITEEE is not about solving all questions, but it is about solving the maximum number of questions in the prescribed time frame. Practice a lot in order to manage your timings in the examination.
- It is very crucial to complete NCERT books while preparing for VITEEE. NCERT books are the best source to build a strong foundation .
- An aspirant must improve his speed to crack this exam. This can easily be achieved by regular practice.
- Practice Mock Test and Sample Paper for VITEEE 2020 provided on the official website of VIT.
- Always try to give equal time to all sections/subjects in the examination. Better take a paper and choose units of physics, chemistry, mathematics/Biology, English and aptitude.
- Lastly, Do not forget to revise all the concepts you have studied.
About VITEEE 2020
An entrance examination for admissions to B.Tech programmes on offer in Vellore Institute of Technology, the VITEEE is conducted in a computer-based mode. The examination administered at an-All India level across 124 cities is held for 150 minutes where the candidates need to answer questions form Physics, Chemistry and Mathamatics/Biology subjects. The score of the exam is considered for admissions in VIT Vellore, Chennai, Bhopla and Amravati campuses. The admissions are offered on the basis of merit of the test takers.