WBJEE 2020 – The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board is conducting the WBJEE on February 02, 2020. WBJEEB has initiated the WBJEE form correction facility from November 14 to 16. WBJEEB conducts WBJEE for admission to undergraduate courses in Engineering & Technology in various colleges of the West Bengal state. WBJEE 2020 is conducted in the offline mode. WBJEE is scheduled to be conducted at multiple centres across the whole state of West Bengal. The candidates who have passed 10+2 with atleast 45% marks can apply for WBJEE 2020. Scroll down to know more details on the WBJEE 2020, including important dates, application form, eligibility criteria, pattern and syllabus.
Latest: WBJEE 2020 application form correction is now available. Click Here to make corrections in the WBJEE form!
WBJEE 2020 is conducted for admissions to pharmacy and architecture courses as well apart from the engineering and technology courses. Candidates looking for this exam must take a look at this page to know the complete information about the exam and other important information about it. Take a look at the WBJEE 2020 dates for WBJEE 2020.
WBJEE 2020 Event Calendar
|Start of Online Form Filling||18 Oct 2019|
|Last date of online form fill up including payment and downloading confirmation page||13 Nov 2019|
|Window for correction by candidates||14 Nov – 16 Nov 2019|
|Download Admit Card||27 Jan 2020|
|Date of Examination||02 Feb 2020|
|Publication of Result||To be notified|
WBJEE Mock Test – Free!!
You can also try WBJEE Mock Test by AglaSem for for Free. You need not to pay anything, simply login and take the test. AglaSem Mock Test for WBJEE 2020 examination is available subject wise as well.
|Physics||40||60 Min||Click Here|
|Chemistry||40||60 Min||Click Here|
|Mathematics||75||120 Min||Click Here|
WBJEE 2020 Application Form
The students who wish to apply and sit for the WBJEE 2020 Exam must compulsorily fill the WBJEE 2020 application form. Without filling it, the students will not be eligible to appear for the exam and other related processes. The application form is available in an online mode only. The applicants have to visit the official website to fill the application form. They will have to give some details in the application form and upload some documents for submitting the application form.
As the last step to submit the application form, the candidates will have to pay the application fee.
WBJEE 2020 Application Fee
Those students who are applying for WBJEE 2020 must pay the application fee as well. The application fee can be paid by any of the means as mentioned in the prospectus. The students have to ensure that the application fee has been paid successfully otherwise the student will not be eligible for sitting in the exam. Hence it should be ensured that the payment for the exam shall be done on time.
Application Fee: Category wise WBJEE 2020 application fee is given below.
WBJEE 2020 Application Form Correction – Available!
After the closing of the WBJEE registration window, WBJEEB has facilitated the candidates with the WBJEEB 2020 form correction. If in case candidates have made any mistakes while filling the WBJEE application form, they can rectify the same using this window. The WBJEE 2020 application form correction is available via the login that the candidates created while filling the application form. Candidates must note that some details in the application form cannot be rectified, hence, they need to be cautious while filling the application form.
Details that cannot be rectified via the WBJEE 2020 Application Form Correction window.
— Name of the Candidate
— Father’s Name
— Mother’s Name
— Date of Birth
Candidates must note that if they receive any email or SMS for the image correction, the corrective measures must be taken within one day.
WBJEE 2020 Exam Date and Time
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board has released the schedule for the WBJEE 2020. As per the schedule the board has set the WBJEE 2020 exam date on February 02, 2020. However, the WBJEE 2020 exam date and time has been notified, but the board may change the date in extreme circumstances. The WBJEE will be conducted in two papers, that is Paper 1 for Mathematics and Paper 2 for Physics and Chemistry. The exam time for WBJEE can be checked from the table below.
|Paper 1 (Mathematics)||11:00 AM to 1:00 PM|
|Paper 2 (Physics and Chemistry)||2:00 PM to 4:00 PM|
WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Board lays some terms and conditions for the students who want to pursue Engineering. These are known as eligibility criteria which have been prescribed by the Board in order to apply for WBJEE 2020. The eligibility criteria for WBJEE 2020 is listed below.
Nationality: The applicant should be an Indian Citizen.
Age Restriction: Those who are applying sould be minimum 17 years of age. There is no upper limit in appearing for the exam.
- Candidate must have passed the Qualifying Examination (10+2) with the subjects Physics and Mathematics along with one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Computer Science/ Computer Application / Biology / Technical vocational subject as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks in (practical and theory) all the three subjects mentioned above.
