VTUEEE 2020 Preparation – The Vel Tech Undergraduate Engineering Entrance Examination for Scholarship is conducted by Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology for the award of Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship for four year B.Tech. Degree Programmes of the Institution. Candidates aspiring to appear in VTUEEE 2020, must begin with their preparations and formulating strategy on how to score good marks in VTUEEE 2020. The VTUEEE 2020 question paper shall be based on JEE main 2020 syllabus. Therefore, candidates need to go through the prescribed syllabus and other important details regarding VTUEEE 2020. For detailed information on the VTUEEE 2020 preparation, scroll down the article.
VTUEEE 2020 Preparation
Based on the rank obtained in VTUEEE 2020, candidates will get concession in the form of Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship. Candidates can avail the Scholarship calculated based on MPC Aggregate / VTUEEE 2020 ranking whichever is higher. In order to avail the scholarship, preparation must be to the point in order to bag higher ranking in VTUEEE 2020. Before starting with the preparation, aspirants must study the syllabus, exam pattern, important books to get a kick start on how to prepare for VTUEEE 2020. Follow the below-given article for detailed information.
VTUEEE 2020 Exam pattern
Candidates must be familiar with the VTUEEE 2020 exam pattern before beginning with their preparations. Studying the exam pattern provides much more clarity and understanding of pattern and questions to be asked in the examination. Hence, candidates must go through the below given exam pattern for VTUEEE 2020 as per last year’s details.
- Mode of examination – CBT and PBT
- Total duration – 3 hours (180 minutes)
- Total number of questions – 90 questions
- Medium of question paper – English
- Marking scheme – 4 marks shall be awarded for every correct answer. ¼ (one fourth) marks will be deducted for indicating incorrect response
- Sections : Questions paper consists of 3 sections Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
Distribution of sections and no. of questions is provided below.
|Sections||No. of questions|
|Section A – Physics||30|
|Sections B – Chemistry||30|
|Sections C – Mathematics||30|
VTUEEE 2020 Syllabus
While preparing for VTUEEE 2020, it is crucial to study the syllabus once and grasp all the important sections and topics included in the syllabus for all the three subjects.The question paper shall be based on JEE main 2020 syllabus. Following is the syllabus provided for VTUEEE 2020. Candidates must go through the same.
Chemistry syllabus :
Sections A – PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reactions and electro-chemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
SECTION B – INORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- General principles and processes of isolation of metals
- S – block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- P- block elements
- D – and f – block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
SECTION C – ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- Purification and characterization of organic compounds
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens, oxygen and nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
Syllabus for Mathematics and Physics are as follows :
|SETS, RELATIONS AND FUNCTIONS||PHYSICS AND MEASUREMENT|
|COMPLEX NUMBERS AND QUADRATIC EQUATIONS||KINEMATICS|
|MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS||LAWS OF MOTION|
|PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS||WORK, ENERGY AND POWER|
|MATHEMATICAL INDUCTION||ROTATIONAL MOTION|
|BINOMIAL THEOREM AND ITS SIMPLE APPLICATIONS||GRAVITATION|
|SEQUENCES AND SERIES||PROPERTIES OF SOLIDS AND LIQUIDS|
|LIMIT, CONTINUITY AND DIFFRENTIABILITY||THERMODYNAMICS|
|INTEGRAL CALCULUS||KINETIC THEORY OF GASES|
|DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS||OSCILLATIONS AND WAVES|
|THREE DIMENSIONAL GEOMETRY||CURRENT ELECTRICITY|
|VECTOR ALGEBRA||MAGNETIC EFFECTS OF CURRENT AND MAGNETISM|
|STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY||ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION AND ALTERNATING|
|–||DUAL NATURE OF MATTER AND RADIATION|
|–||ATOMS AND NUCLEI|
VTUEEE 2020 Important books
To begin with good preparation, preparation need to be in the right direction. And that direction is provided by important reference books and other online and offline resources to gather vast amount of knowledge for good preparation. Following are some important books recommended for VTUEEE 2020 preparation.
|Important books||Available here|
|Concepts of Physics (Set of 2 Volume)||Buy Here|
|Handbook of Physics||Buy Here|
|Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers Mathematics for Engineering Entrances||Buy Here|
|Problems In Mathematics with Hints and Solutions||Buy Here|
|Problems in Physical Chemistry||Buy Here|
|Advanced Problems in Organic Chemistry||Buy Here|
VTUEEE 2020 Preparation tips
Preparation for exams can be exhausting and time consuming activity but with good guidance and proper preparation tips, aspirants can formulate and follow through their preparation strategy. Candidates aspiring for VTUEEE 2020 and contemplating about how to start and where to start, must go through the below-given preparation strategies on how to prepare for VTUEEE 2020.
Tips from the Experts
- Syllabus – The first step is to go through and refer the official syllabus of VUTEEE 2020, and make a study plan accordingly. VTUEEE 2020 question paper shall be based on JEE Main syllabus.
- Study NCERT – To build the foundation complete the NCERT books first. You must brush up on the fundamentals of your Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and Biology to do well in VTUEEE 2020 entrance exam.
- Notes : Try to make notes of the important things and formula so that you can revise them quickly afterwards.
- Time table : Next, prepare a study chart or timetable that you need to follow. This will also help you manage time wisely between your VTUEEE 2020 preparations and other day to day tasks.
- Subject wise study : Allocating equal preparation time to the main subjects is crucial. Study subject wise and prepare well for all the three subjects. Since all the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) carry same weightage, it is important. to give equal important and time to all the three subjects.
- Mock Test : Take mock tests, Solve sample papers, previous years papers to get an idea of the questions that are more likely to come. Give mock series to know your position so that you can restart your preparation and change your level of studies accordingly.
- Resources : Preparation from good study material matters a lot in the preparations. Learning from the best and recommended books is also a vital factor that affects the results of the students.
- Revision : Lastly, do not forget to Revise what you have studied from the starting. Taking revisions must be included as the first task of the day. Concentrate and focus on brushing up and revising all the important concepts before you appear in the examination. All the best!
About VTUEEE 2020
VTUEEE 2020 is a Vel Tech Undergraduate Engineering Entrance Examination for Scholarship which is conducted by Vel Tech Rangarajan Dr. Sagunthala R&D Institute of Science and Technology for the award of Mahatma Gandhi National Merit Scholarship for four year B.Tech. Degree Programmes of the Institution. The exam is conducted in two phases (I & II). The candidate must have passed 10 + 2 or its
equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects for admission to any branch of B.Tech Degree Programmes.