WBJEE 2019 – The WBJEE 2019 Result was released. Now the Board has released the Seat Allotment Result for Round 1. Candidates can log in and check the same. WBJEE 2019 is conducted for admission in UG Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture Courses in the state of West Bengal. The WBJEE 2019 paper 1 and 2 is for admission in Engineering or Architecture course. Such candidates are offered GMR ranks. However, the candidates who are seeking admission in the Pharmacy courses will have to appear in paper 2 only and they are offered PMR ranks. Check the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and more details from this page.
More than 2 lakh candidates appear in the WBJEE 2019 exam every year. Admission to all top notch engineering courses accepts WBJEE 2019 Ranks for admission in the West Bengal state. The exam is being conducted in offline mode and in one day. However, there will be 2 shifts. The dates have been revised, thus candidates are requested to take note of the new dates from the table below:
|WBJEE 2019 Events||Important Dates (Revised)|
|Filling up WBJEE 2019 Application Form||26 Dec 2018|
|Last Date of filling up the Application Form Including Fee Payment||22 Jan 2019|
|Window for Editing any Information||23 – 25 Jan 2019|
|Release of Answer Key||03 Jun 2019|
|Objections against model answer key||05 Jun 2019 (until 11:59 PM)|
|Release of Candidates responses||11 Jun 2019|
|Download WBJEE 2019 Admit Card||14 May 2019|
|Date of WBJEE 2019 Examination||26 May 2019|
|Declaration of WBJEE 2019 Result|
|Counselling||25 Jun – 20 Jul 2019|
WBJEE 2019 Counselling
The counselling process of WBJEE 2019 is totally based on the merit list that the WBJEEB publishes. The board releases a separate notification regarding the counselling process after the exam results are out. Below are the important points on WBJEE counselling:
- Counselling notice is made available at www.wbjeeb.in and www.wbjeeb.nic.in
- Eligible candidates are to participate in the counselling.
- A list of course wise and institute wise availability of seats is also made available before the counselling starts.
- Candidates have to be present in person at the reporting centres as per the scheduled dates that are made available later on.
- Click Here to check the list of candidates under Defence Quota.
- Click here to check the counselling notice for Defence Quota candidates.
- Click here to check the WBJEE 2019 Round 1 Seat Allotment Result.
- Click here to register for WBJEE 2019 Counselling.
WBJEE 2019 Counselling Guidelines
- Click Here to check the Previous Year’s Opening and Closing Ranks.
WBJEE 2019 Answer Key
The Final WBJEE 2019 Answer key has been made available on the official website of West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam (WBJEE). The answer key for WBJEE provides the candidates the correct answers to the questions asked in the WBJEE examination. Earlier the Preliminary answer key was released. Candidates need to login and check the Answers for the questions appeared in the WBJEE 2019. The preliminary answer key for WBJEE was available to be challenged. After the acceptance of challenges, a new answer key has been released with the required changes. This is the Final Answer Key for WBJEE 2019. Candidates can check the Final answer key for WBJEE using the link provided below:
Answer Key: Click Here to check Final WBJEE 2019 Answer Key.
WBJEE 2019 Candidate’s Response
West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board has released the Response sheet for the WBJEE Exam conducted on May 26, 2019. Earlier the Answer Key was released, candidates can now check the responses marked by them in the exam. All the candidates need to log in using their Application Number and Password to view the Responses. In the case the candidate is not satisfied by the response shown in the response sheet, can challenge the same. The candidate has to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 500 per response to be reviewed. Candidates can use the link provided below to check their responses.
Response Sheet: Click Here to View OMR Images, View Responses and Challenge Responses.
WBJEE 2019 Admit Card
The board has issued the Admit Card for the WBJEE 2019 examination online at wbjee.nic.in. The admit card contains the information regarding the test center details, date, your enrollment number, and the reporting timing for the examination. Candidates need to carry their admit card on the day of examination. The board is not liable to send the admit card via post to any candidates under any circumstances.