- The candidates must have secured minimum 45% marks (40% for SC / ST) in the above given subjects.
- The candidates must have passed English in 10+2 with minimum of 30% marks.
- Also, the Board of the qualifying examination must be recognized by Central or State Government.
Also, 10% of the seats will be reserved for the candidates who have appeared in JEE Main exam.
WBJEE 2020 Exam Pattern
The next thing which the students must know is the WBJEE 2020 exam pattern. Those students who are preparing for this exam must definitely know about the exam pattern as it will help the student in preparing for the exam accordingly. Take a look at the exam pattern for WBJEE 2020. The students can expect it to remain the same.
- Mode of Examination: Offline Examination
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)
- Duration –
- for Paper 1 – 2 hours
- for Paper 2 – 2 hours
- Number of Categories: 3
- Distribution of Questions Categorywise: Check the distribution of questions given below:
|Total no. of|
WBJEE 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of WBJEE 2020 is important for the candidates as with the syllabus, they will know what all things they have to prepare as per the syllbus and hence reduce time wastage on other topics. Check the official syllabus for WBJEE 2020 from the buttons below. The syllabus of both the papers is now available below.
WBJEE 2020 Marking Scheme
After knowing the exam pattern, the students must know the marking scheme as well for the exam. It is an important thing which the candidates must definitely know. Check the marking scheme for WBJEE 2020 Exam.
- Only one option is correct.
- Correct response will yield 1 (one) mark.
- Incorrect response will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks.For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/4 (25% negative) marks.
- N0 marks for the unanswered questions.
- Only one option is correct.
- Correct response will yield 2(two) marks
- Incorrect response will yield -1/2 (25% negative) marks.
- For any combination of response with more than one option, the said answer will be treated as incorrect and will yield -1/2 (25% negative) marks.
- 0 marks for the unanswered questions.
- One or more options may be correct.
- Only all Correct response will yield 2(two) marks.
- Any combination of correct and wrong response will be treated as incorrect and will yield 0 (zero) mark.
- For the partially correct response, marks awarded will be = 2 x (no. of correct options marked + total no. of correct options.
- No marks for the unattempted questions.
WBJEE 2020 Preparation Tips
Apart from knowing the exam pattern, syllabus and important books, it is important for the candidates to follow some preparation tips. Check out the tips for WBJEE 2020 preparation from the toppers who gave their valuable tips for acing this exam.
- Know the syllabus. It is an important thing which the students must definitely know and have with them while preparing. It will help them in covering only the required topics and hence not waste time on any of other unnecessary topics.
- Have clarity of the basic concepts. It is a prerequisite which the students should definite;y adhere to. Having clear concepts will help them solve any type of question since this exam demands the application of concepts.
- Practice and Practice. It is a must thing to do. The practice must involve solving questions of all difficulty levels and not just be concentrating on any one of the topics.
- Take mocks to get an idea of the type of the question which they can expect in the paper. Mocks can also be used to analyse all the weak areas and improve upon them.
- Have proper rest and food. It is essential for having a fresh mind before the exam so that you perform well and not feel sleepy during the exam time.
WBJEE 2020 Important Books
The students who shall prepare for this exam must also know the important books for preparation of this exam. It is important that the student has the best set of books with them for an effective preparation so that they can clear all their concepts and ace this exam very easily. For the same reason, we have listed some of the books here.
|Name of the Book||Link to Buy|
|WB JEE Engineering Solved Paper 2018 Paperback – 2017||Click here|
|WB JEE Chapterwise Explorer Engineering – Mathematics Paperback – 13 Dec 2017||Click here|
|WB JEE Chapterwise Explorer Engineering – Physics and Chemistry||Click here|
|WB JEE Chapterwise Explorer Physics and Chemistry – Engg Paperback – Aug 2016||Click here|
|Ultimate WBJEE All In One Question Bank Paperback – 2018||Click here|
WBJEE 2020 Admit Card
The admit card of West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations is issued to all the test – takers over the official website of WBJEEB. The candidates can download the admit card by entering the respective login credentials. WBJEE Hall Ticket consists of the information like name and address of the candidates, exam date, address of the exam centre etc. Make sure a valid id proof is also carried with the admit card. Candidates can also get the duplicate admit card, in case they have misplaced the admit card.
WBJEE 2020 Answer Key
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) publishes the model answer keys at the official website. The candidates can challenge those model answer keys and will have to pay Rs 500 per question. The answer key can be extracted from the official website by entering the login credentials.
