WBJEE 2018 Result had been announced today, i.e. May 23, 2018. Candidates who appeared on the examination can now check the Result of WBJEE 2018 and download their WBJEE 2018 Rank Card from this page. The direct link to check the result is also given below. To check the WBJEE 2018 Result and download the Rank Card candidates need to log in using their application number and password. There will be detailed on the WBJEE Result 2018 such as name, roll number, total marks etc. In addition to that candidates will be able to download the same. Also, make sure to keep the printed Rank Card/Result of WBJEE safe until the admission process is over. Candidates can also check their Ranks on the website now that the Results have been announced.
WBJEE 2018 Result
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board was supposed to declare the WBJEE Result 2018 in the first week of June. But as per the latest notification, the results were preponed. Thus candidates can now check their Results online at wbjeeb.in.
|WBJEE 2018 Result||Important Dates|
|WBJEE 2018 Result||23 May 2018 – 4:00 PM|
|WBJEE 2018 Counselling||2nd week of Jun to 3rd week of Jul 2018 (Tentative)|
Check Result: Click Here to check the WBJEE 2018 Result.
Official Website: wbjeeb.nic.in
How to Check the WBJEE 2018 Result/Rank Card
WBJEE 2018 was conducted on April 22, 2018, for both Paper 1 & 2. For the same candidates can now check their Result following the simple steps below:
- Click on the direct link provided on this page above.
- On clicking the link the following login window will open. Enter the application number and password.
- After entering the details click on the submit button, the WBJEE Result 2018 will appear on the screen.
- Check all the details like name, roll number, marks and download the same.
- After that make sure you take printouts of the Rank Card of WBJEE 2018 and keep it safe until the admission process is over.
⇒ Toppers of WBJEE 2018 Declared – Check Here!
Forgot Application Number of Password of WBJEE 2018?
If by chance any of you have forgotten your application number or Password, then you must know how to retrieve the same. If not then you can follow the steps below. Without the application number or password, one cannot check their Result of WBJEE 2018. Thus, it is important to know the steps:
How to get WBJEE 2018 password?
- Click on the Forgot password link as shown below:
- Next, the following window will open. Click on the option via which you would like to retrieve your WBJEE 2018 Password. The password will be hence made available to you.
How to get WBJEE 2018 Application Number?
- Click on the forgot application number link as shown below. The next window will open and the candidates need to select their application form type.
- On clicking the “get application number” button candidate will be able to retrieve their application number.
Details on the WBJEE 2018 Result/Rank Card
Candidates will be able to check the following details on their WBJEE 2018 Rank Card or also called WBJEE 2018 Result:
- Roll number
- Total scores
- Individual scores in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- Date of birth
- Application number
WBJEE 2018 Result Notification
The notification regarding the release of Result/Rank Card of WBJEE 2018 was uploaded on the website on May 22, 2018. The notice is as follows:
WBJEE 2018 Rank – Merit List of WBJEE 2018
Apart from the Rank Card/ Result of WBJEE 2018, candidates can also check their Ranks from the Board’s Website. The rank will be available on the Merit List of WBJEE 2018. As per their scores of the candidates and Ranks obtained by them, they will be arranged into a list. This is the WBJEE 2018 Merit List.
Two separate Merit List is prepared:
- General Merit Rank (GMR)
- This merit list is based on the scores of Both paper 1 and paper 2 of WBJEE 2018.
- This list shall be applicable for admission to all Engineering / Technology / Architecture Courses and to the Pharmacy Course at Jadavpur University.
- WBJEE 2018 Result Ranking shall be done in the descending order of total marks scored in all the subjects
- Counselling and admission will be done on the basis of GMR only.
2. Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR)
- The PMR shall be prepared based on the score in paper-2 only
- PMR shall be applicable for admission to all Pharmacy Courses except at Jadavpur University.
- WBJEE 2018 Result Ranking shall be done in the descending order of marks scored in paper-2.
- Counselling and admission will be done on the basis of PMR only.
Note: Candidates appearing only in paper-1 will not get any rank
How Tie is Resolved in WBJEE 2018 Merit List – Know Here
If more 2 or more candidates secure the same score, then the board uses the following methods to resolve the ties:
For GMR list here are the rules:
- A candidate who will secure less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry, all taken
together will be considered higher in merit.
- Even after that If the tie still exists, the candidate who will score more positive marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together will be placed higher. If this does not break the tie, the candidate with more positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together will be placed higher in merit.
- If the tie is not resolved, the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together will be given preference in the ranking.
- Next method to break the tie could be to give preference to the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together.
- Candidate with more positive marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher if the tie is still not resolved. Followed by more positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions, and then more positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions if the tie is still not resolved.
- If the tie is still not resolved by applying the above methods, then the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher.
- To break the tie, the candidate with less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher in merit.
- At last, if the tie is still not resolved then the Board will take age criteria into consideration. Thus, the final tie-breaker criteria will be by considering the date of birth of the candidate, the older candidate will be given preference over the younger one.
WBJEE 2018 Cutoff
The cutoff of WBJEE 2018 is the minimum marks required to qualify the examination. In addition to that, the board publishes opening and closing ranks to intake admission in the various participating institutes of the state. This year’s cutoff will be based on the following:
- The number of participating candidates
- The difficulty level of the paper
- Number of seats available
- Past Trends
The opening and closing rank as per last year’s information are as follows:
|College Names||Opening Ranks||Closing Ranks|
|University of Calcutta, Kolkata||202||10123|
|RCC Insitute of Engineering and Technology||613||3823|
|Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, Jalpaiguri||695||4376|
|Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata||1935||10423|
|University Institute of Technology, The University of Burdwan, Burdwan||901||8323|
|Kalyani Government Engineering College, Nadia||496||1657|
|National Power Training Institute, Durgapur||1946||4225|
|Netaji Subhash Engineering College||1645||101465|
|Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College||326||1965|
WBJEE 2018 Counselling
The Board will conduct counselling of WBJEE 2018 based on the qualifying status of the candidates. thus, candidates who will qualify WBJEE 2018 will be able to take part in the counselling process. Also, the schedule for the counselling is available on the official website of WBJEE. Thus, candidates must follow the schedule to appear in the counselling rounds in each institute. Also, candidates must Know the documents for verification ready.
For any doubts or query, comment below!