VTUEEE 2020 – Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology is conducting the Vel Tech Undergraduate Engineering Entrance Examination (VTUEEE) 2020 for Scholarship for the award of Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship for four year B.Tech. Degree Programmes of the Institution. The exam is conducted in two modes i.e., CBT and PBT. Candidates who seek admission to B.Tech degree Programmes should have either completed or appearing in10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination in the academic year of admission. Aspirants must apply online on veltech.edu.in, official website before the last date. For detailed information on VTUEEE 2020, follow this article.
Latest: VTUEEE 2020 application form isavailable. Click Here to apply for the same.
Based on the rank obtained in VTUEEE 2020, candidates will get concession in the form of Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship. Candidates can avail the Scholarship calculated based on MPC Aggregate / VTUEEE 2020 ranking whichever is higher. Candidates aspiring for VTUEEE 2020 must stay updated with important events regarding VTUEEE 2020 by following the below given table.
|Events||Phase I||Phase II|
|Registration starts||8th Oct 2020||8th Oct 2020|
|Admit card issue||CBT- 1st week of Dec 2019|
PBT – 1st week of Jan 2020
|last week of Mar 2020|
|Date of examination||PBT – 22nd – 4th Jan 2020||PBT & CBT – 23rd- 26th Apr 2020|
|Result declaration||15th Feb 2020||6th May 2020|
VTUEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the below given eligibility criteria for admission to B.Tech Degree Programmes before applying for VTUEEE 2020 .
Qualifying Examination : Candidates who seek admission to B.Tech degree Programmes should have either completed or appearing for, any one of the following examinations; 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by any State Board, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi)
Academic Qualifications :
- A pass in +2 (or its equivalent).
- Those appearing for 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination in that particular academic year can appear for VTUEEE 2020.
- For the purpose of consideration for award of the Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship, the State from which the candidate has studied and appeared for the qualifying examination (12th standard examination of the State or Central Board) will be taken as the state to which the candidate belongs, even though the nativity of the candidate may be another State or Union Territory.
Age Limit : Candidates not more than 25 years are eligible. However, in case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Challenged (PC) candidates, age limit shall be relaxed by 5 year.
VTUEEE 2020 Application form
Applications for VTUEEE 2020 are invited in both online and offline mode. Candidates can apply Online or Onine to Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology. Candidates applying online are required to retain a photocopy of the filled-in form, and a copy of mode of remittance of Application-cum-Examination Fees.Request for change/correction in the application form submitted by the candidate will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Following are two modes for applying for VTUEEE 2020 .
Option 1: Online Application Form: Candidate can visit official website of the Univeristy and apply online.
Mode of payment : Application fee can be paid through Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card/ Paytm wallet.
Option 2 : Offline Application Form :
- Candidate can send in a Demand draft for Rs.950 drawn in favour of concerned authorities along with a requisition letter containing the full address of the applicant. OR
- Purchase the Application forms from the Regional offices of Vel Tech on cash payment of Rs.950 OR
- By handing over a DD for Rs.950 /- in person at Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology, Avadi, Chennai.
Note : The Institution shall not be responsible for any consequences arising out of non-acceptance of any
reason. Candidates are advised to take utmost care while filling in the details and reconfirm the same before dispatching the same. (Incomplete or overwritten Application form, shall be rejected.)
VTUEEE 2020 Syllabus
The question paper shall be based on JEE main 2020 syllabus. Following is the syllabus for VTUEEE 2020 as per the last year details.
Syllabus for Mathematics and Physics is as follows :
|SETS, RELATIONS AND FUNCTIONS||PHYSICS AND MEASUREMENT|
|COMPLEX NUMBERS AND QUADRATIC EQUATIONS||KINEMATICS|
|MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS||LAWS OF MOTION|
|PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS||WORK, ENERGY AND POWER|
|MATHEMATICAL INDUCTION||ROTATIONAL MOTION|
|BINOMIAL THEOREM AND ITS SIMPLE APPLICATIONS||GRAVITATION|
|SEQUENCES AND SERIES||PROPERTIES OF SOLIDS AND LIQUIDS|
|LIMIT, CONTINUITY AND DIFFRENTIABILITY||THERMODYNAMICS|
|INTEGRAL CALCULUS||KINETIC THEORY OF GASES|
|DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS||OSCILLATIONS AND WAVES|
|THREE DIMENSIONAL GEOMETRY||CURRENT ELECTRICITY|
|VECTOR ALGEBRA||MAGNETIC EFFECTS OF CURRENT AND MAGNETISM|
|STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY||ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ALTERNATING|
|–||DUAL NATURE OF MATTER AND RADIATION|
|–||ATOMS AND NUCLEI|
Chemistry syllabus :
Sections A – PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY
- SOME BASIC CONCEPTS IN CHEMISTRY
- STATES OF MATTER
- ATOMIC STRUCTURE
- CHEMICAL BONDING AND MOLECULAR STRUCTURE
- CHEMICAL THERMODYNAMICS
- REDOX REACTIONS AND ELECTRO-CHEMISTRY
- CHEMICAL KINETICS
- SURFACE CHEMISTRY
SECTION B: INORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- CLASSIFICATION OF ELEMENTS AND PERIODICITY IN PROPERTIES
- GENERAL PRINCIPLES AND PROCESSES OF ISOLATION OF METALS
- S – BLOCK ELEMENTS (ALKALI AND ALKALINE EARTH METALS)
- P- BLOCK ELEMENTS
- D – AND F – BLOCK ELEMENTS
- CO-ORDINATION COMPOUNDS
- ENVIRONMENTAL CHEMISTRY
SECTION C – ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- PURIFICATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF ORGANIC COMPOUNDS
- SOME BASIC PRINCIPLES OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING HALOGENS
- ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING OXYGEN
- ORGANIC COMPOUNDS CONTAINING NITROGEN
- CHEMISTRY IN EVERYDAY LIFE
- PRINCIPLES RELATED TO PRACTICAL CHEMISTRY
VTUEEE 2020 Exam Pattern
Following is the examination pattern for VTUEEE 2020 as per the last year details.