Remember the duplicate admit card is not provided after the examination. The candidates need to keep the admit card safe until the WBJEE 2019 counselling ends. Using the admit card the candidates’ details are verified at the time of counselling, admission, registration etc.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of the exam consists of the following factors:
- Mode: Pen and paper mode.
- Type of Questions: All the questions will be of multiple choice type.
- Papers: In WBJEE 2019, there will be two papers.
- The Paper I will be for Mathematics
- Paper II will be for Physics and Chemistry subject.
- The category in Papers – Each paper will be sub-divided in three categories.
- In Category 1: Only one option will be correct.
- In Category 2: Only one option will be correct.
- In Category 3: More than one option will be correct.
Check the table below to have a proper clarity on the distribution of marks:
|Papers||Category-I||Category-II||Category-III||Total Number Of Questions||Total Marks|
|No. of Questions||No. of Questions||No. of Questions|
WBJEE 2019 Syllabus
There is a syllabus that is prescribed by WBJEEB that is to be followed for the WBJEE 2019 exam. The syllabus is as follows:
Mathematics: In the Maths exam, there would be more subjects and related topics. The candidates can check it as follows:
- AP, GP, HP Series
- Complex Numbers
- Polynomial equation
- Permutation and combination
- The principle of mathematical induction
- Binomial theorem
- Sets, Relations and Mappings
- Relation and its properties
- Statistics and Probability
- Trigonometric functions
- Addition and subtraction formula
- Formulae involving multiple and submultiple angles
- The general solution of trigonometric equations
- Properties of triangles
- Inverse trigonometric functions and their properties.
- Slope of Lines
- The equation of a circle
- Differential calculus
- Integral calculus
- Differential Equations
- Application of Calculus
Physics: For Physics the candidates are advised to go through the topics:
- Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions
- Laws of motion
- The motion of the centre of mass, connected systems
Chemistry: The candidates can check the topics relate to Chemistry as:
- Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
- Atomic Structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
WBJEE 2019 Important Books
Also, there are important books that are recommended over the years for WBJEE 2019 preparations. These important books are really helpful when it comes to cracking the WBJEE 2019 exam:
|Name of the Book||Author||Buying Link|
|Concepts of Physics (Set of 2 Volume)||H C Verma||Buy Here|
|Problems In General Physics||I.E. Irodov||Buy Here|
|Handbook of Physics||Nipendra Bhatnagar||Buy Here|
|Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers Mathematics for Engineering Entrances||B.L. Sharma||Buy Here|
|Problems In Mathematics with Hints and Solutions||V. Govorov, P. Dybov, N. Miroshin, S. Smirnova||Buy Here|
|Problems in Physical Chemistry||Narendra Awasthi||Buy Here|
|Advanced Problems in Organic Chemistry||M. S. Chouhan||Buy Here|
|General Aptitude Theory and Practice||Anand Kumar, Ajay Kumar||Buy Here|
|General Aptitude: Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning||GKP||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S. Aggarwal||Buy Here|
How To Prepare For WBJEE 2019 Exam
It is important to know how you will be going about your preparation. WBJEE is not a piece of cake unless you are very well prepared and have got your concepts clear. However, here are a few tips that can be helpful for WBJEE 2019 Preparations:
Below are more tips that have compiled on the basis of what experts and toppers have said:
- Study continuously, don’t leave anything for the last day.
- Give equal emphasis to all the subjects. Many toppers have said they have devoted equal time and efforts to all the subjects.
- Experts say that it is important to have a Conceptual Clarity.
- Mock tests and solving previous year questions helps a lot
- Regularly analyse your performance to know how much you need to work on further.
- Combine smart work and hard work.
WBJEE 2019 Application Form
The application form to apply for the WBJEE 2019 exam is available in the online mode only. No other mode to apply for the exam is available. There will be no printed application form. Therefore all the application process is to be completed in the online mode.
Procedure to apply online:
- To apply online candidates need to Register first using valid email id and mobile number. Also, they will need to enter Parent’s name, date of birth, gender, identification type, and number. There will be other important steps to register, for details click here.
- Next, the application form will appear on the screen. Here the candidates have to fill out all the important details like personal details, zones of examination etc.
