Apart from national level entrance examination, West Bengal states also conduct its own engineering entrance exam. In the state of West Bengal, WBJEE 2019 is conducted for admission in UG Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture Courses. The exam is conducted by West Bengal Board of Joint Entrance Examination Board in offline mode.
WBJEE 2019 will be held for admission in academic session 2019-2020. The usual duration for the conduct of the exam is April and the Board releases the application form in the month of January. Around 1.5 to 2 lakh candidates appear for the exam every year. If you are planning to appear for the exam, do check the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and more details from this page.
WBJEE 2019 Exam
Candidates seeking admission in Engineering or Architecture course, will have to take Paper I and II of WBJEE. However, the Pharmacy aspirants only need to appear for Paper II. The schedule for WBJEE will be announced by the end of December 2018. As and when it will be released we will update it on this page. Until then, check the tentative dates from the table below.
|WBJEE 2019 Events||Important Dates|
|Filling up WBJEE 2019 Application Form||First week of Jan 2019|
|Last Date of filling up the Application Form Including Fee Payment||First Week of Feb 2019|
|Window for Editing any Information||First week of Feb 2019|
|Download WBJEE 2019 Admit Card||Second week of Apr 2019|
|Date of WBJEE 2019 Examination||Last week of Apr 2019|
|Declaration of WBJEE 2019 Result||First week of Jun 2019|
WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of the exam consists of the following factors:
Mode: Until now, the Board has been conducting WBJEE in pen and paper mode.
Type of Questions: All the questions will be of multiple choice type.
Papers: In WBJEE 2019, there will be two papers.
- The Paper I will be for Mathematics
- Paper II will be for Physics and Chemistry subject.
Category in Papers – Each paper will be sub-divided in three category.
- In Category 1: Only one option will be correct.
- In Category 2: Only one option will be correct.
- In Category 3: More than one option will be correct.
(No. of Questions)
(No. of Questions)
(No. of Questions)
WBJEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the admissions in the undergraduate courses of the state Colleges/ Universities it is advised that you check if you are eligible for appearing for the exam or not.The criteria of eligibility are as below:
Citizenship: A candidate appearing for the examination must be a citizen of India.
Age Restriction: The lower age limit is 17 years and there will be no limit in the upper age for all the courses provided except Marine Engineering Course. It will include the lower age limit 17 years of age and upper age limit will be 25 years.
- Candidate must passed ‘10+2’ examination with physics and mathematics along with any of the subject chemistry / biotechnology / biology / computer science / computer application as the compulsory subjects with individual mark (both theory and practical exam) in all the three subjects.
- Candidate must secure 45% marks in all three subjects taken together and candidate from any reserved category must secure at least 40% marks.
- Must secure 30% marks in english in 10+2 examination.
WBJEE 2019 Application Form
The application form for the entrance exam will be available online. You can fill up the application form from the official website. The application form will be a main window in order to attain the admission in any university / college of state. Only those candidates who are meeting the eligibility criteria as mentioned above are advised to fill the application form. Failure of meeting up the eligibility criteria may lead to the cancellation of admission during counselling and verification procedure. Candidates can check in detail about how to apply from the below mentioned details.
Procedure to apply online
- Firstly, visit the official website and click on the tab ‘apply online’
- Then, the candidates will have to register by submitting Personal Details, Contact Details, Choosing Password, and Security Pin.
- After the registration, the candidates will be able to access the application form of WBJEE 2019.
- Candidates will be required to upload scanned images in the form.
- Lastly, the candidates will have to submit the application fee amount.
Application Fee of WBJEE
The amount of WBJEE 2018 application form fee will be around:
|Fees||Rs. 500/- + Bank Applicable charges|
The Payment of the application fee can be made done by online and offline mode.
- Online Mode: Through this method the payment is made by
- Offline Mode: Through this the payment is made by cash using Allahabad e- challan. The status of the payment will be updated online. In case of any failure contact the Bank Branch immediately.
WBJEE 2019 Admit Card
Admit Card for the WBJEE 2019 examination will be issued online as per the schedule. The admit card contains the information regarding the test center details, date, your enrollment number, and the reporting timing for the examination. Candidates need to carry their admit card on the day of examination. You can take the printout of your admit card which will be available online on its official website.
Remember the duplicate admit card will not be provided after the examination.WBJEEB will not verify all the details while issuing the admit card online. Your details will be verified at the time of counselling, admission, registration etc.
WBJEE 2019 Result
The result of WBJEE 2019 will be notified as per the schedule. Candidate can check their marks online which will be available on your scorecard. The Scorecard will reflect your performance in different area of performance. You can download your result using application number and the password provided at the time of filling up the application form. The result will be displayed on the basis of the merit list decided by the board.
Merit list: The two separate merit list shall be provided by the board. Please check in detail from the following:
The shortlisted candidates appeared in this list will applicable for the admission to the degree level Engineering / Technology / Architecture courses.
The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the scores obtained in both the papers of entrance examination.
Ranking shall be done in the descending order of the total marks scored in all subjects.
Separate merit list will be prepared for the reserved category candidates.
Official Website of WBJEE 2019 is wbjeeb.nic.in