- Mode of examination – CBT and PBT
- Total duration – 3 hours (180 minutes)
- Total number of questions – 90 questions
- Medium of question paper – English
- Marking scheme – 4 marks shall be awarded for every correct answer. ¼ (one fourth) marks will be deducted for indicating incorrect response
- Sections : Questions paper consists of 3 sections Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
Following is the distribution of questions as per each section.
|Sections||No. of questions|
|Section A – Physics||30|
|Sections B – Chemistry||30|
|Sections C – Mathematics||30|
VTUEEE 2020 Important Books
Following are some important books candidates can refer to while preparing for VTUEEE 2020.
|Important books||Available here|
|Concepts of Physics (Set of 2 Volume)||Buy Here|
|Handbook of Physics||Buy Here|
|Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers Mathematics for Engineering Entrances||Buy Here|
|Problems In Mathematics with Hints and Solutions||Buy Here|
|Problems in Physical Chemistry||Buy Here|
|Advanced Problems in Organic Chemistry||Buy Here|
VTUEEE 202 Preparation Tips
Candidates must follow the below given preparation tips while preparing for VTUEEE 2020.
- Syllabus – The first step is to go through and refer the official syllabus of VUTEEE 2020, and make a study plan accordingly. VTUEEE 2020 question paper shall be based on JEE Mains syllabus.
- To build the foundation complete the NCERT books first. You must brush up on the fundamentals of your Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and Biology to do well in VTUEEE 2020 entrance exam.
- Try to make notes of the important things and formula so that you can revise them quickly afterwards.
- Next, prepare a study chart or timetable that you need to follow. this will also help you manage time wisely between your VTUEEE 2020 preparations and other day to day task
- Allocating equal preparation time to the main subjects is crucial. Study subject wise and prepare well for all the three subjects.
- Previous years question papers are the most important ingredient in preparing for VTUEEE 2020. Practising from previous years question papers will help you understand the exam pattern more clearly and you will get to know the level of the examination. Since the syllabus is based on JEE, candidates can also refer to JEE previous year question papers.
- Solve sample papers, previous years papers to get an idea of the questions that are more likely to come. Give mock series to know your position so that you can restart your preparation and change your level of studies accordingly.
- Preparation from good study material matters a lot in the preparations. Learning from the best and recommended books is also a vital factor that affects the results of the students.
- Lastly, do not forget to Revise what you have studied from the starting. Taking revisions must be included as the first task of the day. Concentrate and focus on brushing up and revising all the important concepts before you appear in the examination. All the best!
VTUEEE 2020 Admit Card
The Hall Ticket will be sent by post “Under Certificate of Posting (UCP)” to the candidate (including those who applied online) about two weeks before the conduct of the examination. VTUEEE admit card 2020 shall also be available online on the official website. Candidates can download using their application number and password generated during registration. A candidate who does not possess the Hall Ticket issued by the Institution shall not be permitted for the examination under any circumstances.
What to do if VTUEEE 2020 admit card is not received?
In case candidates do not receive their VTUEEE 2020 admit card at least 15 days prior to the date of the examination they need to inform or write to the Institution or concerned authorities of the same. Such requests must be sent to Director – UG Admission/Admission officer (VTUEEE 2020), with two photographs (as same as affixed on the Application Form). Photocopy of the Application Form, proof regarding remittance of fee (photocopy of the Demand Draft/ Challan) in respect of those candidates who have
submitted applications online, and the original postal receipt issued by the Post Office for having dispatched the Application Form by Registered/Speed Post in order to get the duplicate Hall Ticket.
VTUEEE 2020 Result
The test results shall be made available online on the official website. Separate results shall be declared for Phase 1 and Phase 2. An email intimating the rank will be sent to the candidate.The results will not be intimated via post. There is no provision for re-grading or re-totaling. Photocopies of the answer sheets will not be available. Any correspondence in this regard will not be entertained. After the declaration of result a rank card shall be prepared on the basis of total marks secured in VTUEEE 2020.
VTUEEE 2020 Counselling
After the result declaration Counselling for branch allocation for the short-listed candidates based on the merit list is conducted by the university. Details of various branches offered under the B.Tech Programme in the current year will be displayed at the counselling centre for the benefit of candidates to make their choice. Based on the availability, the candidate will be allotted the branch. No change of date/time of counselling is permissible. If a candidate does not personally appear before the Admission Committee for counselling on the date specified, his/her seat shall be offered to the next candidate in order of merit.
VTUEEE 2020 Fee structure
Following is the annual Fees payable for B.Tech Programmes (in Indian Rupees) :
For candidates appearing in Phase I :
|Branch of study||Annual Tuition Fee|
For candidates appearing in Phase II :
|Branch of study||Annual Tuition Fee|
Note : Caution Deposit of Rs.5,000 payable during admission will be refunded at the end of the programme.
About VTUEEE 2020
VTUEEE 2020 is a Vel Tech Undergraduate Engineering Entrance Examination for Scholarship which is conducted by Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology for the award of Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship for four year B.Tech. Degree Programmes of the Institution.
For more information, Click here to download the last year’s information brochure of VTUEEE
Official Website: veltech.edu.in