- After that, the candidates need to upload scanned copies of their recent passport sized photograph and signature.
- To submit the application form, the candidates have to make a payment of Rs. 500/- in online mode only.
- After the submission of the application form, the confirmation page will appear, candidates have to take the printout of this confirmation page for future uses. The application process is not over until the confirmation page is generated.
Application Fee of WBJEE: Rs. 500/- via online mode only.
This year there is no offline mode of payment is available for WBJEE 2019.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Date Notification
Here is the official notice by WBJEEB regarding the important dates of WBJEE. Candidates have to adhere by these dates so as to appear in the WBJEE 2019.
WBJEE Application Form Correction Window
Yes! WBJEEB will allow the candidates to correct any mistakes in their application form. There will be a WBJEE 2019 application form correction window open for 2 days. This window will be one and only chance for those candidates who will commit any mistake in the application form.
In addition to that, it is to be kept in mind that, there will be a revised confirmation page generated for those candidates who will make any correction in the form. Candidates have to download and print the revised page.
What details cannot be changed?
Candidates cannot change the following details in their application form:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of Birth
WBJEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of WBJEE 2019 is clearly defined by the board. Thus, it is important to adhere to those norms before applying online for the exam. The eligibility criteria are given in the brief heads below:
Citizenship: Candidates must be a citizen of India.
Age Restrictions: There is a lower age limit in WBJEE 2019, however, there is no upper age limit. To apply for WBJEE 2019 the candidates must have completed 17 years of age on December 31, 2019.
Exception: For admission in degree level marine engineering course there is an upper age limit of 25 years as on December 31, 2019.
Academic Qualification: The academic qualification to apply for WBJEE 2019 exam are as follows:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 exam with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application / Technical vocational subjects as compulsory subject with individual passing marks.
- Also, the aggregate marks of the candidates in all the above subjects taken together must be at least 45% for the general category candidates and 40% for the reserved category candidates.
- Also it compulsory to pass English in 10+2 level with minimum 30% marks.
The result of WBJEE 2019 has been released on the official website that is wbjee.nic.in. Candidate can check their marks online which is mentioned on the scorecard. The candidates need to download the result using application number and the password provided at the time of filling up the application form. The result is displayed on the basis of the merit list decided by the board.
Merit list: The two separate merit list shall be provided by the board – General Merit List (GMR) and another being the Pharmacy Merit List (PMR).
The shortlisted candidates appeared in these lists will be applicable for the admission to the degree level Engineering / Technology / Architecture courses. The merit list is prepared on the basis of the raw scores obtained in both the papers of entrance examination. Ranking shall be done in the descending order of the total marks scored in all subjects. Separate merit list is prepared for the reserved category candidates.
The tie-breaking rules in case one or more candidates secure the same marks are as follows:
Here are the few most frequently asked questions on WBJEE:
Q1: What are the minimum and maximum age requirement?
A: The upper age limit is none. However, the lower age limit is 17 years as on December 31, 2019. For admission to the degree level Marine Engineering Course The upper age limit is 25 Years as on December 31, 2019.
Q2: I am studying in XYZ Board; am I eligible?
A: You check the list of boards eligible for WBJEE 2019 from the official website.
Q3: What are the number of seats available in different colleges and branches?
A: The list of seats will be made available before the counselling.
Q4: Is the application fee refundable if I do not sit for the examination?
Q5: What do I do if the Confirmation Page is not generated even if the fee is deducted from my bank account?
A: The confirmation page is auto-generated. If the payment is received, the confirmation page will be surely made available. If not, then there might be some technical issue regarding the payment. In such case, the candidate should make payment again. As per rule, the failed payment is reversed by the Bank.
About West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB)
WBJEEB is the conducting body of WBJEE 2019. It was constituted in the year 1962 by the Government of West Bengal. The Board is responsible to conduct common, combined, competitive, entrance examinations for admission to the undergraduate professional and vocational courses in any College or in any University in the State of West Bengal.
Official Website of WBJEE 2019 is wbjeeb.nic.in
For more information download here the WBJEE 2019 Information Bulletin.