WIT Darbhanga Admission 2019 – Women’s Institute of Technology- Women’s Institute of Technology (WIT) situated in Bihar offers Undergraduate degree level courses in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science & Engineering (CS) and a Post – Graduate Course in Computer Application (MCA). The unique feature of this Institute is that it offers admission to only Girls which makes it all the more a site to attract students. The students who want to take admission in any of the B.Tech courses will have to appear in Common Admission Test (CAT) which will be conducted by Lalit Narayan Mithila University (LNMU). Candidates can check about the detailed information about courses offered by the institute, fee structure, eligibility criteria etc from this article.
WIT Darbhanga Admission 2019 – Women’s Institute of Technology
- Establishment: It was established in the year 2005.
- Type: It is a Government College.
- Location & Area: It is located in Darbhanga, Bihar, India and it is spread over 25 acres of land.
- Affiliation: It is affiliated with Lalit Narayan Mithila University, Darbhanga approved by AICTE New Delhi.
- Facilities: The college has 7 labs for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. It has 2 Computer Labs, A Digital Electronics, A basic Electronic & Electrical labs. It also provides NSS services to students. The institute is supported by University Science & language laboratories and its own interconnected computer centres, wi-fi facilities, i-campus, automated library, uninterrupted power supply, availability of girls hostel and with medical facility makes WIT a top class institution for girls.
If one educates a man an individual is educated. If one educates a woman, the whole family is educated.
Courses Offered at WIT
- Information Technology
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
|Programmes||Total number of seats available|
|Computer Science & Engineering||60|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||60|
Admission Process of WIT
- Eligibility Criteria of WIT
Now before appearing in CAT 2019, candidates will have to follow certain rules and regulations and for that, they are required to match with certain eligibility criteria set by the governing authority. Candidates can check the below-given points for the same:
- It is mandatory for the candidates to qualify 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board/ university/ council either with Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics (PCM) for IT/ CSE/ EEE/ BI or with Physics, Chemistry/ Biology and Mathematics (PCB/M) for BI.
- Candidates should have minimum 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in PCM taken together
- Candidates are required to pass in English at 10+2 or equivalent level.
Students will have to take the WIT Common Admission Test (CAT) in order to take admission in any of the B.Tech Course. CAT 2019 will be of 3 papers namely Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology. It is a noteworthy thing which candidates have to give so as to take admission in any of the B.Tech course.
Candidates must pay attention and keep this thing in mind that after the examination, the selected candidates in the merit list will have to appear before the Counselling Board with all the necessary documents in order to take admission.
Fee Structure of WIT
Candidates can check the fee structure of B.Tech courses from the information provided below:
|Tuition Fee||Rs 30,000/-|
|Admission Fee||Rs 42,000/-|
|Examination Fee||Rs 1,000/-|
|Hostel Fee (for Hostelers only)||Rs 12,000/-|
|Caution Deposit||Rs 2,500/-|
Reservation of Seats
Reservation of seats for permanent resident/ domicile/ native of Bihar will be made as per the existing norms of govt. of Bihar. Candidates can refer to the information provided below for the same:
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 16%
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 01%
- Extremely Backward Class (EBC): 18%
- Backward Class (BC): 15%
Note: 10% of the seats are reserved under NRI/ Payment Quota Seats. 5% of the seats are reserved for wards of permanent employees of Lalit Narayan Mithila University, Darbhanga (wife and unmarried daughter), Ward Certificate from Employer and affidavit of the employee must be attached with the application form.
Also, candidates belonging to General Category and selected under reserved category will not be counted under Reserved Quota.
Good Deed done by the Institute: The Mission and main agenda of Women’s Institute of Technology, an Engineering College only for women is to produce at least one women technocrat from every village of Bihar in order to empower the Family, Society and Nation.
Official Website: www.witlnmu.ac.in