Candidates can get the WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Syllabus and question papers on this page. The PDF of the syllabus for B.Tech and B.Tech L.E. is also available for Download. Thus, aspiring candidates can read below to get the WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Syllabus PDF for free. The question paper of WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 will be based on this syllabus. Thus candidates must have the syllabus for the entrance examination without fail. Read below to know more about the syllabus and exam pattern of the WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019.
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Syllabus
Below we have provided the entire syllabus of WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019. Candidates can refer this syllabus and start preparing for the examination. This syllabus is prescribed by WIT itself and therefore the candidates can stick to these topics to clear the examination with flying colors.
Here is the brief syllabus for WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 B.Tech
- Physical world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid body.
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effects of current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Some basic concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: gases and liquids
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
- Some p-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f- Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday life
- Sets and Functions
- Algebra (I)
- Co-ordinate Geometry (I)
- Calculus (I)
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Statistics and Probability
- Relations and functions
- Algebra (II)
- Vectors and 3D Geometry (II)
- Calculus (II)
- Linear Programming
- Probability (II)
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organisation in animals and plants
- Cell: Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Sexual reproduction
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Ecology and Environment
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Syllabus – PDF Download
Below is the WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Syllabus PDF. Also, it can be downloaded and used for preparations.
For B.Tech Lateral Entry Candidates the WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Syllabus is as follows:
- Solid Geometry: Cartesian, cylindrical, Polar, Spherical Polar Co-ordinates, Direction ration and direction cosines, equations of Planes and Straight lines shortest distance, Co-ordinate transformations Spheres, Cones Cylinders, Ellipoids, Paraboloids and Hyperpoloid, Standard equations. With illustration, tangent, planes and normals.
- Differential Calculus: Review of limit, Continuity and differentiability of functions of Single Variable with terminology, Properties of Continuous functions, geometrical illustrations, applications of differentiation to approximate computations, Successive differentiation, Lebnitz rule, Rolle’s theorem, Cauchy’s mean value theorem (Lagrange mean value theorem as a special case). Taylor and maclaurin expansions, L-Hospital rule, Review of maxima and minima of function of Single Variable, Concavity and convexity of a Curve, Points of inflexion, asymptotes and Curvature. Limit Continuity and differentiability of function, geometrical interpretations, differentials, derivatives of composite and implicit function, derivative of higher orders and their Commutativity, euler’s theorem on homogeneous function. Taylor expansion of functions of several variables, maxima and minima of functions of several variables. Lagrange method of multipliers.
- Integral Calculus: Riemann integrals (upper and lower sums), definite integral as the limit of a sum, fundamental theorem of integral calculus, mean value theorems, evaluation of definite integrals, reduction formula, convergence of improper integrals, tests of convergence, geta and gamma functions, elementary properties, differentiation under integral sign, differentiation of intergrals with variable limits, Lebnitzrule, integrals dependent on a parameter applications, Rectification, double and triple integrals, computation of surfaces and volumes, charge of variables in double integrals, Jacobean transformations, integrals dependent on parameters application.
- Differential Equations: First order equation variable separable, exact, homogeneous, liner and bernoulli’s form , second order equations with constant coefficients, Euler equations, methods of their solution, dependence and independence of Solutions, wronskian systems of first order equations (Simple type).
- Vector Calculus: Scalar and vector fields, level surfaces, directional derivative, gradient, curl, divergence, laplacian, line and surface integrals, theorem of green, Gauss and stokes, Orthogonal Curvilinear coordinates, Infinite Series, Sequence and series their convergence and divergence, test of convergence, Power series – uniform and absolute convergence.
- Matrices: Algebra of matrices, vector space, linear dependence of vectors, rank and inverse of a matrix, solutions of algebraic equations, consistency conditions, eigen value and eigen vectors, similarity transformation reduction to a diagonal matrix.
- Fourier series: its convergence, Drichlet conditions, half range series.
- Introduction: Idealization of Mechanics, concept of Rigid Body. External Forces [Body forces & Surface Forces], Laws of Mechanics.
- Various Methods: Equality and Equivalence of vectors, Fee and Bound Vectors, Principle of transmissibility of forces, Moment of force about a point and about a line couple and moment of a couple, couple moment as a free vector, Addition and subtraction of couples.
- Various Systems of Forces: Statically Equivalent Force System, Simplest Equivalent of a system of forces.
- Equilibrium: Force analysis, fee Body Diagram, Equations of equilibrium and their applications to various system of forces, plane Trusses.
- Friction: Friction on dry surfaces, static, kinetic and rolling friction, applications to inclined planes, wedge and blocks and belts and pulleys.
- Kinematics and Kinetics of particle: Rectilinear and Curvilinear translations, Normal and tangential components of acceleration, projectile motion on a smooth vertical curve.
- Impulse and Momentum: Linear Impulse and linear momentum, Central Impact of elastic, semi elastic & plastic bodies.
- Kinematics and Kinetic of Rigid Bodies: angular velocity and angular acceleration, effective Forces on a rigid body, D’Alembert’s principle Application to Highways and Railway tracks, Instantaneous centre of rotation, compound pendulum, centre of percussion Rotation of Rigid bodies, Rolling motion, plane motion of rigid bodies, simple application Four bar mechanism.
- Work Energy and Power: work done by forces and couples, potential, Elastic and kinetic energy, work energy, conservation of energy, concept of power and efficiency.
- Grammar and Comprehension: (a) Subject – Verb concord (b) Tense (c) Voice (d) Synthesis (e) Common Errors (f) Vocabulary, Unseen passage will be set to test the language skills mentioned above.
- Business Correspondence: (a) drafting Official and Business Letters (b) Drafting Circulars and Official Orders/Instructions (c) Drafting Minutes and Agenda of the Meeting.
- Elementary Spoken English: Elementary theory of phonetics.
- Sentence and Paragraph Writing.
- Report Writing: (i) Importance of Reports in the present day Industrial Set-up (ii) Classification of Reports (iii) Writing of Reports- (a) Format (b) Mechanics of language.
- Technical Description of things and Processes.
- Precise Writing.
⇒ Know How to Prepare for WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 – Click Here
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Model Question Papers
Below is the model question Paper for WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019:
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
Total questions: 150
Type of Questions: Objective types Questions
Marking Scheme: There will be no negative marking for the wrong answer.
For admission to the first year of B.Tech program, CAT 2019 will be of 3 papers:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
For admission to the second year of B.Tech through Lateral Entry in CSE and IT programs of Engineering the CAT 2019, if held (subject to the adequate number of applicants), will be of 3 papers:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|