The Board considers the errors and mistakes and releases a final answer key on the basis of the mistakes. The final answer key consists of the rectified answers. The candidates cannot then again challenge the final answer key as the decision regarding the final answer key will be final and no excuses will be entertained later.
WBJEE 2020 Merit List
For the WBJEE 2020 Exam, on declaration of WBJEE 2020 Result two separate merit list is going to be preparaed by the Board. WBJEE 2020 Aspirants can have a look at both the merit list which shall be prepared for the counselling purpose:
- General Merit Rank(GMR)- This list shall be prepared based on the total score obtained in paper-I and paper-II by the candidate in WBJEE 2020 Exam. It will be applicable to all the Engineering and Technology Courses. The rank in the GMR will be used for the counselling and the admission purpose. Also, a separate category list will be prepared for admissions of the respective category students.
- Pharmacy Merit List- This list shall be used for admissions to the pharmacy courses.
WBJEE 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria
If in case two or more candidates have secured the same number of marks then the tie-breaker criteria will be applied. The preferences will be given in the following way given below.
- Firstly, less negative marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics will be taken together
- If the tie still persists then more positive marks in Mathematics and Physics will be taken together
- Then, more positive marks in Chemistry and Mathematics will be taken together
- If the tie is still there, then Mathematics and Physics will be taken together
- Then, less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry will be taken together
- Then, more positive marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks question will be taken into consideration
- If the tie is still there then, more positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions will be considered
- If the tie is still there then, more positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions will be taken into account
- Then, less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions
- And at last, less negative marks in Physics for the only 2 marks questions will be taken into consideration
If none of the above satisfies, the date of birth of the two students shall be compared. The older candidate is given the preference and the final merit list shall be released on the official website.
WBJEE 2020 Result
The results of WBJEE 2020 shall be declared on the official website after the exam has been conducted successfully. The results shall be available on the official website of WBJEE. The result for WBJEE 2020 is declared in the form of the rank card.
The WBJEE 2020 Rank Card will contain all the important details such as relevant ranks, total score and component scores in paper-I (Mathematics) and paper-II (Physics & Chemistry). The students are advised to keep the rank card safe with them till the counselling process gets over.
WBJEE 2020 Counselling
WBJEE 2020 Counselling is conducted after the announcement of WBJEE 2020 Result. WBJEE Counselling takes place in the online mode. They will be declared as qualified only if they score the minimum marks as specified by the board.
The allocation of the colleges to the student shall be on the basis of the rank obtained by the student in the GMR. In the counselling process, the verification of the details of the student shall be done and all the documents for admissions purpose. The admissions will stand cancelled if it is found that the students do not fill any of the criteria as specified by the Board.
List of participating institutes: Click Here to check the list of participating institutes along with the seat intake.
WBJEE 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : : The upper age limit is none. However, the lower age limit is 17 years as on December 31, 2020. For admission to the degree level Marine Engineering Course The upper age limit is 25 Years as on December 31, 2020
Ans : The list of seats will be made available before the counselling. As for no official seats have been released by the organization.
Ans : You check the list of boards eligible for WBJEE 2020 from the official website.
Ans : 1.25 lakhs students appeared for WBJEE 2019
Ans : WBJEE is a state-level examination. WBJEE is considered easier than JEE Advanced but tougher than JEE Mains.
Ans : No, there is not as such rules for no.of times appearing in WBJEE. However, you have to pass the examination to appear in the counselling process.
Ans : Interested candidates need to pass 10+2 with 45% of marks, domicile certificate (if) applicable and the lower age limit is 17 years on December 31, 2019.
Ans : Yes, West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination will be conducted in 2021. However, there is not any official date released by the website. WBJEE 2020 will be conducted on February 02, 2020 (Tentatively)
Ans : Yes, candidates from every state can apply for WBJEE. There is no requirement of residential domicile to appear in the examination.
Ans : Candidates belonging to ST/SC/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD will have to provide their certificates to claim their reservation. Reservation can be claimed by the West Bengal candidates only.
Ans : WBJEE authorities have provided with 23 West Bengal Districts and 2 Other districts from other places. Candidates can choose any from the mentioned place.
Ans : WBJEE is a state-level examination Conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board and many private and governmental Institutes in West Bengal.
Ans : General Merit List (GMR) and Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR). GMR is used for engineering counselling and PMR is used for Pharmacy counselling.
For more details – Download the WBJEE 2020 Information Bulletin