Women’s Institute of Technology, Darbhanga intakes admission in 4 B.Tech courses on the basis of their entrance test called Combined Admission Test (CAT). Thus, women candidates aspiring to pursue UG from WIT must appear in WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019. This examination has been conducted on May 29, 2019. Thus, admission to the first year of B.Tech program, CAT-2018 will be of 3 papers, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology. WIT is women only institute, and therefore only women candidates are eligible to apply. To know more about the admission process and every detail of WIT Darbhanga Entrance Exam for B.Tech – CAT 2019, read below.
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019
Not only to first-year B.Tech admission are based on WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019, but also admissions to B.Tech Lateral Entry will be based on CAT 2019. To take the entrance exam candidates need to fill up an application form. This application form will be available both in online and offline mode. Here are the important dates of WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019:
|WIT Darbhanga 2019||Important Dates|
|Start of Online Application||20 Apr 2019|
|Last date to apply online||25 May 2019|
|Issuance of Admit Card||Process Over!|
|Entrance Exam date||29 May 2019|
|Declaration of Result||16 Jun 2019|
|Counselling starts||4th week of Jun 2019|
The admission will be purely on the basis of merit of WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Examination. Candidates have to appear for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology subjects in the entrance test. Read below to know all about WIT Darbhanga Admission 2019.
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Counselling and Admission
Candidates selected in the merit list of CAT 2019 will have to appear before the counseling board for Admission with the following original Certificates/Documents.
- Original mark sheet, Certificate of Matriculation/Board/Equivalent Exam.
- Original mark sheet, Certificate, Admit card of I. Sc./+2/Equivalent Exam.
- For Admission to MCA program Original Mark sheet, Certificate, Admit card of recognized graduation degree and certificate of DCA wherever applicable.
- Original Migration Certificate (wherever applicable).
- College/School leaving Certificate (Original).
- Character Certificate from the head of the Instruction last attended.
- Original Caste Certificate (For reserve category students only).
- Residential Certificate.
- Photocopy of Certificate in respect of candidate claiming seat under university ward quota/NRI quota.
- Combined Admission Test Admit Card of CAT-2018 (Original).
Counselling: Click Here to check the notice regarding First Counselling of WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019.
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 – Courses Offered
Candidates can admission into following B.Tech courses on the basis of their WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 performance:
- Information Technology – 60 seats
- Computer Science and Engineering- 60 seats
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering- 60 seats
- Bioinformatics- 60 seats
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 – Admission Process
Below is the admission process of WIT Darbhanga via CAT 2019. Candidates must note that the application form will be available online as well as offline. The admit card for the entrance test of WIT will be sent via post. Therefore, make sure you get the admit card. For more details of each stage of the admission process, do keep reading below.
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Application Form
Candidates have to fill up the WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Application Form initially. Without this stage, candidates cannot proceed further.
- The Application Form will be available in two modes – Online and Offline. Get Online Application Form.
- But the candidates have to fill the application form and send it via post.
- Which means, whether you get the application in online or offline mode, they have to be submitted via post only.
- The filled in application form must reach the concerned authority before the last date.
For Online mode: The candidates need to download the application form from the official website of the university. Fill the same and send it via post along with the DD of the application fee.
For offline mode: Candidates need to acquire the application form in person by submitting the application fee in the form of DD.
- The application fee is Rs. 1050/-, if candidates download the form.
- In case candidates get the form in offline mode the application fee to be submitted is Rs. 1000/-
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before you start with the application form fillup, make sure you go through the eligibility criteria. Also, understand each point clearly and in case you face any doubts, feel free to ask us in the comment section below.
Eligibility for B.Tech Candidates:
Candidates can appear in CAT 2019 if:
- You have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized University/Board/Council either with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) for IT/CSE/EEE/BI or with Physics, Chemistry & Biology/Mathematics (PCB/M) for BI.
- At least 45% (40% for reserved category) aggregate marks in PCM/PCB is necessary.
- Also, you should have passed in English at 10+2 or equivalent level.
Eligibility for B.Tech Lateral Entry Candidates:
Candidates can appear in CAT 2019 if:
- You have passed Diploma examination in a relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in appropriate branch of Engineering and Technology.
- You have passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category)
- Also, you must have passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a subject.
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Preparation
Now, aspiring women candidates who want to pursue their UG education at WIT Darbhanga must ace their preparations for its entrance examination. Without preparation, it is difficult to crack the entrance test and take admission in your desired course. Therefore make a checklist of the following:
- Do you have the Syllabus of WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019?
- Do you know the important books?
- How to Prepare – Timetable for preparation?
- Do you know the exam pattern?
Make sure you are ticking all of them. Because these are the most important things you need to prepare for WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019. Thus, we have decided to provide everything for the checklist above. Check the WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Preparation Resources on this page below:
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Preparation Resources
Worry not, we have compiled the resources for all the aspiring candidates here!
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
Total questions: 150
Type of Questions: Objective types Questions
Marking Scheme: There will be no negative marking for the wrong answer.
For admission to the first year of B.Tech program, CAT 2019 will be of 3 papers:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
For admission to the second year of B.Tech through Lateral Entry in CSE and IT programs of Engineering the CAT 2019, if held (subject to the adequate number of applicants), will be of 3 papers:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Syllabus
Here is the brief syllabus for WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019. For detailed syllabus and PDF of the same, please scroll up on this page.
- Physical world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid body.
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effects of current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Some basic concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: gases and liquids
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
- Some p-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f- Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday life
- Sets and Functions
- Algebra (I)
- Co-ordinate Geometry (I)
- Calculus (I)
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Statistics and Probability
- Relations and functions
- Algebra (II)
- Vectors and 3D Geometry (II)
- Calculus (II)
- Linear Programming
- Probability (II)
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organisation in animals and plants
- Cell: Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Sexual reproduction
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Ecology and Environment
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Important Books
Here are few important books for WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Preparations. For more books check the preparation resources given above on this page!
|Name of the Book||Authour||Buying Link|
|Advanced Problems in Organic Chemistry||M. S. Chouhan||Buy Here|
|Problems In Mathematics with Hints and Solutions||V. Govorov, P. Dybov, N. Miroshin, S. Smirnova||Buy Here|
|Concepts of Physics (Set of 2 Volume)||H C Verma||Buy Here|
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Hall Ticket/Admit Card
The institute will send the hall ticket via post to those candidates who will successfully submit the application form on time. The WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Hall Ticket will reach the candidates address that they will mention while filling the application form. Thus, make sure the address is correctly filled.
in case a candidate fails to receive her Hall Ticket due to postal delay or any such reasons, she would be provided the Duplicate Hall Ticket for which she is required to report at WIT, one day before the day of admission test (CAT) along with a copy of passport size photograph, photocopy of duly filled-in application form and proof of the postal dispatch/receiving of application form.
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Result
Candidates has been placed on the WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Merit List as per their performance in CAT 2019. The merit list contains the number of candidates which depends on the number of seats available in a particular course. Further, all the admission process will be carried out on the basis of the merit list. Candidates need to appear for the counselling rounds as per their position in the merit list. The result will be uploaded online at the university’s website.
WIT Darbhanga CAT 2019 Fee Structure
Following is Fee strauture for B.tech and B.Tech lateral entry courses in WIT.
|Particulars||B.Tech (Annual)||B.Tech Lateral Entry (Annual)|
|Hostel Fee (for Hostelers only)||12,000/-||12,000/-|
|Caution Money (Once, Rfundable)||2,500/-||2,500/-|
Official website: www.witlnmu.ac.in