WBUT PGET 2019 – Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), West Bengal conducts WBUT PGET for admissions in Engineering PG Courses. Application form for WBUT PGET 2019 has been released now. Interested candidates can apply online for the same qualifying this examination allows the candidates to take admission in the university and its various affiliated colleges. There is an admission process that all the candidates have to finally take admission. All the steps of the admission process are discussed on this page. Moreover, all these stages are to be completed within a certain amount of time. Therefore, make sure you read the details given on this page carefully.
Fact: Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT) was formerly known as the West Bengal University of Technology. It is a state university, founded in the year 1998. The University offers a wide range of courses for Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes for which the university conducts entrance examinations like PGET, CET, JEMAT, etc.
WBUT PGET 2019
The PGET Board as constituted by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal, is the sole authority to conduct the examination and declare the results. Admission to Post Graduate courses in Engineering/Technology/ will be as per the merit list prepared through PGET followed by counselling. Thus the important dates regarding the admission process are given below:
|Start date for filling of online application form||10 Jun 2019|
|Last date for submitting the online application||28 Jun 2019|
|Release of admit card||09 Jul 2019|
|Examination||13 Jul 2019|
|Declaration of Result||To be Announced|
Before starting the application process make sure you are well aware of the eligibility criteria. Your candidature will cancel if you don’t fit into the eligibility criteria at any point in the admission process.
WBUT PGET 2019 Admission Process
The admission of WBUT PGET 2019 will start with the filling of the online application form and will end with the counselling process. Therefore candidates must check the admission process carefully, Here is the brief outline of the admission process. The stages are discussed in details further on this page.
Here are the courses on which admission will be made based on WBUT PGET 2019 scores:
Electronics & Communication Engineering:
- M.Tech. (VLSI Design & Embedded Technology)
- M.Tech (Embedded Technology)
- M.Tech. (Electronics & Communication)
- M.Tech. (Mobile Communication Engg)
- M.Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engg)
- M.Tech. (Telecommunication Engg)
- M.Tech. (VLSI Technology)
M.Tech. In Microelectronics & VLSI Technology
Computer Science (CSE) & IT Related:
- M.E. (Computer Science & Engineering)
- M.Tech. (Computer Science & Engg)
- M.Tech. (Information Technology)
- M.Tech. (Software Engineering)
- M.Tech. (Computer System Technology)
- M.Tech. (Computer Science with Information Security)
Computer Science (CSE) & IT Related:
- M.Tech. (Multimedia & Software Systems)
M.Tech. Ceramic Technology
M.Tech. (Nano Biotechnology)
M.Tech. (Leather Technology)
M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering)
M.Tech. (Applied Electronics & Instrumentation)
- M.Tech. (GeoTechnical Engineering)
- M.Tech. (Structural Engineering)
- M.Tech. (Power System)
- M.Tech. (Electrical Device & Power System)
M.Tech. (Mechatronics Engineering)
- M.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)
- M.Tech. (Manufacturing Technology)
- M.Tech. (Heat Power Engineering)
M.Tech. (Automotive Technology)
M.Tech. (Food Technology)
- M.Tech. (Mechanical Processing in Textile)
- M.Tech. (Chemical Processing in Textile)
- M.Tech. (Textile Engineering)
M.Tech. (Biomedical Instrumentation)
M.Tech. (Industrial Engg & Management)
M.Tech. (Nanoscience & Nanotechnology)
M.Tech. (Production Engineering)
WBUT PGET 2019 Eligibility
Now, it is important that whether or not you are eligible for the examination. WBUT PGET 2019 is only for those candidates who will satisfy the eligibility criteria. Thus below we have discussed every point in details. If you face any doubt feel free to ask in the comments below.
Nationality: Candidates should be an Indian Citizen.
Qualification: Candidates should have a relevant AICTE approved Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture or appearing in the final year examination of such programmes or equivalent.
WBUT PGET Application Form
Candidates have to fill the application form and pay the application fee in the online mode only. However, they also need to send the application form via post to the university. The printout of the application form should be thus taken by the candidates. Here are the brief steps of the applications process.
- For detailed steps, candidates can click here.
- Fill the online application form by providing all the data properly.
- Upload Photograph and signature
- Submit the application form
- Make payment.
- Take a printout of the application form and send it via post.
- Keep a copy of the same with yourself for future references.
WBUT has notified Application fees for PGET 2019 that needs to be paid through online mode only.
|OBC / General||600/-|
|SC / ST||300/-|
WBUT PGET 2019 Exam Pattern
Aspiring candidates must be curious about the examination pattern. It is really important to know the exam structure as it will help in preparation. Thus, below are the details of the WBUT PGET Examination.
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Duration: 90 Minutes
- Total Number of Questions: 50
- Total Marks: 100
- Marking Scheme: No negative marking, +1 for the correct answer.
Subject for examination: The candidate will have to appear for the subject related to the M.Tech course they have applied for. Also, there will be questions from English and Aptitude, and Mathematics and Basic Science.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks Per Question||Total Marks|
|English and Aptitude||20||1||20|
|Mathematics and Basic Science||30||1||30|
How To Prepare?
- The university has not notified any syllabus for preparation. But it is obvious that the questions in the examination will be as per the course that the candidate has selected to take admission into. Thus, candidates need to prepare accordingly.
- It is said that the syllabus is per GATE syllabus but the examination is comparatively easier.
- Therefore candidates can take help of the GATE syllabus to prepare for WBUT PGET 2019.
- Gather previous years question papers of WBUT PGET and start solving them. This is the best-known method to prepare for WBUT PGET.
Important Books For Preparation
Here are few books that one can use to prepare for WBUT PGET 2019 Preparations:
|Name of the Book||Authour||Buying Link|
|Wiley’s Quantitative Aptitude||P.A. Anand||Buy Here|
|Practice Book for GATE & PSUs||Made Easy Editorial Board||Buy Here|
For more books scroll up and access the preparation resources of WBUT PGET 2019.
WBUT PGET 2019 Admit Card
MAKAUT will release the WBUT PGET 2019 Admit card on the official website. The release will be made one week before the examination. Thus the candidates must keep a regular track of the release. Without the admit card, no candidates will be allowed in the examination hall. Thus, make sure you download the admit card and print the same properly in an A4 sheet. To download the admit card candidates need to log in using their application number. Also, the admit card will be available only to those candidates who will successfully complete the application process before the deadline.
WBUT PGET 2019 Result
WBUT PGET 2019 Result will be available on the official website in the form of Merit list. The PDF of the entire list will be available on the website of MAKAUT. Thus, candidates need not log in and check their scores. The result will contain the serial number and name of the candidates. For GATE/GPAT candidates 50% marks of their GATE/GPAT scores will be used to prepare the merit list. If there is any tie situation then the previous accademic qualifications will be used to break the tie. The merit list will also contain the list of the candidates in the waiting list.
WBUT PGET 2019 Counselling
MAKAUT will call the Candidates for admission rounds on the basis of their position in WBUT PGET 2019 Merit List. As per the availability of seats the candidates will be selected for admission at various participating institutes. The candidates will be allowed to practise the choice of their desired institute. If any seat remains vacant the next batch of candidates from the merit list will be called. Thus, make sure to check the website for admission notice if your name appears in the merit list of WBUT PGET 2019.
Participating Colleges and Seats
Here are the number of seats available in the participating colleges of WBUT PGET 2019. The data is as per 2018 data. The seats are subjected to change. This is just for reference purpose.
Official website: www.wbut.ac.in